tuscl

New Account Purgatory

MontanaMarty
On the interstate
Friday, July 1, 2022 4:20 AM
I tried to make an alternate account, recently found you cannot make new threads without contributing to articles, reviews or membership in some manner. I’m not sure of how long it lasts but it looks as though founder has made some changes. All the new user questions are no more.

20 comments

• rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Why the fuck would you be trying to make a new account when you haven't even contributed shit under this one? I have no idea how true this is or not, but it sounds like a pretty good change to me if it's true.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I too would welcome this change. And thanks for letting us know you're a multiple screen name troll.
  • MontanaMarty
    2 years ago
    Hey I was the guy who single handedly led a protest to save Follies. I camped out for weeks. And I've been a long time paying VIP member hence why I can post this thread. It seems a lot of fake reviews are going through to gain VIP credit in order to troll.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Cacaplop be like....
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Frenulum
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    If this is true, it's good news! The more trolls have to invest their time and money before posting, the more they'll think twice before trolling. Nice work founder!
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Us troll got to up our game 🤪🤔🧐
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Git er done Marty
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    For what benign reason would someone want a sock puppet? Can't think of any.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ some people use them to say assanign things without risking their reputation, they think. Sock puppeting is rarely benign. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Exhibit A!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    TheeOSU never was a real person. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Are you going to dance around my offer to meet you? I will prove I am real, meet me and see who is right you PUNK!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I protect my f2f life. I only shotgun trolls if I have no other choice. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    You won't have a choice, see you soon PUNK! Now I am done with you for tonight, I have things to do besides watch your online dance.
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Band da lazy trollz we only want hard working trolls here. I da kang of da trollz!
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Yep I just verified this. I created a test account, and tried to post a comment on this thread. I got a popup that said "you are in quarantine. Verify your account, write a review or post an article." Nothing will stop a truly dedicated troll, but these extra steps will reduce trolling by making the lazy troll give up bc he doesn't want to deal with getting a review approved, sending in a photo, etc., and by giving the more dedicated troll pause because he doesn't want to go through the trouble again if he gets banned. Next stops (imo) ... * browser fingerprinting: makes it easier to identify single users posting to multiple accounts and to permanently ban the worst offenders, but I bet founder won't tell us when this lands, he'll just quietly deny access and the trolls will just pack up and head to r/stripper or whatever * the holy grail: 50+ ignores and automatic quarantine/suspension/something, bc if you've pissed off that many people on ultra tolerant tuscl you need to seriously consider your life choices * extra credit: automatically translate the most annoying trolls' posts to pig latin for a few days to fuck with them before banishing Feature request: can we call the Quarantine the Ignore Zone?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ Founder had said something about this. He is trying to contain the number of trolls. SJG The Pretenders - My City Was Gone - Chicago School of Rock [view link] [view link]
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @mac: you’re not a troll. You are weird as fuck yet impressively dedicated to pretending you are an automobile and not a guy who goes to strip clubs, without a doubt. But you’re funny and don’t attack people or say shit just to wind them up. Definitely not a troll in my book. You are welcome to dump a load in my (neighbor’s) basement anytime. Dump on, my dumper!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ Drew, you're not a troll either. SJG The Pretenders - Hard Rock - 1998 ( quite good and they added a keyboardist) [view link] Weekend Newshour [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion