One of the great voices from the 60’s folk movement

https://youtu.be/wsIbfYEizLk

9 comments

• FishHawk
    2 years ago
    She did have anawesome voice.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    No idea who she was - although I'm familiar w/ certain acts from the 60s this was b/f my time
  • Chili Palmer
    2 years ago
    Papi: Don't worry about it. I literally grew up on the lot @ A&M Records during that era, and I had to look her up. She sang "Georgy Girl" for The Seekers.

Kinda overstating to say she was "one of the great voices" of that era, but, hey that's TUSCL in a nutshell.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    I know the song "Georgy Girl" "Hey there Georgy Girl" but didn't know who she was either.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I'm old enough to remember when "Georgy Girl" was being played all the time. Many of those 60s musical artists from my childhood should be passing away in the next few years. The biggest name from the 60s folk movement and the one that will get the most attention when he passes away will be Bob Dylan. I heard a story recently that when the boxer Mike Tyson met Dylan he had no idea who he was but came away quite impressed by him after having a conversation with him.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    Inquiring minds want to know: Did Tyson talk Dylan's ear off or bite it off?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    The only familiarity I have with this song is the Lynn Redgrave movie by the same name, I heard the song played but don't think I saw the movie, don't know who the group is nor the singer, my guess is she's in that age group, late seventies early eighties, it's close to their time, seems like she lived a good life . According to her Bio she was Australian.
    R.I.P. Judy Denham
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    A friend told me The Beach Boys were on one of the morning shows last week and were just awful.

Not sure why they’re still performing unless they didn’t handle their money well

Gene Simmons says he’s done at 73 after the KISS tour ends this month.

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    Check out more recent videos of her, because 50 years after the clip attached to this thread, her voice remained pure gold. Very few singers keep the same voice forever, but she is one. Other than the lead singer of the tokens, no one kept the same voice better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion