tuscl

Looking for info on gogo bars...in or around Philly 1976-1984

HoneyDewMelons
Retired Burlesque Belly Dancing GoGo Girl
Monday, September 18, 2023 10:09 PM
These are some of the clubs that I worked in during that period of time.. but I know they have been others some of the names have eluded me over time... It would be great if someone still has around some copies of unveiled magazine not only these dates but later dates of 2000 I'm not sure when Andy stopped publishing them... If you check out my profile you'll see most of the bars and clubs I worked... And over the years when it was my early career and then when I returned in my later career some of the clubs kept their same name and some had one or two name changes and of course some of them went totally defunct and became regular bars or restaurants or got torn down...

10 comments

• Studme53
    9 months ago
    In the early eighties I frequented the NJ GoGo bars the Oasis in Camden, Riviera in Pennsauken, Harem (I think - later became Thee Dollhouse and is now Cheerleaders) in Gloucester City. All featured “The Harem Dancers” who would rotate around in those 3 clubs. I went to the Camden clubs the French Quarter, Minnie’s and the Admiral a few times each. Also went to the White Horse Tavern in Lawnside and the Moon Dance in Maple Shade. Some really gorgeous women. If they had private dances then I’d still be in debt. I don’t know if you danced at any of those bars or knew any of the dancers. There a few I still remember and will never forget.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    9 months ago
    I worked at the French Quarter for a while I believe it was one of the first bars I auditioned at in my later career not really sure why I picked it cuz I traveled pretty far to get to it But when I auditioned the manager asked me if I could stay for a while I wound up staying 8 hours and I met the owner and he told me I could come back whenever I want and stay for however long I want I didn't have to call for a scheduler or anything I really loved that place... Plus once a week not too far away I worked at a bar called the Dragon Inn and I actually got paid to work there so just showing up for a couple hours I made 50 bucks not including tips... And it wasn't too busy during the lunch hour which is I think the only time they had girls but it was a nice little place it was easy to work..
  • Nickanme
    9 months ago
    Pennsport pub?
  • chimera422
    9 months ago
    Fantasy Showbar….. spent a lot of time and a fair bit of money there in the 90’s before it closed….
  • Studme53
    9 months ago
    The trio of Oasis, Harem and Riviera, which I believe were all owned and managed by the same people were great “GoGo bars”. The Harem dancers (I don’t know how they were organized or scheduled) would rotate between the 3 bars and were top notch. Someone on another site would talk about the guy who managed them and the stories he could tell. My favs were Persian and Gabrielle/Brielle. Both hardbody 10s. If anyone remembers them I’d like to get you impression.
  • nicespice
    9 months ago
    Woah! It’s so tough to find stuff related to strip club history. Stripperweb was an alright source about the early 00s and (some) of the 90s when that site was still around. (RIP) I would love to hear about your experiences about that era! If you have time, can I PM and ask you questions, like. Q&A?
  • Studme53
    9 months ago
    ^Ok
  • nicespice
    9 months ago
    ^ Oooh I was asking the OP, but I’ll you too Studme 😁 I’ll have to type out some questions later
  • Studme53
    9 months ago
    ^ Ha ha. I’m clueless but I did figured that out after the fact.🫢
  • HoneyDewMelons
    9 months ago
    Yes I can do some questions and answer and as you can tell I'm always asking questions myself in my earlier career my roommate drove me to and from I believe almost all of my clubs so really I sort of didn't pay attention to the actual location of where they were now of course I remember most of their names at least I think I do LOL My theme song back in the day was Hot child in the City I mean I was 17 and running wild had my own gorgeous apartment by the trevose train station...with my two other roommates... Man that was fun..
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion