tuscl

Day trip Update

Thursday, September 14, 2023 6:11 PM
So I went on my day trip to TJ a few days ago, and I’ll give a summary of my experience. Parked at lot behind Jack in the Box, charged me $8 for 8hours Border Crossing: I get there like 11AM, crossed Ped East, and no need for FMM or anything. Didn’t even need to open my passport. To HK: Didn’t see the limo anywhere and waited like 5-10min. Took a taxi and guy charged like 8 bucks. At Club: Girl only charged me $80, but room cost $40. Apparently that is their standard now, so you might as well get a room for a full day as it’s not that much more expensive. Might do I full review if I get bored. Return trip: 2PM, Taxi again, $10 this time. Crossing was not crowded and only needed 30 min to get back. Again no FMM. Either I was lucky or Tuesdays really make people lazy

5 comments

• Jascoi
    10 months ago
    I never should say never but I never take the taxi anymore. and haven't for the last 100 or maybe 200 trips. I'll take Zona shuttle or the ruta bus (10peso) to Centro and walk the last few blocks. sometimes I'll even walk the entire distance which is about 1 mi from the San Ysidro ped east entry to Hong Kong. (but I don't carry any luggage.)
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    2 weeks ago when I went they did check my passport card and wrote out a FMM. no charge.
  • CJKent_band
    10 months ago
    Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. :D Good Times, Good Times.
  • WiseToo
    10 months ago
    Tijuana has the potential of being a dangerous place due political activity in the country at the time you are there. When I was in Tijuana, I got to meet the Presidente de Mexico up close and personal, an experience which scared the shit out of me. Be very careful when you are there. Years ago, I walked across the pedestrian bridge from San Ysidro to Tijuana. The bridge spanned what looked like 8+ lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. None of the guards at the border (both US and Mexico) even acknowledged my existence. I just walked through. Once in Mexico, I saw huge tents with vendors selling all sorts of crap and just beyond the tents was a taxi stand with a dozen taxis. I walked down a main street looking at the stores and saw some seedy bars; one had a sign in English in the door advertising "Donkey Shows." Then a motorcade came slowly down the street. The shop owners all came out and stood in front of their shops waving flags with the letters PRI. The motorcade stopped directly in front of me and three gentlemen left the motorcade and began walking up to me. Obviously, two were armed body guards and the third looked like a politician (Yes, it was el Presidente). I couldn't move out of their way. They suddenly grabbed a man standing right next to me and began bitch-slapping him. He began laughing, said something and the politician said something. He didn't have a PRI flag. Good thing I'm a gringo, otherwise I've might have been next.
  • CJKent_band
    10 months ago
    @WiseToo Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion