tuscl

Day trip next month

Saturday, September 2, 2023 6:00 PM
So I’m planning a day trip to TJ sometime in the second week so September. If any of you have been there recently, wanted to ask a few things so I don’t end up too late coming back. 1) Going to walk over the border, but wanted to check how bad is the wait to come back into the States. 2) Is doing a FMM online actually faster? 3) Also, can I get the HK limo back to the border if I’m not staying at Cascade?

8 comments

• CJKent_band
    10 months ago
    @Lost Guy I will play along and comment on your discussion, and answer your questions. Q: 1) Going to walk over the border, but wanted to check how bad is the wait to come back into the States. A) It depends of the time of the day if there is a holiday or event going on, it might be a couple of hours, if you have your Sentri Pass (The Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States.) you would save time. Q: 2) Is doing a FMM online actually faster? A) It is faster for you to fill and have it ready, if you are visiting for les than seven day you don’t have to pay $30 dollars for visiting from 8 to 180 days. The Mexican border officials do what they feel like asking for it, not asking, charging $30 regardless, so just be prepared for the “worst”; having to fill it right there and paying $30 if you find a officer 👮‍♀️ that is having a bad day. just like officers of the law in the USA or anywhere in the world. Q: 3) Also, can I get the HK limo back to the border if I’m not staying at Cascade? A) Yes you can, but it won’t be free for you if they know you are not staying at Cascadas, but if you visited Hon Kong they can let you take it for “free”, just tip accordingly. The worst is that they will charge $10-$20 dollars it will be up to them. Better take an Uber, or the bus or if you’re coming back during the day walking is a safe option to exercise, as long as you’re traveling 🧳 light. If this is your first time, just think of it if as an adventure going to explore the Happiest Place on Earth (according to Krusty) [view link] Just relax, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Enjoy the trip, learn about the history and culture of the Happiest Place on Earth, the nice people and beautiful girls. And remember Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. Let’s be careful out there. :D
  • Redbaron12
    10 months ago
    1. The line depends on what time you're crossing. 2. You can take a pre-filled out FMM if you want. It's actually slower to show it to them. Just show them your passport and they'll wave you by. That's the quickest way. 3. Yes, they'll just assume you were a HK customer. Nobody will ask anyway.
  • Lost Guy
    10 months ago
    Thanks, as for time of day, I expect to come back around 2-3 PM, I have to get to a thing at OC by 6PM at latest
  • PutaTester
    10 months ago
    The time it takes to cross back to the USA is never consistent. So much depends how many agents are manning the booths. I have seen lines 20 minutes and three hours. Holidays it can be four hours and more. Border crossing apps are basically useless. Weekends the line will be longer, obviously. You should budget two hours weekdays and three hours minimum weekends in the timeframe you suggested. And make sure that you have your passport or you could suffer extra hours of grief. Finally, don’t fall for the official looking vampires who offer you shorter access. They are simply professional line cutters. Best case you will piss some people off. Worst case you will be sent to the end of the line after being given your proper ration of shit for being stupid after having been warned here. Used to be those in line put up with the few rude line cutters. Now you will wait in line for 30-60 minutes depending upon where the line cutter’s placeholder is, and at the gate, people who followed the rules and waited in line will turn you into the agents at the gate, who will send you to the back of the line.
  • PutaTester
    10 months ago
    I forgot to mention that Ped West is open for crossing on foot to the USA, but it closes at 1:00 or 2:00 pm depending on the direction of the wind or which agent in charge decides s/he is bored.
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    Friday morning I walked across pet East back into the USA with my GE card but it still took 10 minutes because the freaking border patrol officer was super slow. and the other officers in the ready lane area would not pay any attention to us waiting in the sentry line. spent four days and four nights in Zona Norte. fun! and adelitas is still closed.
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    *ped* east
  • azfriole
    10 months ago
    Ped West took 20 minutes to cross on a Wednesday at 11 am. West is great after 9 am but curious how it is closer to when it closes?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion