tuscl

New Format -- Page Layout

dennyspade
Illinois
Monday, December 31, 2007 2:14 AM
It's a clean look; however the font size for some of us "aging geezers" can be challenging. I sense that Founder has tried to place a lot of information at the reader's disposal on one single page and you should be able to navigate much better. Of course, change is always much more difficult at first. I guess this will take a little getting used to. Your thoughts ?

21 comments

• bigdawg_1
    17 years ago
    IMHO I like the old format better. Even with reading glasses, I am having trouble with the font.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    I doubt if I will be able to get used to it. The font size is much too small. I agreee with bigdawg.....the old format was better.
  • pop
    17 years ago
    In firefox you can change the font size by holding the ctrl key and turning the scroll wheel on your mouse. Explorer may do the same thing. Once you increase font size it looks pretty good.
  • founder
    17 years ago
    sorry about the font guys, but what pop says is true. You can change your font in most browsers. In IE7, it's in the bottom right corner. The format change was made because I need to get more screen area for some really neat features which are coming soon. Happy 2008!
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    founder, thanks -- that's better!
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    founder - Happy 2008! Good job, as always.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I'm also using firefox. No font problems. why aren't you?
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I'm just using MSN but there's a 100% thingy in the bottom right hand corner which is easily changed - set it at 125% and it looks just like it used to. But I don't need to do that because I have no trouble reading the smaller font - guess I'm much younger than you geezers.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    Hey Guys: I followed the suggestions and now I can READ !!! Thanks!
  • wondergrl5
    17 years ago
    ok how do I change the font?
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Your browser's settings have a "view" by font-size option somewhere. It's not about TUSCL, it's about Firefox / Explorer / Netscape.
  • wondergrl5
    17 years ago
    ok got it. cool :)
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    The font is way too small...when I try to increase it in my IE browswer, the IM and blog icons get moved over in a weird way too. I guess I'll wait to see what new features are going to go in the extra space over on the right-side of the screen before I permanently pass judgement on it. I like the IM and blog features so far...pretty neat...thanx...
  • Slothrop
    17 years ago
    The font is so small I'm having to squint to read it. Could you please provide a free magnifying glass? Thanks.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    You can click on view, then text size, then increase the text size. It's another step after logging in but I do that as well already. I'm using an older version of Firefox since the new version doesn't work on my pc and don't like using IE for other reasons. It's 3 extra clicks for me but I'll wait and see what's coming. The text change was too small for my preferences as well. I don't like to strain to read and I don't like sitting right next to the screen.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'd rather have the same font size as originally and just have another screen for additional features. I usually skip past the first screen anyway without even noticing what's on it.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Agreed: new font is too small. CAN be finagled by intelligent user obsessive setting control, but would be better if fixed by Founder in the first place. Otherwise, what a great site! Thanks for all the work! Wooh-hooh GO founder GO founder GO founder YEAH! :)
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Is the font fixed now? I didn't have to readjust it today.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    If it's fixed, Thanks Founder. I might mention the text at the top right of the screen is a bit hard to read with dark blue against black but I don't use that stuff much anyway and can still see it to log off.
  • founder
    16 years ago
    both the font size and color have been fixed. thanks for the input guys
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    This is the first time that I've been on TUSCL for a week or so. So far, I really like the new format. Excellent job, Founder! I'm looking forward to checking out the new options that I am now seeing, such as the private messages... if it's what I think it is, that will be AWESOME!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion