tuscl

Is anyone watching NFL football?

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
This is the final week of the regular season and this has been a good competitive season, my Giants are back in the playoffs, the games have been fun to watch most teams, and the game is as fun as ever.
Despite the injury Damer Hamlin, is on his way to recovery, and the quick reaction that saved his life shows that the NFL has made great improvements in their treatment of players.
I'm going to be rooting for the Giants as far as they can go, and my bets on the teams that will make it to Super Bowl LVI my expectations are Buffalo and Kansas City will be the teams and if I were to bet Kansas City will be the winner, in a high scoring shootout of a super bowl!

36 comments

• misterorange
    2 years ago
    That opening kickoff TD runback followed by Pat's 3 and out, I was thinking I hope it's not too much excitement for Hamlin's heart while he's on the mend. Lol
  • Ulrik79
    2 years ago
    Lions fan here so I have some skin in the game today.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Twentyfive, how much did the NFL change the playoff rules for you to think Buffalo and Kansas City will face each other in the Super Bowl? They are both in the AFC so unless I missed another rule change in addition to the possible neutral site for the AFC Championship and a possible coin flip to see who host the first round game between Baltimore and Cincinnati there is no way to have the Bills vs Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

My Super Bowl prediction is that the Bengals will beat the 49ers by 7.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    Beat me to it, whodey😂
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^^^ I know meant to say Buffalo would lose to the Bills in a high scoring game and the Chiefs would win the Super Bowl, it's not clear to me who will be their Super Bowl opponent. Sorry I got ahead of myself.
  • Vicfl
    2 years ago
    Dolphins won. Mike McDaniel's survived the sack. He is there as coach for next season?
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    25 are you drunk? Now you're saying Buffalo will lose to the Bills? Maybe it is time to focus on a hot blonde instead of football.
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    Panthers fan here we made improvements. But we are far away from being contenders. Need a new head coach, quality QB, and some help at WR. Playoffs should be interesting though I expect bills to make a deep run after Hamlin was hurt. Still the most popular sport in America! Even after all the hate it receives!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Yep I had a few nips of Johnny Black we got a bunch of damn alcoholics, being a bad influence on me, glad I’m not running the grill tonight damn I’m glad I’m at a nearby house
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    NOT TOO WASTE TIME. IT IS eagles.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    No. Kind of lost interest. Combination of my favorite team(s) being excruciatingly bad and other sports more interesting. Baseball extends into end of October then college BB and FB takeover
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    On the very good and cheery side, the Lions kicked some Packer butt right out of the playoffs.

On the down side, my wife's Dolphins win bounced my beloved Steelers....😪
  • DrStab
    2 years ago
    Loved that my Lions beat down that bitch Aaron Rodgers.

Lions are on the upswing, finally.
  • JamesSD
    2 years ago
    It was an incredibly wild regular season!
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Well, we could all use some good news. Check this out: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-gm-sa…

I gotta be honest, if it was me I don't know if I could ever play another down of football, no matter what the doctors say. But wishing him good health and a successful comeback.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    I'll comment where i want
  • stripperlover777
    a month ago
    🏈 🏈 🏈 Yeah, I'm Ready For Football, Pre Season Flew By & The Reg Season Bout' To Kick Off!
    I Pretty Much Like All Da' Teams, I Like Rootin' For Da' Under Dogs Coz They Need To Get A Superbowl Win! Everybody Wants To Wear Their Fav Teams Jersey's So Be Sure To Wear Em & Let's Hope Dat' We Win!
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    Lots of dreaming here.

Giants not going to sniff the playoffs as long as Daniel Jones is QB.
    Bills going to discover what happens when Josh Allen is going to throw to.
    Pats gonna start Drake Maye by mid-season and he's going to get killed mind body and soul behind that joke of an offensive line.
    Bengals going to collapse again behind Joe "Season Ending Injury Waiting to Happen" Burrow.
    Aaron Rodgers dies of acute ayahuasca poisoning over the bye and Jets fold again.

Ravens take a step forward as Derrick Henry remembers who he is.
    Lions look like a juggernaut with a year more seasoning in an improved offense.

Chiefs over Lions in Super Bowl as Chiefs have a Milton Berle regular season ("just pull out enough to win").
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ Might be right about DJones, it’s a long season though and I’ve been rooting for the G-Men since long before you were a twinkle in your daddy’s eye
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    ^ My team is the Browns and I know they're going to have the Brownsiest season ever with approximately a million OTs injured and a QB that hasn't berm the same since he stopped getting happy endings. At least you have 2007.
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    Hasn't been the same. The fuck is up with my autocorrect today.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    Giants have won 4 NFL championships and 4 Super Bowl
    Not 2007 they won 2008 and 2012, 1991 & 1987
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    ^ 12 years then. All we have is the schadenfreude after the Browns lost to the Broncos with The Drive and The Fumble.

On another thread you wondered why I'm so cynical. Browns fans keep low expectations. Otherwise we'd be in a mental hospital
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    I never wondered, actually don’t care very much be as cynical as you like, but post correctly if you’re going to attack me, and if you want to comment on something be sure to include the truth, I didn’t attack anyone who didn’t start with me and you know that
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    Derailing his own threads because someone he does not like comments on topic. It's not your lawn, buddy. Founder is the landlord here.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ You should shut the fuck up, puddy tat is at least coherent,? when he lies on your behalf, you on the other hand just make the perfect case for abortion after birth
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    Advocating for murder? There is no depth you are unwilling to stoop to, is there? You need to take a hard look in the mirror, friend, all your problems begin with yourself. These attacks do not hurt me, but they show everyone else how frightened you really are.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ yet you respond to everything I say, bye bye little boy I’ve got better things to do with much better people to do it with
    Ciao for now
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    I am trying to engage you and provoke you to engage in constructive conversation. Your response seems to indicate that you are fleeing from the opportunity to have that conversation. Is that because you are unwilling to have a mature conversation, or do you fear that you are unable to have a mature conversation? Everyone here would think the latter. Prove them wrong.
  • Mate27
    a month ago
    You have to play, to win the game!
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "post correctly if you’re going to attack me"

Not attacking you other than that I'd bet good money the Giants aren't making the playoffs. Calm your tits.

" I didn’t attack anyone who didn’t start with me and you know that"
    *chuckle* *snort* *giggle*
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    LOL @ puddy tat.

Seriously, I have been wondering what 25 believes I do that I am overestimating my proficiency at. The Dunning-Kruger effect is when someone who is not very good at something believes they are much better at it than they actually are. For example: the hot girl in college who was the worst lay on campus, like fucking a dead fish. We all bedded her because we wanted to see her naked, but she sucked in the sack. She would believe she was a great lay because so many men wanted her. Or Barack Obama, two terms and a fawning press, but his record of anemic economic growth, ISIS and AQ exploding overseas, unceasing domestic terror attacks, the first border crisis, etc. demonstrates what an awful POTUS he was. He only listens to the fawning press and thinks he was a great president. Those are examples of the Dunning Kruger effect.

25 has failed to do his homework again, and demonstrate his complete ignorance again by framing the Dunning Kruger effect to be a measure of intelligence and not cognitive bias wrt to personal competence. From wikipedia: "The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with limited competence in a particular domain overestimate their abilities. It was first described by Justin Kruger and David Dunning in 1999. Some researchers also include the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills. In popular culture, the Dunning–Kruger effect is often misunderstood as a claim about general overconfidence of people with low intelligence instead of specific overconfidence of people unskilled at a particular task."

In a hilarious twist of irony, 25's attempt to label others incorrectly with the D-K Effect has only illustrated how he overestimates his own below-average intelligence.

25, instead of becoming defensive and lashing out against me for pointing out your most recent rhetorical failure, you should look inwards to understand better how it is you repeatedly fail to double-check or verify something before you post. Just like all of your errors and misquotes before, you are on the internet as you make them. Just take a moment to open a second tab and verify what you want to say as true and correct. You have already told us how you are deaf, blind, and crippled with arthritis, but just ask Siri the question before you dictate a post. Your own laziness is how you keep outing your ignorance. I am just telling you this to help you.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ Isn’t it pathetic how stupid people put together a long open letter to the board trying to convince people who don’t give a fuck either way. All this posting off topic has no bearing whatsoever on my opinion, and actually makes my point more clearly than if they had just dropped it.
    You come across like a little girl, no wonder you’re r never married nor had children. Typical incel behavior.
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    It's an open letter to you. It's a shame you are too self-involved to read it. Predictably, you jump straight to insults instead of trying to debunk my illustrating your continued mistakes. Typical narcissist, you have no shame or conscience. So you know, I am going to continue speaking to you as an adult, from a position of competence and authority, even as you continue these childish attempts to feud and flame.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ Nobody cares about what a weirdo has to say.
    Your posts clearly demonstrate your ignorance as I’ve said before you are an absolute poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect.
    I’m tired of you, go bother someone else please.
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    If I am such a bother, why don't you put me on ignore? I'll tell you why: because you can't. You are so bitter, so spiteful, your life is so empty, so meaningless, that you would rather hate a stranger on the internet than do something constructive with your few remaining days on this Earth. Can you grasp that truth? How does that make you feel about yourself? You want everything to be about you, and so that's what this intervention is. I am simply holding up a mirror to help you better understand who you are. Maybe you can begin to see yourself the way we see you: an angry, bitter, impotent old liar with small penis syndrome, who would rather start endless feud on the internet than to go outside and touch grass and have some joy in life. Do that. Log off. Feel the sun. Do something that brings you.joy instead of sending hatred and harm to others.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion