tuscl

Report on violence in Lexington KY strip clubs.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

10 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    Good to know. I've been meaning to hit Lexington I hear good things on here but maybe it's little crazy over there.
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    Watch it all escalate this summer. It isn't just Lexington.

I blame the rise of poverty and unemployment/under employment the rise of scammer culture. Drill music has a big impact. People want instant gratification when it comes to everything
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    Ok—interesting article—BUT—

It states that they have 8 clubs there, it states they have xx number of just police reports, meaning whatever person called in a concern and they made a report of it.

What it doesn’t say is, are all of the reports of violence coming from one club? Two clubs? Did a majority of the complaints come from one or two clubs and a small percentage from the rest? We don’t know.

What I also do not like is there is no comparison in the article about how the numbers for crime in the general area compare. If it’s the same, this is sensationalized bc omg it’s a strip club, shame, shame.
  • Sgtsnowman
    2 years ago
    I agree there is not enough detail to really say if these clubs are that bad. You would need to see numbers for popular dance clubs and a separate set of numbers for just bars to see if these clubs were any more or less dangerous than other establishments.

I also refuse to blame underemployment/poverty. Where I grew up in rural Michigan lots of people were under employed and poor. I grew up wearing hand me downs and the family vehicle was always a used car. Most of the people I knew were in similar situation, almost none of them were violent jerks. We had a few morons around, they were almost exclusively alcoholics or drug abusers. Same thing for theft, there are lots of honest, hard working poor people.
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    I'm not criminalizing the poor. I'm saying social problems and alienation lead to a breakdown of society .
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I have no idea what drill music is so I checked Wikipedia

“Drill music is a style of trap”

(Ok, not useful so I checked trap music)

“Trap music is a sub genre of hip hop characterized by complex hi-hat patterns”

Thanks Wikipedia for being so helpful
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    The state and local governments force strip clubs to locate only in dangerous neighborhoods. Then they find evidence of violence in and around the strip clubs. Who would have thought?
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    ^ Jack hit the nail...
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    https://youtu.be/Kvm89LQpJhMn

Swedish drill music.

Drill differs from trap. Trap deals with making money and realities of ghetto life and stems from Atlanta. Drill is about bragging and violence and is from Chicago. Drill artists encourage people to act out the violence in their music. That's why so many of them end up shot. They also try to feign affiliation to gangs I'm exchange for payment. That causes problems. The whole Blood prostitution networks jn strip clubs is a product of the subculture.
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    No its mostly shootouts over drug territory
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion