tuscl

Great Balls of Fire

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Saturday, October 29, 2022 9:18 AM
We've lost another one, Jerry Lee Lewis one of the last of the original Rock and Rollers passed away yesterday at the age of 87, Damn fellas any of y'all ever see him on stage, what a great performer he was. R.I.P. Jerry Lee Lewis

24 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Jerry did like 'em young though !
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    RIP Jerry Lee Lewis. Sad to hear of his passing. I never saw him perform live, only on TV. He definitely put on an energetic show.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    His genius was his ability to copy the styles of black Boogy-Woogy, Country, and of all things, white Pentecostal preachers, and merge them into a unique kind of music
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    He liked em young too.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    for whatever reason i thought this guy died over 10 years ago. so i was real surprised that he made it all the way to 87 up until yesterday. there was a story where he drove over to elvis presley's residence and was denied entrance by the security guard for carrying a firearm. what would have happened if he was let in?
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    not only did he like them real young but he also liked them to be real close to family as much as possible.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    At the end of the day the man was a brilliant showman, and his music was very cutting edge at the time. May your soul rest in peace Jerry.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    If you haven't seen it, Mike Judges Tales from the Tour Bus is a good series. Season 1 episode 2 is all about Jerry Lee Lewis. [view link]
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Not only was Jerry Lee Lewis jealous of the success of Elvis, he blamed Elvis for a shift from the roots of “real” rock n roll He hated that Elvis moved away from Rockabilly and hard core rock and roll to ballads and main stream pop, allowing acts like Bobby Vinton and Frankie Valli to gain an audience
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    He’s also a cousin of Jimmy Swaggart I forget - were Jimmy’s ho’s also young?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Jimmy Swaggart was also cousin to Mickey Gilley another country Rock a Billy star.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    It's been said that nobody wanted to follow him on stage, including Elvis. He was a hard act to follow.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    "or whatever reason i thought this guy died over 10 years ago" Mandela Syndrome. I don't care enough about golden oldies to comment on Jerry Lee Lewis, but Mandela Syndrome is pretty fuckin fascinating.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    somebody said that he liked them young.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Let that fucker rot in Hell like he deserves. Sure he was talented and ushered in the age of rock n roll, but it doesn't make up for all of the fucked up things he did in his life. Got the nickname "The Killer" after trying to strangle a teacher while in high school. His main source of money before his deal with Sun Records was a long string of petty thefts. Committed bigamy by being married to 2 different women at the same time on two separate occasions. (Married 2nd wife while still married to 1st wife and married 3rd wife while still married to 2nd wife) Seduced and married his cousin who was 13 at the time. He had another woman who was old enough go with him to fraudulently apply for the marriage license and then picked up the 13 year old from school, got married to her and them dropped her back home without telling her parents for weeks. Had multiple wives divorce him due to serious and repeated physical abuse. Had 2 wives die unexpectedly including one that he was suspected of killing (but never arrested for) and the other was suspected of committing suicide due to his physical and emotionalabuse.. Fled the country for years to avoid prosecution for tax fraud after repeatedly having property seized by the IRS for tax evasion. Shot his bassist in the chest while drunk and shooting at beer bottles in a hotel room. Crashed his car into the gate at Graceland and got out drunk and brandishing a gun telling the security guards to let Elvis know that "the Killer is here."
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yeah all those old school original southern rocker types are pretty much gone. I love putting on great balls of fire
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I've never heard anything by Jerry Lee Lewis or any other fifties song in a strip club. I almost never hear a sixties one either. I was surprised one time when James Brown started playing. The biggest sixties band was the Beatles and I've only heard them three times in a strip club. It's not really until you get to the seventies that you start hearing earlier music. Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin are the seventies groups I hear most frequently in strip clubs. I've run into several strippers who like Stevie Nicks and know about Fleetwood Mac.
  • Lockjaw
    2 years ago
    Ric Flair once said his famous catchphrase was taken from Jerry Lee Lewis's Great Balls of Fire. Wooo!
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lots of old school guys in this jam. [view link]
  • WiseToo
    2 years ago
    Strippers should showcase their talents by dancing to "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" in remembrance of Jerry Lee Lewis. Shake it baby, shake.. Shake it baby,shake!
  • Bharlem
    2 years ago
    Just as R.Kelly so good riddance
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Jerry lee lewis refused to shake Jimmy hendrix s hand coz he wasn't white. You guys are right. Not many like him anymore.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Mohammed had a nine year old wife.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Mohammad was a pedophile too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion