tuscl

Hurricane Hustles

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Thursday, September 29, 2022 6:13 PM
My phone has pinged more than normal with OTC meetup requests since late last night. This is not doubt due to Hurricane Ian. The good news is it looks like we're avoiding the worst of the impacts here in NE FL. The bad news is that schools have been closed since Wednesday and the weather is still bad enough (constant rains, wind gusts at 40+ mph) to keep most people home. I was out Tuesday night and the clubs were lightly attended, with many people no doubt preparing for the storm. I can't imagine that many girls made much money. I'm sure that last night was even worse as the storm started to roll in. If the clubs open at all today, which I've been told that they will, I'm guessing that it will also be bad. And that is only for the girls who have been able to go to work at all. With all the schools suddenly canceled a lot of dayshift girls were left short of childcare options. Some nightshift girls missed work too either preparing for the storm or because the people helping them with childcare became unavailable. So here we are now on Thursday, with another lost earnings day hitting the books and the 1st of the month almost here. I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of anyone's misfortunes, but I won't lie and say that I'm completely unhappy about the situation. I'd feel much different if people were losing their homes and power and were otherwise being forced into refugee conditions, but that's not the case here. We are in this weird situation where the threat of the storm was bad enough to close schools and most businesses, but the reality of it, while still messy enough to keep most people home, is much less damaging than expected in this part of FL. It will be interesting to see how the next few days play out around here.

7 comments

• Dolfan
    2 years ago
    That's about the same as we've got around here in southeast FL. Lots of messages from girls ranging from come see me at the club to can I come see you. Didn't make it in to a club yet, but did have a trailer residing transplant dancer over on Tuesday night. It was her first hurricane and she was absolutely terrified. It was next to impossible to not laugh.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Looks like it’s comparable to a snowstorm hitting in colder environments. A timely weather event makes people who don’t plan ahead for these events become more urgent in their needs being full filled when the storm arrives. Whatever you do, tip them an extra 5% if they put forth some effort. Nobody should be gouged during this time of crisis. I can see a stripper calling into the hotline to report a PL customer lie balking her for an otc arrangement.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    “Lie balking” should have been low balling, in jest. Damn autocorrect.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Dickrugan is back?
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Similar happens when there's any significant ("significant" to a southerner, anyway) amount of snow around here.
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    You shouldn't have any guilt for partaking. If a dancer needs money and is willing to provide a service in exchange for it then you're helping her.
  • tuskular
    2 years ago
    Jeez y'all, stay safe.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion