tuscl

Atlanta hotel without credit card?

Does anyone know of an Atlanta area hotel that accepts cash for the room, and the security deposit?

8 comments

• wallanon
    a year ago
    Asking strangers online where to find a sketchy hotel? What could go wrong?
  • aham5
    a year ago
    Buy a prepaid Amex at Walmart. Pre load with $500
  • 5footguy
    a year ago
    @Aham5144 - I have heard that many hotels may not accept a prepaid card. Even if a name is associated with it, they just won't take it. Have you actually done this, and if so, can you DM me which hotel(s) you have been successful with this approach?
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    That's silly. If they accept cash, why wouldn't they accept a prepaid card? Afterall, they likely require a form of ID, so it's not like you're completely anonymous. Of course, if you know people who had a prepaid card refused (other than that there wasn't enough remaining on it to cover room fee plus deposit), I will stand corrected with respect to those specific properties. It would be foolish for properties to refuse a legitimate payment.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Another option would be to just set up a PayPal account and get one of their debit cards attached to that account. You can even load cash directly onto the PayPal account at various stores if you are worried about a significant other seeing it on a bank statement. I've never heard of a hotel that won't accept a debit card for the room and deposit.
  • Rob1115
    a year ago
    Yeah, I don't like to use my personal CC for the same reason most PLs, the SO may see the statement. But I only tried to use cash once at a sketchy motel and they wanted the room paid in advance plus a $200 deposit. I baled but mostly because the place seemed so sketchy.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    The cash in advance and security deposit in cash is common practice, seedy joint or not.
  • FLAP3000
    a year ago
    Just get a bullshit CC (like a CreditOne bank) strictly for this kind of excursion. It has a low limit and high interest, but works for this scenario.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion