tuscl

Cost of July 4th Cookout up $10 from last year (17%)

According to the Farm Bureau
https://www.fb.org/newsroom/cost-of-july…

Biden bragged last 4th of July about how he saved you 16 cents.

No official report from the Bureau of Strippers on the rising cost lap dances.

19 comments

• Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Yeah, Biden's tweet aged worse than milk.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Things are going so badly for Biden and the Democrats. I think this will eventually completely discredit them and their philosophy of big government and centralized planning in the eyes of the voters and we will adopt a smaller government and more decentralized decision making. The Democrats will try to say the problem is just not the right people are running things and make Biden the scapegoat but it's really a policy problem, not a personnel problem, and the voters know that.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's more than $10. A trip to the store just for basic things used to be like $20 now it's $50.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Frenulum
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... Things are going so badly for Biden and the Democrats. I think this will eventually completely discredit them and their philosophy of big government and centralized planning ..."

Things will go especially bad when most of the cabinet assembled are either ideologues or people whose main accomplishment is being able to check some kind of box (or multiple boxes) - but yeah big-brother Federal government has become way too big a beast and many of these federal agencies have become little totalitarians
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    That 17% in the title is likely closer to the true CPI
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    holy fuck - thanks Brandon:

"Stock Market Sees Worst First Half Of The Year Since 1970"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/stock-mar…
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Filling up my propane tank cost me twice as much as last year, from $10 to $20 just so I can heat my grill. I definitely won’t be traveling this year. Luckily I have my family under my house to keep me busy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... According to the Atlanta Fed's GDPNow model estimate for real GDP, growth in the second quarter of 2022 has been cut to a contractionary -1.0%, down from 0.0% on June 15, down from +0.9% on June 6, down from 1.3% on June 1, and down from 1.9% on May 27 ..."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/welcom…
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    The fed will have to pivot fro it’s rate like stance later this year. They’re really stuck in an uncompromising position, fucked no matter what they do. That’s ok for guys like me still working and needing to purchase items at a lower price point.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "Multiple Cities Delay Fourth Of July Fireworks Shows Due To Supply Chain Issues"

Several cities across the United States are delaying or canceling Fourth of July fireworks shows due to widespread supply chain issues, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

The city of Ottawa, Kansas, is rescheduling its show for the day before Labor Day because the fireworks ordered in February are stranded in a ship bound from China. “We hate to break tradition,” Tiffany Evans, who co-chairs the city’s festival, told the outlet. “Even though it’s out of our control, it feels like we’re letting the community down.”

COVID lockdowns closed manufacturing facilities and logistics hubs across the world as the virus began to spread. By the end of 2021, hundreds of shipping vessels carrying thousands of containers were stranded off the California coast as the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach struggled to keep up with demand. Persistent lockdowns in China and other Asian economies continue to limit the availability of consumer goods in the United States — a factor behind rising inflationary pressures.

Phoenix, Arizona, canceled its shows altogether due to a lack of fireworks, while Minneapolis, Minnesota, nixed its celebration because there were not enough workers to secure the site from which the fireworks were supposed to launch.

Some cities are keeping their shows during the holiday weekend, yet rescheduling from the Fourth of July because of a deficit of people available to run the pyrotechnics. Fairfax, Virginia, is delaying its show by one day, while Fountain Hills, Arizona, will run its display on the first of the month.

“A lot of these shooters, they could be doctors or dentists by day, and for two days a year they’re a pyrotechnician who’s shooting a firework show,” National Fireworks Association President Steve Houser told The Wall Street Journal, noting that many people avoid getting their licenses because of “hassle” involved with professional training and clearances with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

Though the agency does not regulate consumer fireworks, federal law requires that any person receiving “display fireworks” must obtain an explosives license or permit “for the specific activity.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/multiple-…
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    Awww, boomers are too broke to afford a 4th of July picnic. I guess us Gen z will have to do our own thing and buy ourselves burgers and dogs for our grills
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    Avacado toast for everyone on the 4th. Happy 4th of July everyone
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "I guess us Gen z will have to do our own thing and buy ourselves burgers and dogs for our grills"

Burgers and dogs for a July 4th cookout? Maybe when you're all grown up you'll learn to cook and eat like a grown man.

Around here we make those mostly for the kids. This Gen Xer's grill is gonna' have bone-in ribeye steaks rubbed with my favorite course seasoning, sweet and hot Italian sausages with peppers and onions and marinated chicken.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I'm gonna make ribs and bacon wrapped andouille sausages.

• 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    You should try avacado toast if you want to be an adult Rick
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ^ On the 4th of July? I'm hosting a cookout including healthy grown men and women, not a light snack at the senior ladies auxiliary.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    "It's more than $10. A trip to the store just for basic things used to be like $20 now it's $50."

One of those extremely rare cases where I agree with Icee. I did spend over $50 the other day, and it was a single bag of stuff. Don't remember exactly what I bought but it was nothing fancy. A couple cleaning products, maybe 1-1/2 lbs of cold cuts, a loaf of bread, a bag of salad - shit like that.

I've never paid much attention to individual prices at the grocery store, but when they ring up the total it seems like double what it used to be.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Yeah on the 4th. It's a lot of food. Plus sides.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion