tuscl

Middle Eastern Dancers Detroit

lotsoffun201
Vegas Baby
Monday, April 18, 2022 3:15 AM
So it’s on my bucket list. Headed to The D in a couple of weeks and despite being my hometown, I’ve never been with a middle eastern dancer. I know BT’s is in Dearborn which would be my best shot. Does anyone know of any dancers that fit my bucket list and which club? I know it’s a long shot, but I probably won’t be back there for another year if at all. I’d like to make the most out of this trip if I can.

15 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I'm thinking, if a Middle Eastern chick was dancing, she'd be very assimilated. (This has been true of the Arab-American dancers I've gotten dances with.) So in that case, how different is she from an assimilated Latina? If she's not assimilated, she'll probably live with and be supported by her parents until/unless she marries a financially stable guy. I asked one if she was Latina, and she said yes, probably assuming that's what I wanted her to be. I later found out from other dancers her background was Arabic. Because of all the Crusaders who dropped trou, it's not super rare that Middle Eastern peeps has lighter skin/eye/hair color.
  • bluejacketsguy
    2 years ago
    lotsoffun201 "Headed to The D" sounds kinda gay ;) ibbaicnl:"Because of all the Crusaders who dropped trou, it's not super rare that Middle Eastern peeps has lighter skin/eye/hair color." Well you know raping and pillaging kinda go hand in hand. But seriously I don't know detroit at all though I met a guy recently at my local club and he specifically mentioned if I was up that way to go to Subi's Place (as he is apparently from detroit area). I have to say I don't know this guy specifically or what his expectations of a club vs mine/yours but he did go out of his way to mention it. I made a note in my phone to possibly check out if I wound up that way at some point, so take that for whatever its worth.
  • bluejacketsguy
    2 years ago
    I guess I forgot the original part about middle eastern dancers as what you wanted I was just sharing about a club a guy mentioned by name within the area, sorry can't help on the mid east girls front specifically.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    The Crusades have nothing to do with the genetics of people with Arabian heritage. Many of them are just genetically Caucasian. Just as Russians in the west are Caucasian and Russians in the east are Asian. Persians, Afghans, etc. Are all known as mostly Caucasian.
  • lotsoffun201
    2 years ago
    Subis is a bit too far from where I’ll be. One time I was at the Cricket when I was back there hoping to fulfill my bucket list. No bueno. I usually go to FC or Landing Strip. I’ve seen reports about middle eastern dancers before in Michigan. I just was never at the right place at the right time I guess…. Sigh
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    I have seen Middle Eastern dancers in Detroit clubs, but not that many. You could try BTs, Criket, Flight Club, Bogart's, or Landing Strip. Landing Strip is owned by an Arab-American, but that doesn't mean he employs Arab-American dancers. There are cultural taboos in Arab culture against stripping. Q. What's the difference between an American stripper and an Arab stripper? A. The American stripper gets stoned before she takes off her clothes.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Lol Yeah I was going to say I wouldn't expect many strippers / sex workers would evolve out of a culture that sanctions murder as honor killings.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I know middle eastern dancers. They're not that rare anymore. And not all are assimilated. Some are refugees from American wars who see it a better option than working fast food. A lot of the middle eastern dancers in the west try to pass for latina or say they're half. Mainly due to being afraid of discrimination
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    When you met a sex worker who originally from a poor country, you have to be twice as paranoid that she's pimped.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Most hoes have pimps
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Gammanu, there are many persians and afghans who look very indian and are pretty dark. Or light brown. Many of them seem to look mongolian, same with russian. It seems to be a very rare minority of afghans/pakis/persians/indians who have the colored eyes and lighter skin... maybe its from being mixed race with Causasian or maybe it’s simply something to do with an adaptation from living in mountainous areas.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I wish you had some pictures of these middle-eastern dancers. We had a much loved one from Iran. SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    English is an official language in Bangladesh. Also there's a difference between Muslim and Middle Eastern. Ie most Middle Eastern Americans are Christian
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Yes, weak English makes women much more vulnerable to being pimped. But highly educated/intelligent/articulate people do get pimmped. They get blackmailed. Or, if they were abused as children, they are vulnerable to emotional manipulation.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    With immigrants who aren't trafficked they often just choose up or have boyfriend pimps coz they usually lack a support network given their career choice.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion