Friday, April 22, 2022 4:42 AM
Too funny. [view link]

23 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    Who didn't see that one coming?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    If you're going to post a link try to make sure it's not locked behind a paywall here's another version of the story [view link]
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Lol we can't hear it from them, lets do another source that kills them, it's funnier. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I didn’t think they pulled any punches My opinion was the article was pretty straightforward reporting
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Just another reason to look forward to November. If Msnbc didn't exist Cnn would be the greatest pretend source of information.
  • Lone_Wolf
    2 years ago
    This is what happens when incompetent management surrounds themselves with sycophants. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence could forsee this but no one had the balls to speak truth to power. Would have futile so why try.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Regular CNN has been circling the drain for years. Why would you spend over half-a-billion dollars on new subscription service, when your core product can barely remain afloat? This is emblematic of the poor decision-making that led CNN into its current predicament. On the upside, at least it got that turd out of Fox News Sunday.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    There was a time when CNN was fresh and young and it was my go to news station. They covered world events better than anyone else. But in recent years they’ve hired the likes of Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon and that Cuomo freak and they’ve turned into a mouthpiece pushing the liberal agenda. The smirks and facial expressions are nearly as bad as the words they spew
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I agree with Motörhead, a decade ago CNN was my main news source, then somewhere between then and now they went haywire. I read a recent article that one of the producers from Jimmy Kimmels show is taking over CNN and his goal is to put CNN back to just reporting the news, no opinion. It said that was his goal, like will he be given enough power to do so? Damage already done? Think it’s possible to bring back viewers who left year ago? Who knows. I get most of my news today from the Newser app and the USA Today app.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    They actually thought they were going to get 2 million subscribers the first year. They had 10,000 after a month.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Apologies about the original link. I don't have a subscription to the NY Times and it let me read it. But, thinking about it, I've had other digital news sources allow a limited amount of article reads before cutting you off. Just think where CNN would be if they weren't the news of choice in places like airports. They have tarnished their reputation by pushing politically motivated stories that turned out to be untrue.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @crosscheck, McKinsey told them they were going to get that much. It's the most overrated name in business. Every time I've worked with them, their work product has been shit. Who would have thought the American people _don't_ want Don Lemon and Brian Stelter in their living room 24/7? Lulz.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Current favorite news show - 60 minutes. I can say though if they’re going over a topic I don’t find interesting that 10 minute segment can be excruciatingly boring.
  • vmaxhp
    2 years ago
    How long did "Truth Social" last?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shutting down, why? SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Your bathhouse dick breath polluted the studio!
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    The news industry is in need of a major overhaul. Its nothing but clickbait and fear-mongering.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    Lets shut down all of the Commie Liberal media
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    One of their last guests was going to be Fauci. Their management thought people were going to subscribe and pay money so they can see more of Fauci.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    In concept CNN+ was probably a good idea – traditional-media has been losing-out to the internet and podcasts for the last decade (just look at what Joe Rogan has done; and there are likely many other very successful podcasters). I guess the problem w/ CNN+ was that not many people are watching regular-CNN to begin with and AFAIK their ratings are way-down from their peak – thus if they are having issues getting viewers to watch regular-CNN for free (via their cable package) then one has to wonder how many would wanna pay for CNN+ - also, one would think there aren’t that many people that are that hardcore news-watchers where they’d wanna pay to watch “news”.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    @ Papi. With all the false stories that they did report on and real stories they ignored, they have no credibility anymore.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    @710 That seems to be most of the media these days w/ a few exceptions - one would think the libs would still watch CNN and the like b/c if you're a lib or a Dem you likely can't stand watching Fox News nor most if not all Conservative-leaning news-outlets - thus one would assume Libs/Dems would continue to watch CNN and the like since they don't really have other choices. Perhaps CNN still has libs/Dems watching but perhaps have lost a good chunk of Independents and Conservatives which once may have watched (pre-2020) and thus CNN's large decline.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion