tuscl

Las Vegas & Atlantic City

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
In years past I used to go to AC often, it was less than a 3 hour drive from my home in Queens, but I never drove to Las Vegas, the thought of driving through the desert wasn't appealing, so we often took a gamblers freebie from Newark to LV, now in bothe destinations if you were a gambler with decent credit most everything would be comped, beaning as long as you spent a certain amount of time gambling at a certain level the trip, meals and the room was a freebie, I no longer see anything like this except for the Bahamas and The Dominican Republic now, but lately I have received some enticing offers from the cruise lines, like Princess and Royal Caribbean, do any of you get offers like this and where from.

2 comments

• Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    The deals are still there for the real high rollers, but they’ve gone away for guys like me who gamble at the $10-$25 blackjack tables. There’s a lot of demand for Vegas with the relaxation of mask rules and a lot of savings from covid stimulus combined with travel restrictions the last couple of years. It will take a while for that bumpy landscape to smooth out. I used to get offers from the better Vegas hotels for about 20% off rooms and higher for the lower end like Luxor or Excalibur. Maybe 80% off those. I still get those discounts but the starting room rates (which are usually set on occupancy) are about double what they were during covid and probably up 25% from pre-covid. Now that gambling is available in lots of other places and Vegas isn’t offering cheap hotels as much, I’d say pick your destination around the entire entertainment experience you’re seeking. I still like Vegas and am going in September, but Im looking at other trips to the islands as well.
  • Liwet
    2 years ago
    Nowadays in Vegas, they use a rewards system. You don't get a free vacation due to your current play, your current play gets you a free vacation the next time you come. MGM and Caesars have a system where you maintain a level of play to receive a certain level of membership which comes with a bunch of perks but usually you only get reduced costs for food and hotels.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion