tuscl

Stop the presses, take away Al Gore's Nobel Prize, Global Cooling is coming

Yes, it's true. Apparently scientists have discovered that how hot or cold the planet is has a bigger factor than how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere. The bigger factor is the sun. Less solar activity and less sunspot activity correspond to hot and cold climates here on the Earth and other planets in our solar system. Scientists thought the next cold chill or mini-ice age may start up as soon as a few years from now since the thinking was solar activity had been increasing and would peak around 2012. Now scientists are nervously noticing that sunspot activity seems to have recently died out. Get your snow shovels ready. Global warming might be postponed for 200 years due to snow and ice.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thre…

16 comments

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    Just in case someone thought I was joking, I'm not.
    Here's another link.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/…
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait a few years for the planet to get noticeably colder though. I still think we might have a solar storm in 2011 or 2012.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    The 11-year sun cycle has been well known for decades now. There's some Russian scientist trying to sell this same idea now, and he has "predicted" when the next Little Ice Age will be to the nearest year and it's exact length in years. He's a fool...the science of meteorology and climatology is not that good yet. Those sciences have only been around for around 150 years or so. Everybody wants to get funding for their science, but it's a shame that people feel the need to scare people to get it.

I'm also not a fan of global warming, and I do think that another real Ice Age will come along in another few thousands or tens of thousands of years. What the hell do you think a "solar storm" is?
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    The major broadcast/print/and cable media which is about 95% far left has no interest in presenting an honest debate on the issue of man made global warming. There's at least a 3 to 5 year lag between contrary evidence and the major media presenting it, however the public will eventually be very angry when they realize they've been scammed. Look at Scientific American (always going far left when the opportunities arise) which dragged their feet for a year in regards to clear-cut evidence that AT LEAST one third of all carton dioxide being produced on earth was originating from plant decay, and even when they finally published it, they were beside themselves in trying to explain the alleged insignficance of it all.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Look, man has added a massive amount of carbon to our Earth's atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution, period. The issue is where did it all go eventually? Only in recent years did scientists discover how much of carbon sink the land masses were (mostly due to more plantlife sucking up CO2), and, to my knowledge, no one has yet come up with a measure of how much carbon the Earth's oceans can store & how much carbon they are even storing right now. Let's not go hog wild on the media again Davy...
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I heard it was 44 below zero in Minnesota the other day. Hundreds have died this winter in Afghanistan due to the colder than normal winter. Baghdad even saw some snow recently. It's been snowy in China as well. Maybe it's just a coincidence the solar output has ebbed slightly at the moment. Then again maybe those greenhouse gases go south for the winter. There won't be much money to made with natural causes for global warming or cooling as compared to manmade sources that can be taxed with a carbon tax or carbon credits issued or other ways to profit such as funding certain enviromentalists for ways to study manmade greenhouse gases. Funding would likely die out if they said the planet will warm up and cool down just like the other planets based on how much solar output the sun puts out and maybe a tiny percentage variation based on the entire output of greenhouse gases. I don't think we need to worry about this for a few years though since I think the next solar cycle has started. I read it might be 2020 before the planet really gets cold. Unless you go to Minnesota.

PS. A massive solar storm could knock out power all across the planet for months blowing out a lot of equipment that would take that long to replace. Talk about making life miserable. I hope that never happens. Somehow watching a stripper dance in candlelight while someone beats some drums doesn't seem as much fun as electric lights and an electric sound system. Just joking, I don't think I would be going to strip clubs if that happened. I wouldn't even be able to drive anywhere with power out at the gas pumps and I'd be more concerned with food, water, and living. Hopefully that won't happen this time because I doubt any of us are prepared for it, even though it probably has happened several times already in the last several hundred years and will happen again sometime. Hopefully the only way that will happen is if someone detonates an electromagnetic bomb. Next 2 years should warm back up. Everyone can just forget what I said.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    It's wintertime, period. I don't think that global warming is strictly a money-making opportunity.

So, you're talking about solar radiation knocking out satellites and power grids...well, that is a real threat. It's already happened before too. That's why the Space Weather Center out in CO was formed. They do a good job watching the Sun IMO.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I agree it's winter. I won't be convinced global cooling is here unless I hear glaciers are advancing and more ice and snow are piling up around the globe. I think we have one more solar cycle to get through. I wonder if Al Gore talked about global warming occurring on the other planets in our solar system? Probably not since it wouldn't fit in with his ideas that global warming is all due to mankind's activities.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Look at Venus. A lot of people view what goes on on that planet to be a runaway greenhouse effect.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Yes, if Al Gore was president, he would have taxed all industry and drivers to death to eliminate man made carbon emissions and it would not have affected anything except whoever was making money off the process. We really need objective studies not influenced by politics or using false or shaky data to know if the planet will be getting colder or warmer in the future. I've heard the republican administrations try to downplay any possible global warming while the democrats try to make everything look worse. I thought several years ago scientists predicted the temperature would be several degrees warmer now than it actually is. There have been several warmer and colder periods on this planet in the past and man made emissions didn't cause that. Hopefully, man made emissions are more powerful than the effect of less sunlight reaching the Earth. If that's the case, we can keep the planet warm enough to keep growing crops like normal 10 years from now. Ahh, I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this info here since no one reading this probably cares too much.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Al Gore needs to go to China to preach to them, they just had the coldest winter in 50 years. Gore is not interested in fair debate, he would rather let the major media front for him and his endless propaganda.

If Obama wins, and the odds look high given there is a recession on the doorstep, you will be surprised how the debate will change in regards to the man-made global warming issue, because the lefties will have to put up or shut up, and since the GW debate is currently 98% political - they won't be too anxious to bash Obama (even though he's a man-made GW hypster)- who obviously will not be interested in entering the United States into a 100 year depression to (theoretically) drop the temperature approx 1 degree by the end of that period
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    We'll never know what a Gore Presidency would be like, since the Supreme Court took his term away from him in 2000. We're in a recession right now BTW. We really don't need to sacrifice economic gains for reductions in pollution. Alternative energy is a HUGE untapped resource in this country that is already making plenty of businesses money right now.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Funny that after approximately 19 different recounts done by various organizations (many of them news organizations clearly slanted left)- in not one recount did Al Gore win in Florida. The Sup Ct didn't take "his term" away, it merely prevented the State of Florida from having multiple varying and arbitrary ballot counting procedures and standards in different counties in Florida in an election that clearly had a critical national impact and which was clearly a violation of the equal protection clause.

Oh I forgot Kerry supposedly lost in Ohio because of the Diebold voting machine conspiracy too, 4 years later

No need to worry, dems will win the next one
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Hmmmmm:
    http://archive.democrats.com/display.cfm…
    http://www.aei.org/docLib/20040526_Keati…
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0310/S0…

Try actually reading what happened after those recounts were done Davy. Gore won FL. Gore won in 2000. The totally bogus Supreme Court case Bush v. Gore was apparently the ONLY bit of caselaw from the Court that can never be used as precident. The Court EXISTS only to set precident, period. Even the Court knew what they did was wrong.

While there were irregularities in OH in 2004 (like more votes being recorded for Bush than there were actual voters in a county or two), I don't think that Kerry won. It's just that Bush should have never been there as an incumbent in the first place. Hopefully, for the first time in 8 years, we can have a clean election this year.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    lol - I'm been an admitted bar member (including DC) for more than 20 years, I know what the issues are, sorry.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    You mean you've been a lawyer for over 20 years...so you know how to *obscure* the issues...lol...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion