tuscl

Russia has crossed a line, fired missiles into Poland a NATO ally.

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 9:09 PM
I wonder what the response is going to be by NATO, now that two Russian missiles not only struck inside the Polish border, but killed two Polish citizens. If Nato doesn't respond forcefully the Russians will consider us weak, I think we need to give the Ukrainians the no fly zone they need. Let Putin worry about what we'll do not the other way around.

63 comments

• Strupviffle
    2 years ago
    Oh no, the Russians will think we're weak!

Meanwhile they would love to distract anyone from the fact that their army is losing ground and their lies becoming more and more transparent.

It is very dangerous to escalate with Russia, and while this strike is serious I am in favor of clarifying the facts and then acting, in tandem with all of the nato allies, in a measured response. No fly zone is open - that's a bit far.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    No fly zone is measured and proportional, our objective is making sure the Russian is not able to drop a missile on our allies, no fly would accomplish this, and the Russians have been threatening to attack munitions stockpiled in Poland, I don't believe this was accidental, I believe this was an attempt to find out if they could get away with this. My opinion if we don't respond forcefully to this intentional provocation, this attack on Poland was only the beginning.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Perhaps our response should be proportional to Poland’s “help” in the Desert Storm coalition.

The US provided 697,000 troops. Poland assisted with 319 medical personnel
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    So is zelensky bidens pimp or sugar baby?

Russia is denying it. Sounds like a false flag to escalate the tensions. Tonkin part 2

20fag are you telling your kids to go volunteer to fight in Ukraine? Are you volunteering?
  • TheSingularity
    2 years ago
    What a timely reference point
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    As per usual Iceefag wants nothing, but to troll, you disagree I have no problem, instead you turn this into a personal attack on me and bring my children into it. You are a nothing/ a big fat zero/ go and smoke some more meth, it's great for your heart condition.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Guess which country profits more from the manufactured wars it creates?
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ICEE wants to suck Putin's cock and take it up the ass. How great would it be for ICEE to have a myocardial infarction? Fucking great ..wait ...better than great.

After Biden sold out our allies in Afghanistan we might try supporting one.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I'm as hardline as anyone on here. I want Ukraine to keep going until every inch of territory is reclaimed, including Crimea. I want NATO to give Ukraine whatever air defenses it needs to help make this happen. I don't believe for a second that Putin would ever do something as stupid as use a nuclear or chemical device on Ukrainians - Russia would be isolated from the world and economically starved.

But let's not get worked into a tizzy over a couple of errant missiles that landed just 3 miles into Poland, one of which hit a grain processing depot, killing two farmers, and the other landing in an empty field. I don't buy the notion that the Russians would be stupid enough to view a muted response as an invitation to go after strategic NATO targets.

A true no-fly zone would have to be enforced by NATO fighters, which would put them in direct conflict with Russian troops. That seems like quite a dangerous escalation, especially when Ukraine is doing a fine job on its own in kicking the Russians' asses. What we could and should do is use this as an excuse to dramatically speed up our delivery of air defense systems to Ukraine, which would accomplish much of the same goal without directly involving NATO troops.

• gammanu95
    2 years ago
    No, no, no. We already have demented old jackass making bad national security decisions already. Just put your dentures in the efferdent and go for your nap.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Another moron making personal attacks
  • etsutwigg222
    2 years ago
    Those NATO members are nambi-pambi woke babies, so they will send a "strongly" worded letter for Putin to stop.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20fag so you wint tell your kids to fight for Ukraine
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    None of you will
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    The most mistake-prone and error-ridden poster on this site wants to try his hand at international military diplomacy. Dementia is bitch, isn't it? They were not missiles, they were rockets. Poland was not attacked, it was errant artillery. Poland is making a wise decision (because their leader is not a demented old jackass) by calling Article Four, instead of Article Five.

Ukraine is not a NATO member. Ukraine is not a NATO member because it was in a running competition with Russia to see who could have a more corrupt government. It makes sense to send arms and ammunition into Ukraine to bleed Russia dry and deplete their ability to make war. It does not make sense to put in a no-fly zone. How will that stop artillery? You know nothing about military equipment. Is Israel's Iron Dome a no-fly zone? How does putting American and other NATO pilots into harm's way for a non-ally benefit any of our national security objectives. It's a stupid idea from a stupid old fool. Almost as stupid as that disastrous pullout from Afghanistan was.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Great example of why everyone hates Icee; instead of adding to the conversation he taunts everyone.

If there's one constant about Russia, they respect strength. Investigate but don't give Putin blood in the water.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    There needs to be a full investigation before anyone does anything too extreme in response. Is it possible that Russia is intentionally testing NATO resolve with a light strike inside the Polish border? Sure, that's possible. If they're not doing that now then there's a growing chance that they will as they rack up more losses.

That said, Russian weapon systems are not tip top, they're not well maintained, and the people aiming and firing them have pretty spotty training. So, it's also very possible that this is an act of incompetence rather than intention.

But, we can expect Russia to test NATO's willingness to escalate. Some of those tests might be incredibly reckless.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I agree with Ish that there should be a full investigation before any response. I agree that poor maintenance and training are the most likely reason Russian missiles and artillery could stray miles away from targets inside Ukraine.

I disagree that they would test NATO's resolve or NATO's response to an escalation. If Russia were succeeding in their invasion of Ukraine and eyeballing further expansion beyond the former Ukraine's borders, then it would make sense. If the invasion were even stalemated, and Russia was considering flanking Ukraine from Kaliningrad through Poland, then maybe that would also make sense. But Russia is losing. Even China has told Russia not to escalate to WMDs.

There is only the most minutely plausible explanation that this was anything other than a weapons malfunction: Putin wants to draw in NATO. He may, in his lunatic frame of mind, think that it would somehow benefit him or Russia to invite an attack by NATO. He may be able to draw anti-NATO sanctions from the UN, or invoke mutual defense agreements with China, or maybe even just draw together and unite Russians in defense of the motherland. But that is all conjecture, and fringe, ccomic-book conjecture at that. If Putin is really that far gone, then mankind is facing existential peril.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    We need to send Russia's ambassador back to Moscow and withdraw our diplomatic staff from Russia. Tell them when they surrender to Ukraine they are welcome back.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's very easy to sit back and support a war on a strip club forum. A war in a country most Americans can't even find on a.map and don't care about. One you will never be the one to die in. Where were you 8 years ago when the Ukrainian goes onslaught against its own people started?

I take it you oppose all wars of aggression and protested the wars the US started
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^You aren't an American so don't speak for us. Anyone who played risk as a child knows where the Ukraine is without a map. I don't like the Ukrainian people and don't care about them now, any more than I did 8 years ago, or historically since they sided with the nazi, so damn you are fucking stupid. Russia is our enemy, so I support Ukraine. Only a fucking retarded homo like you wouldn't get that.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    So you agree about rooting out tye nazi and neonazi elements in Ukraine

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    I agree that you dying would make for wonderful dinner conversation.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    This conversation is about an intentional provocation by the Russians against a NATO ally, letting a moron like Iceefag steer this down a rabbit hole is his agenda, that's not my thread, Iceefag go troll someplace else, you're a loser and a zero. GYFOH
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    I agree this doesn’t need to escalate into WW3 but NATO cannot let it slide. No boots on the ground but give Ukraine the weapons to drive Putin back
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Ukraine is taking foreign volunteers. Hurry up 20fag take your whole family to Ukraine to fight the Russians
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I have no idea what he is writing, since he's been on ignore since his first post, but if he's doing that good job of pissing people of on this thread, then go icee go. Or go fuck yourself you pencil-dick incel. Whichever elicits a longer and more distracting response.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Have a heart attack Icee. Dying alone is your fate.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    If the pathetic performance of Russia's ground troops is any indication, I doubt their nuclear program is very effective. That shit costs more to maintain than to build it.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    They have thousands of nukes. Only 1 needs to work to take us down a road we might not recover from.

They launched 75-85 cruise missiles last night from what I read this morning. If two of those missed and hit a field and a grain press in Poland, yeah that might be a mistake. Or might not. It deserves some investigation and analysis before the US does something that would have ramifications for our allies and the world. Reports are also that Biden’s meeting with Xi went well. Time to isolate Russia and add to its defeats by supporting Ukraine, not joining the war.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    China Donnie will be flying over to Moscow tomorrow to suck Putin's cock.

Just how a beta cuck maintains a subservient position to his master. Indict this piece of this already!
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "But let's not get worked into a tizzy over a couple of errant missiles that landed just 3 miles into Poland, one of which hit a grain processing depot, killing two farmers, and the other landing in an empty field. I don't buy the notion that the Russians would be stupid enough to view a muted response as an invitation to go after strategic NATO targets."

At the very least, the U.S. should fire a Tomahawk from a nuclear sub and everyone knows there is always a couple patrolling the Baltic Sea.

Not sure what the target should be, but my pick would be a troll farm in St. Petersburg that spreads a lot of propaganda for China Donnie. Teach all those fascist fucks who runs the world!
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "Reports are also that Biden’s meeting with Xi went well. Time to isolate Russia and add to its defeats by supporting Ukraine, not joining the war."

I honestly don't know why Mighty Joe and Xi can't cook up a tasty takeover of Russia and split the country 50/50. We could both use the vast natural resources like trillions of barrels of crude, natural gas and timber, and the Russian people are sick of being controlled by a dipshit KGB asshole like Putin who will only drag them into a Soviet wet dream that is no longer possible in the 21st century.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    The Russian speakers and the Ukrainian speakers in the Ukraine will never manage to get along with each other in the same country. The Russian speakers got a president elected but he was overthrown in a coup in 2014 with U.S. support. The eastern part of the country tried to secede, but the new Ukrainian government started bombing the Donbas. After several years of that Putin stepped in on the Russian speaking side. The best thing to do is work for a partition of the country.

Wars will never end until people start seeing others as individuals and fellow human beings, not as members of a group they hate and think of as an enemy. I'm an optimist and think someday that will happen. When it does, the human race will rapidly advance because they will be putting their time to productive uses instead of fighting with each other.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Latest report is that the missile that hit Poland was likely Ukrainian, launched as part of its defense of the Russian attack. There’s what a little investigation will get you.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    ^why we need smart, cautious people in charge of our armed forces
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    A Ukrainian missile killed poles in Poland? Well, per the OP, we better get NATO in there to obliterate the Ukrainian bastards who perpetrated this dastardly sneak attack!

Seriously, are you ever tired of being wrong all the time?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Try reading my post and responding to that, instead of initiating gratuitous personal attacks.

For the record I'm glad they are taking the time to get it right, in the meantime, the Russians bear quite a bit of the responsibility for this even if it turns out the Ukrainian's are responsible for this tragedy, if they weren't launching hundreds of missiles, the Ukraine wouldn't be in the position of needing to use this type of defense systems, and if the Russians hadn't initiated hostilities there wouldn't be this needless conflict.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Incidentally, the report is the missile was likely Russian made but fired by the Ukrainians. The evidence can be misleading and war is chaotic.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Wars are expensive and their outcomes uncertain.

Queen Elizabeth I

(Sorry - now I feel a little douchey like the guy who always post obscure quotes)
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Investigation or cover-up due to impotence of the Federal Government?
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "Wars will never end until people start seeing others as individuals and fellow human beings, not as members of a group they hate and think of as an enemy"

Wars are fought because powerful nations crave territory and the resources it holds. China will be the next world aggressor because they have 1.4 billion people and a lot of them are becoming middle class and desire two acres and a picket fence. The USA would most likely invade Canada if we ever reached 1 billion citizens who all want a comfy middle class life.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20fag be like. Well ukeaine fired rockets into Poland to provoke ww3 but uts russian fault and we still need to invade russia 🤡🤡🤡🤡
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^Frenulum.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Iceefag be like how stupid do I need to be, to prove I’m the biggest zero ever.
  • Meshuggah
    2 years ago
    Hold on... reports now maybe the Ukraine sent it. oops.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's a ukrainian false flag to provoke ww3.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Opposing ww3 is an unpopular view here though
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^vagina.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    You are wrong again. More like still wrong, since it never ends with you. Wrong as usual, wrong as always. Hypocritical as ever. Why are you upset that WW3 is delayed? Why aren't you calling for NATO to invade Ukraine under Article 5 of the mutual defense treaty? Why does Ukraine get a pass but not Russia? Liberal logic like that was best explained by Ronald Reagan.

:It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so."

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    Article 4 also applies here, not just article 5. There is also wording in Article 5 about an "attack" and an "attack" requires an intent to attack. I see no gross negligence exception.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Conversely there is no evidence of intent from Russia to target Poland, or cause Ukrainian missiles to create collateral damage in Poland.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's a ukrainian false flas. But enough for biden to give his pimp zelensky another 37 billion
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^stupid comment by a stupid little "man".
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "enough for biden to give his pimp zelensky another 37 billion"

How much did China Donnie give the Saudis to hire hijackers to attack us on 9/11 ??
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^How many times do you need to prove you are a semen stain on the carpet?
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    Shut up, Ski-Fagg. Everybody mocks you in here.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^ You spelled Fag wrong stupid.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ It's Trucidos. All the written tells are there.

He uses "fagg" (too stupid to spell a 3-letter word) and "cunt" as insults. Not realizing we're here because we _love_ cunt.

Do not expect to engage him in good faith.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tetraplop that's a bizarre and unsubstantiated comment 🤡

You're all dumb bitches

Zelensky fired rockets into Poland and blamed yhe Russians hoping to start ww3. He's a psycho who is only in power coz biden is propping him up in his proxy war against Russia
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Frenulum
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Icee proving to be an anal wart once again. Siding with the Russians like a typical low life woman abuser. Have a heart attack shithead.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Lil monkey even on the conspiracy subreddit they post a range of different possibilities for current events. You’re going around posting your personal narrative as if its confirmed fact 🤡
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion