tuscl

Playing up ethnicity

Ruby3456
Indian Dancer in North Boston
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 7:07 PM
I’m an Indian dancer. One of my nights, I wore a sheer sari sarong draped over a bikini as my outfit. Another dancer asked me if other Indians or customers would find it offensive. I don’t think so. Appropriation won’t be an issue since I’m Indian. Sari is cultural rather than religious. It’s no different from a Scottish kilt. I just wouldn’t dress up like an Indian goddess, wear religious accessories or certain colors, or go over the top. What do customers think? Would you find it attractive? Interesting? Weird? I get asked a lot about my ethnicity or hearing that I’m the first Indian dancer they’ve seen. So why not?

15 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    It probably won't hurt, but most customers focus on what dancers look like with fewer clothes on.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    a year ago
    As a white guy, I can certainly see a sari being eye catching and creating additional interest. I don’t know if the cut of a sari permits it. But removing your bikini on-stage while saving the sari for last might be a particularly erotic dance routine.
  • Ruby3456
    a year ago
    Good idea but that'd be difficult. That sari is very sheer that you can see right through it. I'll have to remove the sari first. Otherwise it's impossible to dance and remove bikini. It's a fully nude club.
  • WOODDR2
    a year ago
    Caucasian male here, it wouldn't bother me at all, whether you're Indian or any other female. I have seen only a handful of Indian female dancers. One in particular I used to get dances from regularly, she was super beautiful.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    It's a time tested way to get attention since Mata Hari and long before. Same reason Asian dancers call themselves Jade and Lotus, black dancers refer to their body as chocolate, or Latina dancers call themselves spicy, even if they otherwise find the stereotype gross. I think it would be cool and different, and make you stand out. Try it and see. Shit, I'd buy dances from you just because I haven't seen an Indian dancer in a club in 20 years. Someone is always going to find a way to be offended by anything.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Cross posting this and slightly OT...sorry. ***** Rani, I have to ask you. I've dated a few Indian women and slept with a couple, and while we had hot amazing sex, one was mortally afraid of letting me eat her pussy. It wasn't a hygiene issue, she smelled great everywhere and shaved, but I saw her eyes widen and her body cringe whenever I tried to slip my tongue between her thighs. Is there some cultural stigma against it?
  • Ruby3456
    a year ago
    Not sure about cultural stigma. I haven't heard of it. It could be self consciousness. Some women are worried about how they look down there and afraid you'd be turned off.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    It's a novelty not often seen in a club, and therefore, it likely serves you well. Don't worry about offending anyone....there's too much in society of people calling foul over things things that are inconsequential. People in a strip club should certainly not be judgmental, lest they be judged for visiting establishments looked down upon by society.
  • Ruby3456
    a year ago
    @tetradon - as for me, I cannot imagine turning down a lover who's willing to go down on Mr.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    I'd be neutral. Attractiveness is an individual thing to me, I have no ethnic preferences. I prefer dancers whose clothing/tats/piercings/jewelry that express who they really are. So, if you're ethnicity is a big part of your identity, by all means, show it off.
  • Renegade_Buddha
    a year ago
    I've run into a couple girls that do that in Atlanta and it's HOT as fuck. It plays into the imagination
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    I wouldn't find it offensive, no worry about others finding it offensive. If they do, fuck em. That said, less is more when it comes to stripper clothes. #1 way to get my attention is to be hot. #2 way is to be nearly naked.
  • alexc75
    8 months ago
    Lean into it desi princess
  • skibum609
    8 months ago
    Cultural appropriation is for weak, looking for an issue progressives and they would never be in a strip club exploiting women. The Sari makes you look different. Different looking draws attention. If you're hot the added attention equals added exposure to customers and is a winner.
  • gammanu95
    8 months ago
    Fuck, I wish dancers could still upload pictures. You know, for context purposes...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion