Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Season 2 of P-valley starts today on STARZ

shadowcat
shadowcatVIP63065448

Atlanta suburb

4 yrs ago · 1 min read

This is a series about black strippers in MS. Parts of it were filmed in Atlanta's Vivide.

Story and trailer:

Replies (10)Latest

W
wallanon
•

Has anybody in the TUSCL crowd seen this show? Is it any good? The article says it's a hit.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

I watched the first episode of season 1. I did not like it but I am white.

Profile picture for Jascoi
Jascoi
•

Seems to be a bit misleading if they're filming some of it in Georgia. Unless there's a 'Mississippi' in Atlanta, it's going to be kind of fictional?

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

The series is made at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta. Georgia is now the #1 state in movie productions. Trilith Studios, the largest in GA is just 6 miles from my house. Fuck Stacy Abrams.

Profile picture for Goodclubrep
Goodclubrep
•

Remember, it's all "Hollywood". The opening sequence of the dancer doing really good pole work who walks out after her stage set was shot in a MS club. Is that authentic enough for you?

Profile picture for Goodclubrep
Goodclubrep
•

Forgot to mention she's also a local, not one of the actors. Yes, she's that fine!

W
wallanon
•

I don't anything about the show other than what was in the article and interview with the showrunner, but it sounds like a scripted series not a "reality" series. It's pretty common to sub locations in shows and movies, which you guys already know.

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

The few time I tried to watch it was basically unwatchable, it's a poorly written, stupid premise that lacks any discernable plot.

Profile picture for Goodclubrep
Goodclubrep
•

@twentyfive and @Wallanon, agreed. It's not a reality type show, more of a drama, about as bad as a Lifetime show. I compare the writing to 9th grade drama club and the over acting to COPS.

Profile picture for Player11
Player11
•

I watched some of first season. Will take look at second season.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement