tuscl

Miss Heard

EndlessSummer
All Year Long! 🌞
Monday, January 31, 2022 6:42 PM
Ok, so now we live in a digital age where music is incredibly clear and lyrics are an internet search away, but I still remember when that wasn't the case... so, for more years than I'd like to admit, I thought the lyrics were "there's a bathroom on the right" instead of "there's a bad moon on the rise". Just heard it in the club yesterday before the stage got going, and it STILL sounds like that even though I know better! ☺️ Anyone else have one of these?

38 comments

• shadowcat
    •
    2 years ago
    This rap crap is hard to understand. I think I keep hearing the "N" word but they couldn't be saying that, could they?
  • misterorange
    •
    2 years ago
    I've heard that when Jimmi Hendrix sang "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" some people thought it sounded like "kiss THIS GUY" which we all know would be ridiculous, because in his short few years of fame, he probably got more pussy than most of us will in our entire lifetime.
  • twentyfive
    •
    2 years ago
    Lots of them, I cant keep track of how many lyrics I remember wrong This one comes to mind right off the bat "We had joy we had fun we had seasons full of fun" LOL
  • misterorange
    •
    2 years ago
    Aerosmith: "You can't catch me cause the rabbit done died." I understood the words correctly, but as a little kid had no idea what it meant. Sure sounded good though.
  • yahtzee74
    •
    2 years ago
    Wrapped up like a douche in the night
  • yahtzee74
    •
    2 years ago
    wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night
  • Goodclubrep
    •
    2 years ago
    Shadow, you made me lol! Also, the lyric IS douche, not deuce. The story goes that this was the best take.
  • bubba267
    •
    2 years ago
    Eagles....."Right there in the Vaseline"
  • gammanu95
    •
    2 years ago
    No, I've always heard those right. I never understood why people thought they'd be singing about kissing men and bathroom directions.
  • rattdog
    •
    2 years ago
    guys, help me out with this one: the very beginning of jumping jack flash - is it watch it or one two?
  • gammanu95
    •
    2 years ago
    Those lyrics remind of the Steve Berman skit on The Marshall Mathers LP.
  • EndlessSummer
    •
    2 years ago
    ^So, a bad moon and kissing the sky make more sense? 🤔
  • twentyfive
    •
    2 years ago
    “I’m a joker I’m a smoker a real lively hoker playing my music with you hun”
  • mike710
    •
    2 years ago
    I like "wrapped up like a douche with a boner in the night" America said their song "Ventura Highway" was often heard as "Bench on a Highway".
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    •
    2 years ago
    Detouring to the younger folks’ music, there’s Taylor Swift’s infamous ‘Blank Space’. Most people hear “got a long list of Starbucks lovers”. When I first heard the song, I heard that too, but realized it didn’t much sense. I thought the lyrics were actually “got a long list of star crossed lovers”. I thought it was a throwback to her previous hit ‘Love Story’ and it’s references to Romeo and Juliet. The actual lyrics are “got a long list of ex-lovers“.
  • Cashman1234
    •
    2 years ago
    Yahtzee - that’s what I always though the lyrics were! I couldn’t understand what being blinded by the light had to do with douching? But, I was young when that song came out, and figured I’d learn when I got older!
  • Dr_Rainmaker
    •
    2 years ago
    As a kid mine was AC/DC. Dirty deeds done they’re done dirt cheap. I thought it was Dirty deeds and the thunder cheeks. 😂😂 🍑
  • motorhead
    •
    2 years ago
    Bee Gees I still think it’s “Strawberry Woman”
  • ATACdawg
    •
    2 years ago
    Miss Heard? Amber Heard? Love her 😉😂 Always used to have trouble with Jimmy Buffett's Volcano: "Now my girl quickly say to me Mon you better watch your feet Lava come down soft and hot You better lava me now or lava me not" Took me a few years to get those down.
  • mahatmakanejeeves
    •
    2 years ago
    John Fogerty does often sing "there's a bathroom on the right" when performing Bad Moon Rising live. For an example, listen to it on the Premonition CD.
  • EastCoaster
    •
    2 years ago
    I read that someone misheard the first line of the Beach Boys' "Help Me Rhoda." The line is "Well since she put me down I've been out doin' in my head." He heard "Well since she put me down there's been owls pukin' in my bed." I actually like the misheard version better. The first one barely makes sense. The imagery in the second one is pretty stunning, actually, and fits the mood of the song perfectly. I'd need help, too, if there'd been owls pukin' in my bed.
  • EastCoaster
    •
    2 years ago
    ^ Rhonda, not Rhoda. Sorry.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    •
    2 years ago
    Wow! Until this thread, I always thought the line in the Beach Boys' "Help Me Rhonda” was: "Well since she put me down, I've been goin’ out of my head." Which I suppose makes a reasonable amount of sense. Thank you @EastCoaster. I’m going to be awake all night thinking about what other song lyrics I’ve got screwed up…
  • goldmongerATL
    •
    2 years ago
    Actually you hear these lyrics fine but can't believe you heard them right because they make no sense whatsoever. Madman drummers bummers Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way in to his hat With a boulder on my shoulder feeling kinda' older I tripped the merry go round With this very unpleasing sneezing and wheezing the calliope crashed to the ground The calliope crashed to the ground and she was blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night. Blinded by the light Revved up like a Deuce Another runner in the night [repeat to fade] Some silicone sister with her manager mister told me I got what it takes She said I'll turn you on sonny to something strong play the song with the funky break And go kart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart see if it was safe outside And little Early Pearly came by in his curly wurly and asked me if I needed a ride The calliope crashed to the ground And she was blinded by the light Revved up like a deuce Another runner in the night Blinded by the light She got down but she never got tight She's gonna make it through the night She's gonna make it through the night Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun, but mama That's where the fun is Some brimstone baritone anti cyclone rolling stone preacher from the east Says Dethrone the Dictaphone hit it in his funny bone and that's where they expect it least And some new mown chaperone was standing in The corner watching the young girls dance And some fresh sewn moonstone was messing with his frozen zone reminding him of romance
  • gobstopper007
    •
    2 years ago
    This thread makes me think of the old cassette tapes that had the cover you could unfold to see the lyrics. It’s sad how many people here will have no idea what I’m talking about
  • gammanu95
    •
    2 years ago
    @EndlessSummer - obviously, in context, they make more sense, as well aa being more lyrically pleasing.
  • gammanu95
    •
    2 years ago
    I grew up in the early 80s with vinyl LPs, before even cassettes were very common. My parents even had a reel-to-reel player and recorder. I was in college in the 90s before I saw my first 8-track. But, does anyone else remember those first mini-CDs? I think they looked like a cross between a CD and a 3.5" floppy disk (another forgotten tech, but not as obscure as the 5.25" floppy. Those mini-CDs never took off.
  • rattdog
    •
    2 years ago
    manfred mann earth band > e street band. springsteen should write the songs and manfred mann should perform and perfect them.
  • Studme53
    •
    2 years ago
    Summer breeze Makes me feel fine Rolling through the Jaguars of my mind
  • goldmongerATL
    •
    2 years ago
    Then there are the verses Manfred Mann couldn't even deal with [Verse 5] Oh, some hazard from Harvard was skunked on beer playin' backyard bombardier Yes and Scotland Yard was trying hard, they sent some dude with a calling card He said, do what you like, but don't do it here Well I jumped up, turned around, spit in the air, fell on the ground Asked him which was the way back home He said take a right at the light, keep goin' straight until night, and then boy, you're on your own [Verse 6] And now in Zanzibar a shootin' star was ridin' in a side car hummin' a lunar tune Yes, and the avatar said blow the bar but first remove the cookie jar we're gonna teach those boys to laugh too soon And some kidnapped handicap was complainin' that he caught the clap from some mousetrap he bought last night Well I unsnapped his skull cap and between his ears I saw A gap but figured he'd be all right
  • goldmongerATL
    •
    2 years ago
    There is an actual word for misheard lyrics: Mondegreens How many mondegreens are there of this verse from Sir Elton? And I think it's gonna be a long, long time 'Till touchdown brings me 'round again to find I'm not the man they think I am at home Oh no, no, no I'm a rocket man Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone
  • Huntsman
    •
    2 years ago
    I used to sing New Age Girl at the top of my lungs with the woman of desire being “Mary Moe”. It’s “Mary Moon”.
  • Huntsman
    •
    2 years ago
    Also I thought Boston sang “Born on a Feeling”.
  • goldmongerATL
    •
    2 years ago
    In one rare case, the misheard lyrics BECAME the lyrics. When they were writing the song, the singer sang "In the Garden of Eden" but the drummer could not understand what he was singing. He wrote down "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
  • Uprightcitizen
    •
    2 years ago
    "And little worly burly gave his anus curly whirly and asked me if I needed a ride" That one still makes me laugh
  • misterorange
    •
    2 years ago
    ^ I always thought that was "gave my English girl a whirly"
  • magicrat
    •
    2 years ago
    Probably just a story but Springsteen once said he had a rhyming dictionary in his hand when he wrote Blinded by the Light.
  • gammanu95
    •
    2 years ago
    A lot of real music in this thread, not the autotune crap that the studios are pumping out. I don't think I've spent more than 20 seconds on a top 40 station since 2010. I was trying to figure out WTF "Gangnam Style" was.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion