tuscl

1st trip to HK 11th -13th

Saturday, April 2, 2022 10:03 PM
Been reading up on all the ins and outs of TJ and having a successful trip to HK. Reserved room etc. If any one of you seasoned mongers are planning on being down during the 11th - 13th of this month and willing to meet up let me know. 1st round is on me.

10 comments

• Redbaron12
    2 years ago
    Monday to Wednesday...... Those are my favorite days at HK. You'll love it.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    I'm going after I file my taxes.
  • besmitty
    2 years ago
    @ azfriole - I will be there same time (i'll be leaving wednesday 1am) . If you want to meet up monday let me know. are you coming from AZ (just curious bc of your username)? @jascoi - so you will be there !?!
  • JN-Minns
    2 years ago
    I’m also doing my first visit on April 4th through the 6th. Looks like I’ll miss you guys but I think I’ve read enough to avoid getting stabbed and stuff. Anyone want to grab a drink?
  • besmitty
    2 years ago
    @jp-minn --- it's Tijuana so dont be naïve by any means, but as long as you resepect the area, you'll be fine. Cross the border, take a cab or shuttle to the hotel. Stay in the area (hotel and toward revolucion street) and you'll be good for your first time. Dont bother cops, dont cross streets on red lights, dont buy drugs. Dont get stupid drunk if you're one of those drunks who get stupid and / or aggressive when drinking. I have had ZERO issues in TJ as far as trouble goes. Have fun. good luck
  • JN-Minns
    2 years ago
    Just got back from my 4 day trip. I felt more comfortable in TJ than I had expected. Someone from the forum got in touch with me and helped show me the ropes to the point where on my last day I went out and explored just to get lost among the locals and the culture. I thought folks were exaggerating what HK was like but it was beyond anything I had imagine. It was like browsing through a Victoria’s Secret catalog.
    2 years ago
    You must be talking about the Braille edition of the Victoria Secret catalog.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "Someone from the forum got in touch with me and helped show me the ropes to the point where on my last day I went out and explored just to get lost among the locals and the culture." Viva los TUSCLeros!
  • azfriole
    2 years ago
    *Update* finally recovered from my 1st trip to HK & TJ. Article forthcoming but just wanted to say thanks to the Tusclers that reached out and that I met up with on this trip. Had a blast and will definitely be back soon. bsmitty was a great tour guide! Still blown away by the experience.
  • besmitty
    2 years ago
    @azfriole --- what happened to first round on you?! lol jk Loved showing you around and showing ya the ropes. Had a blast bud! We can literally say we left TJ too early!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion