tuscl

Great vacation home in Florida

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

14 comments

• chimera422
    3 years ago
    Basically, your buying a 1/4 acre building plot that you have to remove a “tiny home” from…..
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    A one room house ? And check out the "pool" . That's something we would get to feed our cattle on the ranch. Who's the fool that is gonna pay a million dollars for that ?
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Doesn’t look that close to the beach.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Hot damn I saw this article yesterday I didn’t realize it was Floriduh I thought it was California. That’s kinda surprising for Floriduh.

If that is within 25 yards walking to a beach I’d stay there, but not live there, especially for that price!
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    That makes about as much sense for $1 million as the guy that paid $500k for Brady's last TD ball only to have Brady unretire the next day.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    I would not fit in the place... that's half a regular hotel room.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You're paying for the land. Still overpriced though
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    This is why I'm living in Michigan.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    how about living in one of these?

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/64612587779…
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I thought there might be room to build on additional living space, but that lot is so irregularly shaped that it would not be possible. It might do great as an AirBnB, but I couldn't spend more than a weekend there without going stir crazy.

There is an adjacent lot, undeveloped, that is listed for $2.3M, so the pricing is not so out of whack. The Florida panhandle is infinitely more desirable than the peninsula and there are a lot of high-end custom touches to the limited space.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    So, it's crazy expensive, but it's in a pretty high priced area:

https://www.zillow.com/santa-rosa-beach-…

So, real estate agent/client intentionally list property at a kooky $5,000/sq-ft in a highly competitive, desirable area. People go nuts, it lands on "Zillow Gone Wild", it also gets some local and national news coverage. As a result, a massive number of people visit the listing, and an unusually large number actual buyers bookmark the listing thinking "I'd love that place if the price comes down."

After a couple of weeks the press dies down and the agent/client lower the price to something that is higher than it deserves but within the realm of reality. Every single buyer who bookmarked the listing gets a markdown notification and many of them contact the agent.

Ultimately, they sell the place for an incredibly high price. The seller is happy, and the real estate agent walks away with a big commission and the contact info for dozens of legit buyers looking for a place in Santa Rosa.

At least that's what I think is going on here. Very often, these stories that make people look like they're doing something really stupid is really about someone being pretty clever.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    These housing prices are fucking crazy
  • joker44
    3 years ago
    This is a much better deal -
    Close to the beach when you want; easy to change scenery; hurricane coming - adios

https://youtu.be/py4zetCEYzA?t=59

"Jason created a stealth micro studio apartment inside a box van he bought on Craigslist.

Converting the work van into a “stealth home” allows Jason to travel, study, and temporarily “live” in different cities with very little overhead. His off-grid studio has everything he needs, plus extras like a full bedroom nook and a patio off his “gear-age.”
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    Really, for that kind of money, you'd think they could have found room and budget for a 2-burner cooktop and a convection microwave. Other than that, a nice place. Maybe you could stack a couple more floors....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion