tuscl

Remembering 9/11

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Monday, September 11, 2023 4:44 PM
At 8:46 am on 9/11/2001, Mohamed Atta the other hijackers aboard American Airlines Flight 11 crashed the plane into floors 93-99 of the North Tower of the World Trade Center, killing everyone on board and hundreds inside the building. At first it was assumed that the crash was a horrible accident. Then, at 9:03 am. hijackers crashed United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 75-85 of the WTC’s South Tower, killing everyone on board and hundreds inside the building. At this moment, we knew that this was no accident. At 9:37 am, hijackers aboard American Airlines Flight 77 crashed the plane into the western facade of the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing 59 aboard the plane and 125 military and civilian personnel inside the building. At 9:59 am, the South Tower of the World Trade Center collapsed. At 10:07 am, after passengers and crew members aboard the hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 learned about the attacks in New York and Washington, they mounted a heroic attempt to retake the plane. In response, hijackers deliberately crashed the plane into a field in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, killing all 40 passengers and crew aboard. It was suspected that this plane was headed either to the Pentagon or the White House. At 10:28 am, the World Trade Center’s North Tower collapsed. I was in New York City that day, when the whole city went into mourning and all too many people were faced with the tragic and senseless loss of family, friends and acquaintances who were killed for no other reason than because they worked in those buildings. There were also too many heroes to count on that day, including NYPD, FDNY and the people on Flight 93 who forced the hijackers to bring the plane down in a field rather than into another building. We will never forget.

26 comments

• twentyfive
    a year ago
    No American who was alive on that day will ever forget what happened, this will rank along with the attack on Pearl Harbor and the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, our most defining moments of the American history
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Any "American" who supported Obama, Hillary, or Biden has clearly forgotten what happened on 9/11. Kennedy's murder does not belong on a list of pivotal American moments. He was a nepo-president, a pinko, and the son of a career criminal.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Any "American" who supported Obama, Trump, or Biden has clearly forgotten what happened on 9/11. Kennedy's murder does not belong on a list of pivotal American moments. He was a nepo-president, a pinko, and the son of a career criminal. Trump is not only the son of a career criminal, but a bigger criminal himself and a traitor to the people of the USA” FTFY All
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ you’re nothing but a fhreadjacking cunt, go troll someplace else
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    ^Haha So easily triggered. Seriously, though, fuck Kennedy. Vietnam, Bay of Pigs, and more all proved what a weakling Kennedy was. If not for LBJ, Dealey Plaza should be a national holiday. As for no American supporting the latter three democrats, where should I begin? Bergdahl? Benghazi? Bagram? Iran? Syria red lines? San Bernardino? Fort Hood? The US-Mexico border?
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Some of us apparently did forget. How many terrorists just waltzed right on the fuck over into our country during the this administration? We have absolutely no idea because we don’t have a border anymore.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    ISIL? Pulse nightclub? Boston Marathon Bombing? Obama: "America can absorb another 9/11"?
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Not only the illegal immigrants of this administration, but the caravan and the surges during the Obama admin, especially after Trump won the election and there was a deadline to getting into America for free.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Maybe twentyfive means "never forget (except for mean tweets)"
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    Huh. It's so unexpected that this thread fell apart pretty much immediately.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    ^I know, right?
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    No one could pick a different day on which to be a douche bag?
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Welcome back, skibum!
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    ^ lol!
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    “It was a tragedy (9/11)… I mean, we lost 19 of our best guys” [view link] ~ The Big Sick Movie Clip - 9-11 (2017)
  • gobstopper007
    a year ago
    Sadly I think that may be last time you see this country truly coming together. If or when a similar event happens again I’m afraid you will see 40% of the country saying we have to get used to things like that and 40% wanting us to recklessly put boots on the ground immediately to retaliate. Unfortunately there is no leadership on either side to lead us through another 9/11.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    shit. 22 years ago . un fucking real. I have to admit I still can't wrap my brain around it. but still what a life-changer. trucking company I work for for so many years went under to short of a year later. had to start new different company. it cost me thousands. but that doesn't mean shit compared to the ones in the twin towers.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    no wonder i haven't been able to sleep today since 2:00 a.m. California time.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    it fucking sucks. I hate our intolerance worldwide for other people and their beliefs. and the intolerance for us.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    can't we at least tolerate other thoughts? and in turn... their tolerance for us?
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    It sure would be nice to have a edit ability. seams every other forum has a edit ability.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    Even if it's only available for 15 minutes. ability to edit our mistakes and especially when we speak into a phone and correct the misinterpretation by Alexa Siri.
  • jaybud999
    10 months ago
    @gammanu95 Fuck you, you small minded tard. Sorry, you're a large minded tard.
  • nicespice
    10 months ago
    This thread is going down just like the twin towers did 👀
  • nicespice
    10 months ago
    Though upon reflecting, I’m not entirely sure about the tragedy causing us to unite thing. In the short term, it did cause people to come together. But in the long-term, some of the post 9/11 reactions that happened did contribute to liberals vs Bush animosity—which would later morph into the red vs blue tribalism today.
  • minnow
    10 months ago
    Thanks for the (re ?)post rick. I gave you a thumbs up on prior 911 posts, both here and the pink site.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion