tuscl

Survey: When a Dancer Gives You Her Phone Number, She Means...

(1) I am giving you my number just to keep your interested, so you will buy dances from me later in hope of OTC. I am never gonna really go out with you PL.
(2) Text/call me to let me know when you will come to the club again; you are a good customer;
(3) Call me and I may want to go out with you when I have time;
(4) Call me after work and we will find a place to get you off.

Please add other scenarios if I have missed them.

P.S. I have got phone numbers from several dancers, but it tends to mean quite different things for different girls. Thought I'd like to know others' experiences. I am sure many others may be interested in this thread too.

31 comments

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    It usually means come and spend more money on me. There are exceptions. I had 3 numbers for my ATF. her home number, which she never answered and 2 cell numbers. One for customers and one for family and friends. I have also been given a dancers parents phone number in VA. I know that it is valid because I have talked to her father. I also have the cell number of a favorites husband. She said that if I ever needed help to call her and if I couldn't get a hold of her to call him. Other dancers have told me that if I was in trouble to call him. Ron I hope that I never have to call you.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I agree with Shadowcat. If you don't know her very well, it's usually just a marketing tool - she wants you to call so she can tell you her work schedule. If you do know her well it can sometimes mean more than.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Many dancers are in near panic mode about sudden sharp dropoffs in income they've experienced in the last 6 to 12 months and some are handing out numbers (now and then even their regular cell numbers) like they are candy, mostly to regular or potential regular customers. Therefore 99% of the time its #1. As for #2 dancers make money when you spend at the club, not when you call them, and unless you're a 1000 dollar a week plus sugar daddy type, they are not going to arrange their schedule around you. As for #3 if they find out for example you are a high net worth individual (e.g. a few million) and might be generous, its possible. In regard to #4 for free unlikely, for money its possible.
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    You are on a dancer's speed dial, because she needs quick money and she wants you to return the call to confirm that you are on your way to her club.
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    If a dancer gives you her number, be very careful. Remember, if you call her back she will have yours, and you don't need calls at 3am.
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    If a dancer gives you her number, be very careful. Remember, if you call her back she will have yours, and you don't need calls at 3am.
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    As Shadowcat pointed out, there are exceptions. We also know that the dancers are all different and you really can't make generalizations, without knowing the circumstances.

However, with that said, it's fairly safe to assume that the usual reason that a dancer gives you her number - especially if YOU asked for her number - is to keep you as a continued customer.

Also, keep in mind, even though she has given you a number, it might not be HER number, or it might not even be a real number... maybe just a number to shut you up. Until you've called her at that number, or she has called YOU from that number, you just never know.

I have received many numbers, and it's usually given in the spirit that the number will be used in order to make arrangements - whether it be used to make sure she is working when you will be in the club, or to arrange OTCs, etc. Even though I've been given many numbers, I don't think ANY of the girls - even the ones that I had a "relationship" with ever said "call me whenever you want to talk to me."

As LotsOfFun pointed out, be careful when giving them YOUR number, or when calling them with a potential they can see your number via caller ID. This is especially true if you have a spouse or SO... make sure that the dancer will be discreet when calling you. If there is ANY cause for concern, make sure you either don't give your number out and block your number from being displayed on HER phone. Remember, it's very easy to block... just dial "*67" (you can remember it by thinking NS... "Not Shown") before the number you dial, and your number will be blocked.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I've only been given three that I kept. One (ATF), I still have after many years. A friend, nothing more than that. Another, a favorite bartender (ex-dancer), I talk to at times to see who is working, or she calls me to let me know. Also, I help her with her computer. The third, a favorite dancer and VIP companion. I am sure she had me in the good customer category. She changed number so often and got real sick (cancer), I lost contact with her, but still hear about her at times through #2.

That said...
    #1 and #2 - Friend
    #3 same as your #2
  • BobbyI
    17 years ago
    You should be able to tell from the vibe once you have a bit of clubbing experience what is up.

I've got literally hundreds of numbers and all the following are possible but I would rate the reasons in descending order of probability as follows (this is subjective: for true players, or guys with higher game than mine the order may be different):

1) Wants me to call her so we can make arrangements to fuck for pay 79%
    2) Wants me to call her so she can hook me up with drugs 10%
    3) Wants to go on a normal (unpaid) date 7%
    4) Wants to fuck (unpaid) 2%
    5) Wants to be friends 1%
    6) Just fucking around/wasting time/playing games 1%

I also think it is a bit of a myth that asking for her number as opposed to waiting for her to give you hers is always wrong if you are looking for unpaid action. I've had things work fine when asking for their number. But, OTOH, I just like to skip BS/games and get straight to the point.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I agree with your categorizations, but I'd have to say mine have been of different percentages.

1. Wants me to call her so we can make arrangements to fuck for pay: 50%.
    2. Wants me to call her so she can hook me up, or I can hook her up, with drugs: 5$.
    3. Wants to go on a normal (unpaid) date: .00000000001%
    4. Wants to fuck (unpaid): 0%
    5. Wants to be friends: 0%
    6. Just fucking around, wasting time, fiddling with a new cell phone: 44.99+%.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    oops, obviously the drugs should be "5%" not "5$" (but the "$" is funny ... )
  • BobbyI
    17 years ago
    $5 for a hit of acid? Sign me up!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Several years ago, I was hanging with my ATF at my favorite club. Even made my one and only trip to the Champagne Room. Her best friend was back there with a customer and he invited us to join them. We bull shitted with them and sipped some Champagne for about 20 minutes and then we returned to the main room. Shortly there after the best friend got into it with her customer. She came out. ATF went in to do damage control. ATF came out and said "I have to drive her home. Call me at this number in a hour and I will let you know if/when I can get back". I waited the hour and then called. Some guy answered so I hung up. WTF? Next day, when I saw my ATF, she asked why I had not called her. I explained that I had but that some guy answered and I hung up. I showed her the number that she gave me. She said "OH shit, I gave you her boyfriends number". We both laughed. No damage done.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    One time I called a dancer who had given me her 'phone number, and did the blocked number thing. She ripped me a new asshole over it.

I just use my cellphone, unblocked, although I changed the voicemail message to omit my name. For a while I used a "Boost" pay-by-the-minute phone for my erotic adventures, but it got to be too much trouble to keep track of two phones, remember to keep them both charged (I'm a cell phone retard), keep loading minutes into the phone, etc.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    It doesn't make any difference to me which of the four a stripper means. In order to learn why she gives me her number, I would have to dial it. I always drop it in the trash instead. I have no use for stripper phone numbers, since I never try to make any plans that require phoning them. There's too high a risk that it's a total waste of my time.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    Chandler, I learned that the hard way. You're absolutely right.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Thanks, Chitown. So did I.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I guess getting a dancers phone number may not be that important. However when she has yours and starts calling you, then you may wonder what she wants. Best reasons for a dancer to call you:
    1. 90 percent, She wants money from you. Any way which way.
    2. 8 percent, She's been drinking or seems to be on something and just wanted to talk to you because you were in her phone list.
    3. 2 percent, She seems to actually like you. However even though it is a week night, she wants you to suddenly travel over a hundred miles to go visit with her and spend some time together. She's crazy. You're left wondering if this is her natural condition or if she is even sane.

• David9999
    17 years ago
    Most dancers on the high end of the attractiveness scale are major drama junkies, so if you give them a phone number either directly or by calling them unblocked, make sure its a throw-away prepaid type cell which you basically only use primarily to collect messages - that way you keep their drama fix to one minute doses. Yes, its true you generally will need to create new drama (to spice it up etc) for these girls to feed their drama addictions, but you should do it in-person with you in control.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I have only given my home number to 2 dancers. My 2 ATF's. There are only 3 people that have my cell number. Bones and my kids. It is for emergency use only. I never carry it. It stays in my truck except for special occasions. I don't even know what the number is. It is written down in my wallet.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    shadowcat,

I hope you meant the phone was only for YOUR emergency use. I first started using cells for the same purpose years ago, and I often left mine in my vehicle. The one time my wife really needed to contact me, guess what, it was in my vehicle. Lots of good it did her with it sitting in vehicle!
  • rootman
    17 years ago
    My ATF and I have each other's real cell number and we'e used it to make arrangements and even just talk a little. I trust her at this point and BTW, she's not the type to even call, much less create problems. Ask me how smart I am in a few months though.
  • jester214
    17 years ago
    I've never given my number to a dancer probably never will... If one asks, I just ask why, and I always have an answer to refute it.

I have on two occasions taken their number, once because I was pratically forced, I think I deleted it later... and the other, because she was gorgeous, smart, funny, and if I'm ever back in town I want to know if shes working so I can drop by.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I've only ever given my number to a couple of girls who I knew really well. With a couple of regulars I always wanted to check to make sure they were working before I made the long drive. I also found that when they knew I was going to be there, they kept themselves free so I never had to wait. I only ever got in trouble with a girl calling me once and that was my own dumb fault. I also got in trouble with my ATF for calling her once - she had called me from a different number and when I returned her call I called that number - she got really pissed off about it because it was a number she never gave out. That was fairly early on before we started to become friends.
  • mmdv26
    17 years ago
    In 20 years of doing this SC thing, I can only remember a few girls who ever offered to give me their number, and in every case they were promoting their sex for pay activities.

I have received or exchanged phone numbers with many dancers, but usually we have already agreed to meet OTC and the number give or exchange is a requisite for hook-up logistics.

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    What does it mean when a dancer buys you an answering machine? Shekitout helped to pick it out. He knows now but would he have been so helpful, if he had know where it was going?
  • now_starring
    17 years ago
    I am assuming it would be for business reasons(she can get money), and if I enjoyed my time with her it is convenient for me to make sure she is working that weekend. If I was in a big city with a lot of clubs I probably would not keep the number, but since the decent clubs start at 2 hour drives from where I live I figure I might as well make sure I have someone to see if I decide to travel that far, especially since I don't like driving for more than an hour.
  • luckyone
    17 years ago
    Trying to figure out "why" a Dancer does anything is kind of like reading tea leaves. People do it but I'm not sure if they really learn anything from it. The real question is "why did this particular dancer" give me her phone number. Good luck with that one too. It is pretty reasonable to think that she is hoping this will lead to more income for her, either because she is open to entertaining OTC or because she hopes you will come see her more often, partially so you can figure out what she is up to. I never ask for a dancer's number though one did give me hers the other night without being asked so I'm in that "wondering what it means" phase right now. I doubt I will call her though there probably is enough alcohol in the world for it to happen at some point. I guess I would defer to any other poster who has a large sample size of experience here. Mine is pretty limited.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    luckyone,

Like you, I never ask for a phone number. The ones I have or had were given to me without my asking. In all cases, I know why. See post above.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion