tuscl

Best Club NOT on Top 40

harrydave
New Jersey
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:07 AM
The concept is simple. Not all great clubs can make the Top 40. Some languish in the second 40, and some are not even close, but they are great for some reason. The NBA has the "Sixth Man". TUSCL could have the "41st Club". What club(s) would you nominate? Why?

11 comments

• nj_pete
    16 years ago
    I've alwasy liked Clib Risque in Bristol, PA, Why? In no particular order; No cover (during the day anyway), reasonable drink prices, good service atteh bar, good LDs at a decent price, abover arerage looking girls, not overly crowded, music not overly loud,not overly pushy for dances, free lunch buffet. There is no one catagory that is stellar, but no catagory that is horrible either, its consistant. {Plus not close enought to home that I'm spending my childs college fund there, but not to far that I canlt get there every once in a while, 40 miles away). Used to be pastie but has (for a while now) been true topless again.
  • nj_pete
    16 years ago
    Ok, 1 more thing about Club risque, that makes it good, if you feel like "sluming it" Playhouse Lounge is 10 minutes away. Several times I've combined the 2. Start at Risque have a couple of drinks and LDs, then head over to PL for a "night cap".
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I would think that some of the Quebec clubs should be on there, but I bet not many from this site visit them often enuff and rate them high enuff. Still doin' some research on the "new" Top 40 though...
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I did know of one club that I first visited 6+ years ago. I fell in lust with my true ATF there, the first time I visited. I have been going back every month since then. Myself and shekitout, who was also in lust with my ATF wrote review after review. Soon it made it into the top forty. Then she quit the business. Some said that the club would fail without her. But we found new toys to play with. Today I have met a dozen TUSCLers that now call it their favorite club. Most of them are driving hundreds of miles to get there. I am trading emails with all of them. The club is now rated 6th. I have enjoyed watching its rise to fame because I know that I was a part of it.shoeshow rated it a 10 in her review where she jumped on my case. If all of the dancers there were like her, the club would drop off the top 40. But they are not. My reviews alone can not keep it in the top 10. It is the reviews by the other 127 TUSCLers that keep it where it is. Watch for the next convention there this spring.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Well, thanks for the advertisement for PP, shadowcat! ;-)
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Here's my nomination. The 40th club on the current list is rated 7.772. I would nominate Play House, near the Detroit airport. It is a small club, with a comfortable atmosphere for us business travelers. Good food, attractive girls who will sit and talk a bit, and excellent mileage in the dance area. When I was going to Detroit regularly, this place was a consistently good alternative to Flight Club, and as I got to know a few girls, the mileage got higher. The club currently rates 7.65, with very good recent reviews (except for one crank).
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I personally think a list of the top 40 is overrated. It's not about whether everyone enjoyed the club, but whether you did. One of my top 10 favorite clubs rates as about a 6 according to the listing here, but I know I'll be going there the next time I'm in the area.
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    Only two of my personal Top 10 are on the Top 40. I am amazed at a couple of the others that are on the Top 40. My choice for 41 is Booby Trap in Pompano Beach.
  • jimhalsted
    16 years ago
    Yeah, the top 40 is overrated. It's hard, and not really fair to compare clubs from all over the country (plus Canada and Mexico). But I love this topic - name a club that you think is underrated and why. For me, the Southern California clubs east of LA are great. They don't seem to get as much attention on the list, but the milage is unbelievable.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I have no idea how Rick's Tally Ho in NY got into the Top 30 overall (& now in the Top 16 on the new Top Rated Topless Clubs)...it looks and sounds like a small house that was "converted" into a club. Still looking into some other places...
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Hey, Fantasyland West in OH is top rated, and while the dance mileage is good, and extras are sometimes on the menu, the place is in the middle of nowhere, hard to find, usuallu only has a few girls, and is a dump. The "regional effect" explains it - this club is "great" because the local alternatives suck or don't even exist.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion