tuscl

This Just In... UCLA & USC Moving To The Big 10

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Where the heck did this come from?

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-usc-ucl…

Way to go PAC 12. When the Big 12 wanted to team up the Pac pushed them away. The PAC cozies up to the Big 10 and then the Big 10 steals their two most popular teams. In the meantime the Big 12 has found their replacements. Even though it could have been a logistical nightmare how awesome would a Pac 12 / Big 12 league have been?

On the other hand the Big 10 certainly did the best they could of trying to keep up with the SEC. It's a shame USC and UCLA have been pretty irrelevant in the past decade (save a few good seasons of UCLA basketball). Still, USC is going to have to travel to Maryland and New Jersey to play a game? Wow...

15 comments

• TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    That's surprising to say the least.
    I saw the topic title and initially thought this was a joke.
    BTW the Big 10 has to work on their math. They were already at 14 teams and will be 16 when this goes into effect, are they shooting for Big 20?
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I think they just want to match the SEC at 16
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Your right that travel is gonna be crazy
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    The rumor is the B1G and SEC want to get to 20 teams each, break off from the NCAA and make their own rules.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    This is just the first domino to fall. I work with a guy who has family in the big ten office. They’re not done. The PAC 12 is done. Washington Oregon Oregon State to follow. Arizona Az State to big 12 to replace Texas Oklahoma
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    This has to be a big “oh shit” moment for Notre Dame

They should have joined the Big 10 when the had the chance. They can’t stay independent
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I get it - it’s all about the money… and apparently everyone is willing to give up 100 year old rivalries…

I just wonder what are some of these teams thinking? Hey USC and UCLA you can’t even win in the PAC, how are you going to win in the BIG10? Same goes with Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma essentially had a guaranteed spot in the playoffs if they won the Big12. No way they have that consistent success in the SEC.

I see the most realistic thing being the Big10 and Big12 poaching the rest of the PAC. As long as Norte Dame has that big ass NBC contract they will remain an independent, but if they’re going to go somewhere the natural fit is the Big10.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Go BUCKS!

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    The last thing I will consider doing this year is watching college sports. They are just a minor league professional league now. Might as well watch pro sports.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I was traveling for work so spent the night in a hotel watching the Big Ten. They had a lot of interesting takes. The NBC contract with Notre Dame only pays about $15 million per year. The big ten tv contact is expected to be over a Billion dollars so ND could do way better with the big 10

The big ten will now be in the top 4 TV markets

New York
    Los Angeles
    Chicago
    Philadelphia (if you put Penn State in Philly)

They can’t beat the SEC on the field so they’re gonna win financially
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Wow Big 10 grabs Norte Dame and Oregon? Maybe Stanford? Nobody is talking about Stanford and they should be. If I was the Big 10 I’d take Stanford over Washington. L. There’s also talk about Bog 10 going after Kansas but I doubt that. There’s bigger fish out there and their football program is horrible. Them and K-State are the only 2 teams in the Big 12 that fit the Big 10 academic requirements. Plenty of the PAC teams do.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'They can’t beat the SEC on the field so they’re gonna win financially'

Hold on a minute, yeah the sec is considered the top conference and often backs it up but without looking it up for the details I recall a bowl season a few years back when the Big 10 was something like 6-1 over the sec teams.
    the one loss was that weaselly team from that m state.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's stupid. The complete corporatization of college sports.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Icee,

Yeah I agree with what you said. But the genie out of the bottle and no going back.

There’s gonna be two super conferences and they’ll break away from the NCAA. Hopefully they don’t have some of the same stupid rules the NCAA has
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I actually stopped following most sports after seeing athletes act up in strip clubs and clubs.

Its all just about money now anyways
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion