tuscl

Listing Special and half off days

Sometimes when travelling it is hard to find out what the deal is when it comes to daily specials at the SCs. They are not alwys listed in the reviews - or sometimes listed in really old ones making it difficult to find. For example - La Chambre in Detroit has a Tuesday 1/2 prices dances ($10) special all day - not advertised at the club.

I suggest a section in the club info for specials.

10 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    That's a great idea treetopsman. Other than that, I always try to remember in my club reviews to list them. For example, my current FAV club, The Exotic Pearl in Columbus, Ohio, has 2fers all day all night on Tuesdays. Unfortunately, you have to read the reviews to discover this.
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    I disagree- not that specials are a bad thing, but they're not "silver bullet, either. Many so called 2fers are really 2 clipped songs, so you're really getting 1 and halfer, at best. Also, if you're a dancer, are you going to want to work for half pay? (It may generate xtra business, but there's a tradeoff that may or may not click with certain desireable dancers). Bottom Line- A club will be what it is, you will either be in the mood, or not in the mood for SC visit on a given night(day).
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    My favorite club does 2 fer's every hour or so. I never partake. My favorites always give me 2 fer's anytime. They have also told me that they play shorter songs during an announced 2 fer and they know that there isn't much privacy at that time. We always wait until just after an announced 2 fer. Being a well know regular has its rewards
  • treetopsman
    17 years ago
    I think that the "regular" SC patrons are missing the point here. If you are a regular you know the specials - and the special days. I am not talking about a twofer on the hour kind of thing. Travelers (i.e. non regulars) who comprise quite a bit of the readership here, would benefit from knowing what the deals are.
  • Raincoat
    17 years ago
    When traveling it would be nice to have information about specials and special events. Daisy Dukes isn't my favorite in QC but it is on Mondays when they have 2-4-1's. Gold Mine is my least favorite club in Des Moines but I sometimes visit on Wednesday when the accept armbands from other clubs. Amateur Nights, College Co-eds get in free nights, Lesbian Cheerleader Nights, Mardis Gras nights are all special events that will influence my decision to choose one club over another.

Easy access to that information would be very helpful.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Seems to me that a lot of strip clubs have web sites that show this information. And TUSCL has links to a lot of those web sites. Or you could even call and ask.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    FONDL: those sites are not always up to date. As for the Platinum Plus chain, they have not updated since 2003. Their Memphis club is closed and their Miami club has opened. 6 months ago the day shift manager at my favorite club told me that an update was in the progress. Shit flies! Calling the club can have mixed results. Depending on who answeres the phone. If Jen answers the phone I am in. Anyone else will probably tell me that they can not give out that kind of information.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I don't go to clubs because of specials, but I don't go because of drink prices, either, so I think they would be as appropriate as some of the other club info. Several Detroit area clubs have half price dances or similar specials on Monday or Tuesdays. Prices there usually aren't subject to bargaining or negotiation, so it's quite different from the 2-fers that many clubs in the South have every night. The problem is that clubs probably change their specials a lot more frequently than other info, which would make it hard to keep up-to-date and not very reliable.
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    Clubs should have standing specials for men in military uniform. I always buy a GI drinks and LD's if I can afford it.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Eeek. If I tried to do that in the cities in the Deep South that I've lived in, I'd be more than broke, I'd be indigent. One of the regular stop-offs at the end of a "weekend warrior" National Guard stint in many American cities is the bus-ride into town for the group trip to the strip club before returning to the wives and kiddies. And don't EVER let word get out that you'll pay for anyone in uniform in the city of Pensacola; you'll have six hundred new friends in an instant ...

Sure, the guys in the military may be serving nobly. For me, it was never an option, but I like to think I would have considered it if I didn't have major asthma. Many who joined from my high school class simply did it because they had no better option. It was like, "Well, I cain't git inter collidge, so's I gotter do SUMPIN." So they're helicopter mechanics. I have mixed feelings about the "depth of commitment" of members of our armed forces. Some are great, some are losers.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion