tuscl

OT I guess Hell recalled one of its angels

Thursday, June 30, 2022 9:15 PM
Didn't hear much about it but Sonny Barger passed yesterday. I wonder if they will play this Grateful Dead song at his funeral? [view link] [view link]

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    He died at 83 - lived a long life for someone that seemingly raised a lot of hell
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    My oldest brother was more than 10 years older than me. Altamont happened near my hometown and my brother spent some time partying with some guys in the club so he was there when Altamont happened. My bother passed a few years ago but he took stories about the club to his grave without revealing some things he knew about the murder of one of his HA friends. He didn't make the best decisions early in his life but turned it around 30 years before he passed.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    pop quiz: name the rolling stones song that was being played while that guy got knifed by a hells angel member?
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Sympathy for the devil? I was probably watching cartoons when Altamont happened.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I first heard of him when I came across Hunter Thompson's book, 'Hells Angels. a Strange and Terrible saga'
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I didn't mean to post that quick.. That was when I was a kid and needless to say It left a lifelong impression on me. RIP Sonny
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Google says: “ Mick Jagger was performing “Under My Thumb.” Unaware that someone had died, the Rolling Stones completed their set without further incident, bringing an end to a tumultuous day that also saw three accidental deaths and four live births.”
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Interesting. I had always heard “Sympathy for the Devil” According to a historical account, fighting broke out when Sympathy for the Devil began, then a few songs until the death while “Under My Thumb” was being played
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Here's the answer. [view link]
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I recommend this book highly: [view link] .
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Barger made 3 guest appearances on “Sons of Anarchy” SOA creator Kurt Sutter spent time with Barger and the Hell’s Angels researching background for the show. it’s been said SOA was loosely based on the HA great show - it’s greatest accomplishment was making the audience sympathetic for a murderous band of outlaws
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion