tuscl

Stripping on TV

For most people the strip club is few and far between experience, or never. Yet strip clubs manage to be on so many shows and movies! I always am curious to see how they are depicted. I am watching the CLASSIC Cusack-Cage masterpiece “Frozen Ground” currently, which is set in Alaska, where I have never been.

I also am still in St. Louis and was talking to a customer about the show “Ozark,” which has several scenes inside a strip club in Lake of the Ozarks.

Usually what I notice is no one is fat, they all have big boobs, they all have beautiful faces. They usually suck at all things dancing, and they usually wear outfits that are a little more lingerie-ish than stripperish. On “Ozark,” they have real strippers, fyi, game recognize game. But when I was talking to this customer about the show he told me there are strip clubs there but they aren’t as nice as on the show.

Probably the same thing for cops, lawyers, nurses etc when they watch shows about their job lol.

19 comments

• doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Frozen Ground is a great movie. It’s based on the true story of serial killer Robert Hansen. I enjoyed the strip club scenes. I have been to a strip club in Anchorage, Alaska, where this movie was set, but it did look like that one.

I have been in two professions that are often depicted in movies are on TV. It’s usually pretty cringe worthy to see.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    - did NOT look like that one
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    One thing I notice is how unprofessional everybody is in person compared to on tv, and often nobody knows wtf they are doing.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Well look at it this way, whether the character is a stripper or not, most female actresses on TV are attractive. Even most heavier women and older women on TV are attractive as well. Not ALL but most.

“Probably the same thing for cops, lawyers, nurses etc when they watch shows about their job lol.”

- I’d say drug dealers too, how many TV shows glamorize drug dealers and in the episode they always go down in flames at the end or have some sort of moral rationalization and do some good.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    I did know that movie was a true story. Very sad that so many killers target SWers.

Interesting take on the drug dealers. That definitely is a job that’s frequently covered by tv/movies too. I have known two drug dealers ever. One was just someone who lived in my building where we all owned our units and he got kicked out by the HOA for illegal activities. The other was murdered and left in the woods before being found 2 months later. I definitely think these both fit the ‘down in flames’ narrative. 😬
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Drug dealer was not one is the professions I was in.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Lol ^^
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    I know a stripper who's also a drug dealer, or is she a drug dealer who's also a stripper? Think it was a trend for a while throw a strip club scene in a movie to get an easy R. It was probably just a coincidence some of my favorite movies as a kid had those scenes. Hadn't really thought much about the portrayal of dancers except for when it took me out of the story (like Natalie Portman looking like a little kid next to Clive Owen or Elizabeth Berkley lap dancing like a crosswired toy) but I'd imagine it's pretty cringe to watch actors trying to make a go of it.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Has there ever been a Steven Seagal movie without a SC scene?
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Showgirls is pretty crazy but also I could watch it 999 times. 🙌🏼
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I know this sounds dated - but I just binged the Soprano’s (finally after 20 years)

I didn’t find the strippers at all attractive. The boob jobs were horribly huge and overdone. And most tried to hard to be attractive and they just came off as borderline ugly especially in the early seasons.

If that’s what New Jersey strippers look like, I’m pass.

The last couple of years, if you watch closely, they changed. Much more attractive with natural bodies
  • DenimChicken
    3 years ago
    > On “Ozark,” they have real strippers, fyi, game recognize game. But when I was talking to this customer about the show he told me there are strip clubs there but they aren’t as nice as on the show.

> Probably the same thing for cops, lawyers, nurses etc when they watch shows about their job lol.

https://effectiviology.com/knolls-law/

• shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Last year they closed Vivide in Atlanta about 5 different days so that the could film a new season of P-Valley a mini series on Starz about a strip club/strippers. Clubs are definitely main stream now but cities still want to shut them down.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I remember watching some episode of True Blood. There was some scene where one of the vampires goes into the club for OTC (no not of the sexual kind, more he was just the food delivery boy for another vampire)

I remember it was kinda a burlesque interpretation of a club, but I wish more clubs IRL played this song:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUkyKBsGt…
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    First strip club movie I ever saw was Porky's. The girls in that one weren't the slimmest in the world. I still think that is one of the funniest movies I ever saw.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    ^^^^

They were Cuban dancers. :)
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    There are a few that I remember.

The Wrestler has great strip club scenes. Marisa Tomei is great as the unrequited love interest of Mickey Rourke.

There is an odd - but intense - strip club scene in Leaving Las Vegas.

I liked the strip club as a subplot in the Sopranos. That club (Satin Dolls) likely still gets some tourist traffic from the show. I still find it funny the sign for Satin Dolls is right near the party store next to it - Party Box.

There were interesting strip club scenes in the mainstream TV show NYPD Blue. One of the girls was pretty hot - before she got knocked off (and I think the young detective got knocked off too).

Striptease was fun. Demi Moore looked good in that film. Burt Reynolds was very funny too.
  • grand1511
    3 years ago
    "Zola" was a movie out last year about two young dancers who get in way over their heads hanging with the wrong people in clubs. It did a pretty job, from my PL perspective, of how in the moment so many of of the ITC & OTC action is in the pursuit of quick big-time cash.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    A favorite of mine had a “conversation” with Detective Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) when they filmed a scene on her Strip Club for the ABC television series NYPD Blue.

I saw the scene and recognized her and her signature dancing moves, full splits, she was very “bendy”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion