tuscl

The Boston Celtics / Can they do it ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Sunday, May 28, 2023 2:26 PM
In case you aren't an NBA fan, the NBA play-offs are happening. The Denver Nuggets have already qualified to get into the Finals. The Eastern bracket is currently the Celtics vs the Miami Heat. The Celtics have the better regular season record, thus the home court advantage in the seven game series. The Heat won the first 3 games and Jimmy Butler has been playing out of his mind lately. In the history of the NBA play-offs, a team has gone up on the other team 3 games to zero 150 times in a seven game series. Not once has the team down 3-0 come back to win the next four games and win the series. Last night, Boston won for the third time in a row. So the series is now tied 3-3. They play tomorrow in Boston. If the Celtics win, they will accomplish something that everyone has said was not possible. The Heat have a lot of injured players and with the game in Boston. So I'm thinking the Celtics might just do it. If the Celtics win, will this be regarded as a great comeback by Boston. Or a choke job by the Miami Heat ?

23 comments

• twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ probably both a comeback and a choke job
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    I’m not sure it really matters because Denver will wipe the floor with whoever wins the east. Especially with at least 11 days rest. Butler was 5/21 - Adebayo was 4/16 - he’s been horrible this entire series. If Tyler Herro wasn’t injured this probably would have ended last night with a Miami win if it would have went that long.
  • ww
    a year ago
    ^^^Too much rest in basketball normally leads to losing the 1st game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I haven't watched the NBA since pre-Covid thus I'm not up to date - but someone mentioned that the main-reason no-one has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit is bc the better-team is rarely if ever in that situation to begin with. From what I've heard; the consensus is that tfe Celtics were no-doubt the better team going-in but for some reason had not been playing that way. I would assume the Celtics will win game 7 bc: 1) they finally figured it out and/or got the kick-in-the-butt they needed 2) the Boston crowd will probably be going wild and that has an effect and sometimes a significant effect
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I would not be surprised if Denver loses game-1 and possibly badly - practice can't replicate game-action and the team that comes in from a supa-tough series is more primed-for-battle. This was often the case in years back - but perhaps may not be the case today?
  • crosscheck
    a year ago
    They should win it, but I still don't trust this team. Just look at what happened last night, blowing a 10 point lead in the last 4 minutes. Jaylen Brown says after the game that they "took their foot off the gas" How do you let up with 4 minutes left in game 6 of the conference finals with your season on the line? This team still just does not get it.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    Game time is approaching. Anyone placing any bets ? The Celtics have proven that they will take their foot off the gas sometimes. I think Jimmy Butler comes to life tonight. The 0 for 150 string continues.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ I think you’re right
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    The streak continues. Boston wilted in the 4th quarter. The Miami Heat are going to the NBA finals. I think the game might have been different if Jason Tatum hadn't twisted his ankle early in the game.
  • ww
    a year ago
    ^^^It would’ve been different in that they would’ve loss by less - but they would’ve still loss. Also could’ve been different if the 2 key players on Miami could play vice being injured - you play with who you have. Boston tends to shrink in pressure situations and “take their foot off the gas” a lot. But their biggest issue is they don’t have anyone with heart on that team and rely too much on beating you off sheer talent. Main reason they loss in the finals last season is not having heart.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I think it was Boston that choked, the game was never in doubt, I think the Heat took an early lead and Boston just didn't have what they needed to overcome the Heat's discipline, which in my estimation, is why the better team did win.
  • chiefwiggum
    a year ago
    I didn't see this thread until now, but as soon as I saw that Boston was favored for game 7 I threw my paycheck on Miami on the moneyline (+240 baby)! I love to brag on games that I know for sure in my gut is a lock.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    ^ time to hit the club!!
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    I'm gonna say Denver in five for the Finals series though. The Heat will have no answer to the Joker.
  • chiefwiggum
    a year ago
    I don't have a lock feel for the series, but I really like Denver. I saw more of the Boston series because my friends are Miami fans and I'm a big fan of Jimmy Buckets. However, Miami did not look good in those losses to Boston at all and Jimmy is starting to look a little old.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    It might be a tougher series than everyone thinks, the heat have proved that they are a disciplined team and won't go out without a fight, it's hard to have a read on this series, because this year has been full of surprises. I'm going to pick the Heat, because I think Denver might be over confident.
  • ww
    a year ago
    I think Miami gets game 1, due to over-rest for Denver…after that, we’ll see how it goes. I think Denver’s reliance on Jokic can be used to the Heats advantage. You just don’t know who steps up and who dries up under the bright lights of the Finals.
  • DandyDan
    a year ago
    I'm inclined to believe Denver will sweep, but I can see Miami winning 1 in Miami. FWIW, I had Denver for $50 at +750 back in February. I wish I had done more.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    I think Miami was dog tired for Game 1. 2nd game could be totally different. Not playing until Sunday night. I expect Jimmy Buckets and crew to put up a good fight. Still think Denver in five though.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    The Heat proved again they are a tough disciplined team, if they can win two in Miami, no way Denver wins this series
  • ww
    a year ago
    Heart can beat talent on any given day. We'll see if Miami can sustain it as Denver will definitely make adjustments.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    One really bad thing about living on the East Coast. Ball games are on too damn late. I went to bed thinking the Nuggets had this one under control. There is a lot of FIGHT in the Heat team. Still think the Nuggets will win it. But it may go at least 6 games now.
  • minnow
    a year ago
    The new topic question should be-Can Miami do it ?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion