tuscl

Chicago clubs - 390 and Atlantis etc

Hey all,

I saw on the map that these clubs are south of Chicago.

Are they in decent areas? I keep hearing bad things about the crime in south Chicago.

Thanks again!

7 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Atlantis is next to a corn field. I wouldn’t go for a stroll in the neighborhood around 390, but the parking lot seemed safe enough.
  • cowboyak
    a year ago
    It’s not the south side of Chicago. It’s in the suburbs south of Chicago. ATL is in a stand alone building by fields as ilbbaicnl said. 390 is in an industrial area surrounded by plants and factories and storage facilities with a privacy fence around it. Not a secure fence. I’ve never seen random people walking around those buildings.
  • cowboyak
    a year ago
    Forgot to mention that Jimmy’s is down that way. Even there I never felt unsafe as it a surrounded by stores and restaurants and stripmalls. Their parking can be a bit sketchy at times. But always felt welcome there.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Only went to Jimmy's once, but there was a bouncer who stood outside and watched the lot full-time.
  • rugrat
    a year ago
    Atlantis is just of the highway and is all by itself. 390 is an industrial area, there is a Fed Ex operation that runs pretty much 24 hours a day close by. Both clubs are completely safe and are 10 miles or more south of the dangerous parts of Chicago.
  • captainfun
    a year ago
    To OP. You’ll get more feedback to questions if you balance out requests for help with contributing to this site.
  • chiefwiggum
    a year ago
    Previous comments are correct. I'll add some more context:

Atlantis is not in a nice place, don't go wandering around outside the club if you can help it. The crime statistics are pretty bad, but after years of going there, I can say that the crime is usually amongst the local populace. They also attract a criminal element, but unless you're throwing beer around or pushing around people, no one will bother you. Everyone is there to have a good time.

390 sort of borders a nicer neighborhood, but both have access to the same criminal populace. You'll see more hood types here on the weekends. But again, as long as you act civil, no worries. In both clubs, the girls are more likely to get into it then the patrons.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion