tuscl

Not all strippers are dumb when it comes pricing lap dances...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:18 PM
Dancer A was working in Myrtle Beach. Charging much more for dances than she does in my favorite club. But the house was taking so much of it that she found that she could take home more at a lesser price for dances at my favorite club. So she moved here. Dancer B was working in Charleston and had the same expierence. Dancer C was working at the clubs Greenville club. She was getting more for dances but less dances. She moved to my favorite club. I hear this same senerio over and over at my favorite club from my favorite dancers. They have learned that 2 for $20 is worth more than $30 for one in the bush. They have learned that 2 for $20 will turn into 4 for $40 if they provide good service. And that can turn into even more. Beats the shit out of walking the floor for 30 minutes trying to find a customer. They also know that they have found a repeat customer. They also know that I bring them business. Just say NO to higher prices. There are plenty at the club that understand economics.

10 comments

• chitownlawyer
    16 years ago
    OTC is the practice that best exemplifies a dancer's understanding of economics, in my opinion. The dancer gets all of it, no tip out, and the customer pays for the room. A thing of beauty.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Yup, the customer paying for the room is, in itself, a remarkable trick of overhead manipulation. I've never been to a CompUSA store where they charge me the rental price of putting the store into the shopping mall.
  • Lou_Lou
    16 years ago
    You think Comp USA takes there rental expenses out of their profit. Think again, it's already built into the pricing. You pay one way or the other. Besides I never mind paying for a room with a lovely sexy lady.
  • jac10781
    16 years ago
    In CompUSA the rental/cost to do business is added to the price of all the products. A stripper could pay for the room, but then she would choose the place and pass that cost to you for her service. I tend to spend more money when the dances are cheaper. I feel I'm getting more for my money. I think it makes sense just like Shadow Cat was saying. If a dancer charges $30 she will get less dances then at $15 and she will have to do a better job of selling them. She only keeps $15 or $20 from the $30. At $15 a dancer she will keep $10 and sell more in the long and short run. I get a lot of dances if it is priced at $15 and the service is good. For some strange reason the service is better at $15 in my experiences. I never understood that. Anyway it's easier to sell someone on $10 or $15 then it would be on $30 or $40. Then means the money will keep flowing at a more predictable pace.
  • Shekitout
    16 years ago
    To chinatown lawyer: It's even better when the dancer provides her mother's place for the OTC at no charge!
  • chandler
    16 years ago
    The point that customers fail to appreciate every single time this subject comes up is that lap dances are something a stripper would rather NOT DO. Sure, if dances were priced at $10, she might make more money than if they were priced at $25, but she would have to do MORE LAP DANCES to make it. Ask a stripper if she would prefer doing 10 dances at $25 each or 26 dances at $10 each, and I bet most would choose the former.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    I prefer lap dances but Im not the norm. I know most girls dont.Look at the pink site
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    I agree with Chandler to a point - most dancers probably don't much like doing LDs for most of their customers, especially total strangers. But I think the dynamics can change if you get to know the girl really well. Which is why Shadowcat's strategy works well for him. And why I used to prefer to have a regular. The other point to keep in mind is that in many clubs you have to pay a third party for dances so the dancer has no say in the price. Or the house keeps track of how many they do and takes a cut (often half) so again she can't cut prices and make anything. I think that sort of thing has become more common than it used to be.
  • chandler
    16 years ago
    I don't think getting to know their customers makes grinding away on a balding, paunchy old dude any more appealing, but it does make it less of a gamble and more predictably profitable. The point is that each dance they do, like any other debilitating work task, carries a cost to their body and soul. Your economic formulas can't just disregard the number of dances it takes to earn a given amount.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I personally do my best to NOT be a balding paunchy old dude. I get the latest haircut: though my scalp does have less hair than it used to, so, technically, I AM indeed "balding," I consider my hair to be "good looking" rather than "old and pathetic looking." (I might be wrong. But I do my best.) I lose weight rather than gain it. Often, in fact. :) And I wear clean, expensive, professional looking, classy looking business-casual clothes, not loser-T-shirts or programmer-Polo-logo-shirts, so that I'm part of the "classy party crows" of people who (were the setting different) a girl might actually consider as an option for a long-term boyfriend. I am well groomed and shaven, I spend liberally on tips to ancillary staff (how many of you have tipped the DJ in the last month?), I don't get overly drunk -- just a LITTLE tipsy, enough that she feels like she might be able to take advantage of me. :) All of this is deliberate. It's not that I think I'm going to get to be the boyfriend of one of the dancers. That's highly unlikely. But it IS, that I take pride in myself. I don't LET my belly become "paunchy." And if I'm in a grungy mood, or if work has interfered with my workout schedule for a few months, then I at least feel like I ought to do what I can to cosmetically hide my flaws and make the most of what I got. It's just human nature, for a hot little girlie to prefer grinding on someone whom she finds pleasant, rather than on someone whom she thinks of as a bloated and irresponsible behemoth attached to a wallet. She's making the same money off both of us.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion