tuscl

H.E. Butt Grocery

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
Founded by Howard Edward Butt. Later changed its name to H-E-B.

The 8th grader in me can't help but be amused that a stripper's favorite grocery store originally had the word "butt" in its name.

14 comments

• nicespice
    a year ago
    Growing up in central Texas, I used to think HEB was this overrated place that people overhyped just because that’s how Texan pride is. (Seriously, people in grade school pledge allegiance to Texas right after pledging to America)

But after seeing King Sooper/Fry’s/Kroger, Hy-vee, Safeway, Publix, Schnucks, Cub’s, Winn-Dixie, Hmart, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets/Albertsons, etc…

NOPE, HEB is the best grocery store chain out there. I love going there every chance I get 🥰🥰🥰
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    ^^^What about Piggly Wiggly?
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Also people really seem to like Wegmans in the Northeast. I don’t really get the grocery store fight, but if you look closely it’s like silent war going on that nobody’s talking about. You have people in Florida telling you the best place to eat is at a Publix, that is a bold statement
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    I went to college with Howard's grandson. I think he was HEB, III. We called him Harry. Seriously, that is what we called him.
  • nicespice
    a year ago
    I think I drove by a Piggly Wiggly once but I’ve never shopped at one. But eeeh, aside from the cute name, it probably wasn’t anything special. I don’t know anything about Wegman’s, so I can’t comment about anything.

Also, I don’t know any other store that has as awesome of a selection for their own in-house generic brand items. Not just for the many grocery options. But they also have their own Texas-shaped cookware and stuff as well. Here’s just a few things they might carry:
    https://www.kwsanantonio.com/news/amp/26…

And it’s also ranked high as one of the healthiest grocery store chains in America. Which is pretty darn amazing when it’s headquartered in a city that ranks #25 in obesity, and the staple food items that locals claim as their own is pretty darn calorie dense.
    https://www.sacurrent.com/sanantonio/ico…
    https://www.eatthis.com/healthiest-groce…
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Have lots of family in Florida so I’m very familiar with Publix. For my money, the best grocery store out there.

All I have are crappy Kroger’s
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Wegman’s here in Maryland is pretty nice. Grocery is good. Fresh bakery and extensive deli, fresh seafood. Good prepacked meals. Weigh and pay food, pizza counter, sushi counter, burger joint. But wegman’s in PA has us beat with a bar and tv’s inside.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Wegmans is nice. I only go there for fresh stuff like meat, fish and produce. I can't see paying almost double for basics like bottled water and cleaning products. I'll go to Walmart for that kind of stuff and buy a shit-ton so I don't have to go too often.

The place I really can't stand is Whole Foods. If you need a radiation meter to visit a nuclear disaster site, then you need a smugness meter to enter Whole Foods. Got to make sure you're not overexposed to asshole customers. 90% of their products are brands I never heard of, and it's all that organic shit which I would never buy. I'm convinced it must be full of bugs and worms since they don't use pesticides. God I hate that fuckin place.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    I've been in H-E-Bs where the customers didn't look super healthy.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    nicespice could probably get an endorsement deal, should quit giving it away for free. Or...maybe she's not.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    If you're looking for pickled pigs feet, try Food Lion.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Sounds like you could get an extra hot dance from nicespice if you just kept whispering "H E B" into her ear.
  • datinman
    a year ago
    I'm I the only one that read the OP in the voice of Mike Judge from Beavis and Butt-head? Heh, Heh, Heh, He said butt.

I have lived in multiple states over the years. I have seen grocery chains come and go. For my money, Publix is the best. The worst - probably either Fiesta Mart or Winn-Dixie.

• ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    True extras hounds all shop at Pube Licks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion