tuscl

Do you pay the upcharge?

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Monday, January 31, 2022 4:13 PM
When a ROB tries tell you her dances were $25 or $30, after the fact, instead of the usual $20, or you know she's overcounting dances, how do you handle it? If it's your regular or fave club, mgmt may give you a break or you may have to find a new fave. I don't have any regular or favorite clubs, so that doesn't factor for me. I THINK I had a dancer overcount once at Christie's in PHX. But it was early, I was having fun, and I wasn't sure I was right; so I paid what she said. If she was a ROB, it was only by one song. At Cheetah in Sarasota, this one dancer tried to count the fifteen seconds of the song that was playing as we sat down in the LD room as the first song. I refused and only paid her for the one full song she danced to. She lost her shit and went to talk to the manager, I was done for the evening (and with Cheetah Sarasota in general), and walked out before she even found the manager.

32 comments

• Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Those ROB tactics are annoying. When they pull that shit after the dance, it’s a buzzkill, and it sucks. I might sound like a broken record, but unless I’ve gotten dances a few times previously (from the dancer), I clarify pricing before moving to the dance area. My hope is to eliminate one variable in the ROB arsenal. Once I’m enjoying the dances, I ask “Is that two dances?”, to see what she will say. If she says “No baby, that’s three”, or something like that, then I’m done. I’ll give her the $60, and no tip, to minimize the over counting charge. It can be a pain in the ass to be diligent, but it avoids the chances of being taken for a costly surprise as you are adjusting your pants.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I have handled it different ways on different nights. It usually depends on how badly I'm being scammed and (to be honest) my mood and how much I want to invest in that drama. So, there have been rare occasions where I've just let it go. Like I said, rare but sometimes I just haven't had the energy. Other times, when I'm sure that I'm being scammed, I'll pay her what we agreed, and then I walk away. I will sometimes say something along the lines of "If you want to get management involved, I'm sitting right over there." They have never gotten management involved.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    For a good while now I’ve had pretty-much zero-tolerance w.r.t. getting overcharged or over-counted – I am honest w/ people and f’ing hate-it when people try to pull one over on me – I’ve had issues where I was sure the dancer had actually *under-counted* dances and I told her so and paid what I owed vs trying to save a few bucks – I imagine it’s not easy for most of these girls to be getting groped by strangers so I def will not underpay them on top of that – thus I try to be honest and fair when dealing w/ dancers and why it bothers me when they try shit on me. Most of the clubs I hit I’m familiar w/ and these clubs have a set club-price for dances – no way in hell do I let a dancer try to change the price on me *after the fact* - if she wants to charge more for dances, then you better let me know upfront vs pulling a different #/price out of your ass when we’re done and expect me to pay up – waiting till the end to tell me “oh no I charge $X” is a total ROB move. From having done a lot of SCing in black-dives where songs are often cut-short, and often bled-together to where it can be hard to know how many songs you’ve done, I started taking extra-care of song-count so I would know how many I’d done vs wondering if my count was right – these days I often time the songs w/ my cell ph – I’ll time a few songs while not getting dances to see how long they are being played – if they’re being played at 3-minutes let’s say, then when I’m getting dances I’ll kick-off my cell phone timer and if I got dances for about 10-minutes that lets me know I did 3-songs – several times I’ve had a dancer try to over-count me and I’ve shown them I’ve been timing the songs and they back off – seems many of them count on the custy being distracted w/ the dances and not being sure in order to pad the dance-count – besides timing the songs I also tell them b/f we start the dances to let me know every time we start a new song. Dealing w/ black-dives and their song-cutting and song-bleeding; or dealing w/ Cuban-ROBs in the mixed-clubs; and the fact I like variety and like getting w/ many different dancers and hitting different clubs; IMO raises my chances w.r.t. dealing w/ ROBs or there being confusion about the song-count and why I started more judicious about keeping track – in the past when I didn’t do this I would not be 100%-sure of the song-count and would tend to pay even though I thought I was getting over-counted but I wasn’t 100%-sure – now being more judicious about keeping track I’m pretty-much 100%-sure and I’ve haven’t paid an over-count or overcharge. At the end of the day I rather leave a club rather than pay a ROB – not saying this is the way to go; but it is for me.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    That has rarely happened to me. If she overcounts by one or 2 songs and the dances were good, I just let it pass but put her on my do not dance list. In clubs where I am not a regular I always ask upfront what the dance price is. So dance cost is hardly ever a consideration. The last time I got into an confrontation with a dancer over dance count was at the Diamond club in Atlanta. They play nothing but rap and the DJ runs the songs together making if difficult to count the number of dances. She said it was 4. I thought 2 it was 2. I gave her $20 for 2 dances and told her to call management if she had a problem with that. What was the manager going to do? Kick me out or ban me over $20. She didn't call him over. I now make it a point in clubs that play rap run together to ask the dancer upfront the dance count after each dance.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I thought that ilbbaicnl came up with a smart solution to the "song count" issue here. [view link] Because sometimes it's legitimately hard for the dancer and customer to keep track. Having a more accurate timer (in the form of a phone alarm) is a good solution.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    A few months ago I had a bad-encounter downhere in SoFlo at Cheetah Hallandale – this club is one of the few clubs in SoFlo w/ no private-rooms (Hallandale city ordinance) and thus the Cubans here are more known to over-count in order to make up for not making the big VIP $$$ as in other SoFlo clubs. This club is right of I-95 – I was heading home on a late Sunday afternoon and decided to see how the club was post-Covid on a weekend afternoon – was not really in that big a mood to SC, was just gonna check it out for future reference when I’d be in the mood to club on a weekend afternoon and I would know whether it was worth visiting in the future – so I got off the freeway and was right there at the club. The club was pretty-slow – in the past I had been there on a late weekday afternoon and it was more-lively – thought it would be a short visit to get the lay-of-the-land of this club on a Sunday afternoon – sat at the bar; ordered a beer, and decided to sit for a few to see how things were but was thinking I’d leave in 15-minutes or so. 2 or 3 minutes after I get my beer I’m approached by a very-well-endowed MILF Cubana – she was def up my (personal) alley – she had a black woman’s type bod (but she was a white Cubana) – curvy in all the right places – natural large-Cs/small-Ds; big/long nipples; big ass with wide-hips; a lotta woman (how I like'm). Something about her demeanor gave me a bit of a bad-vibe – she didn’t smile and had kinda a jaded-dancer vibe – but I’d clubbed in this club b/f and this was just meant to be a short-recon mission vs a planned SC visit so I wasn’t in “SC mode” per se and kinda had my guard down (I had a bit of “familiarity breeds contempt” going-on). Anyway – she was my type and although I usually don’t get dances as soon as I get to a club b/f I’ve “had time to warm up” and get into “SC mode”, I nevertheless accepted her dances offer since the club was slow and I’d figured not many chances of finding something else I liked plus it was just gonna be a short visit. So we go to the dance-area – she starts dancing right-away – as it’s my M.O. I start my cell ph timer – I figured we had just gotten there as a song started but was not sure – anyway we start dancing and after a short time she’s trying to tell me we’re in song #4 – no way that was right – I look at my cell ph and see we’ve only danced for about 4-minutes – dances here are 3 to 3.5 minutes so at most we did one full song, and a small piece of another likely b/c she had started near the end of a song when she started dancing. I told no way we’d done 4 – I show her my phone timer – she then say ok it was 3 – I say we’ve done one and we are not doing any more – she says give me the money for 3 – I say I’m paying you for one and that’s it – she won’t get off me (on me FCG and she’s a pretty-big woman probably 5’6 or 5’7 and big-boned) – I get up from the sofa to get her off of me – I take out the $25 for the one-song and give it to her – she says you owe me for two more – she starts calling the bouncer and I walk to the end of the LD area and stand against the wall to get away from this crazy-Cuban-MILF. The bouncer comes over and tells me I counted 2-songs – I say I just did one full song, she started at the end of the previous song – he says you have to pay for that song – I say I’m not paying full-price for a tiny piece of a song – he says you gotta pay or you gotta leave – I walk out b/c I wasn’t gonna pay her for another song. A couple of hours later I was at home and wondering if I should have just avoided the sour-ending and just paid for the extra-song – post-Covid the black-clubs I used to hit pre-Covid had been shitty and this club started to become my go-to – now I was wondering if I was gonna have issues going back to this club – I assume not but who knows – I go back-and-forth w.r.t. whether I should have paid-up vs sticking to my guns; but I just couldn’t see myself paying that bitch one more cent so I guess I’m leaning towards I’m glad I didn’t pay up (and of course it’s not about the $$$ but me just hating having someone trying to rip me off). I’ve actually haven’t SCed anywhere since that day – I felt I needed a break from the often seedy world of strip-clubs plus as I’ve posted in the past I haven’t had the same desire to SC as I use to in years past – I assume I can go back to this club and not have issues particularly if I go at night which is when I’d prefer to go since the day vs night talent difference is pretty significant here w.r.t. my personal-tastes (I assume going at night I would not run into the same bouncer but who knows) – I also have many other choices in SoFlo so it’s not a huge loss. At the end of the day I wasn’t in “SC mode” that day which you often have to be downhere in SoFlo and at the very least I should have been more cognizant of making sure she didn’t start dancing near the end of a song – if she would have not been trying to way over-count me by telling me we had done 4, decent chance I would have paid the partial-dance we did and considered it a tip – club was very-slow that day and perhaps why she had that kinda jaded-look when she first approached me at the bar; perhaps she had not made any $$$ and was gonna make some $$$ one way or another.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I really don't get the idea of charging "per song" when they vary in length, one or both parties to the dance are often tipsy if not flat out drunk, and there are issues as described above where the was the music is such that you can't even distinguish one song from the next. I don't know how anyone (customer, dancer or club) benefits from a system that potentially causes so many problems such as: 1) confrontation between the dancer and customer 2) even if no confrontation, customer leaves feeling disgruntled and with buyer's remorse 3) management may have to get involved if a customer complains 4) an unusually long song may cause the dancer to feel frustrated and less motivated 5) sometimes you stand around doing nothing waiting for the "next song" to start, which is really lost time for the dancer to finish and move on to the next PL I've been to several clubs that have a timing system completely unrelated to the music. One was my all time favorite the old Bottoms Up in Irvington NJ. $20 per 5 minutes, and they used a simple kitchen timer. When you heard the beeper go off you could either pay for more time and the girl would slip it out the door to the timer guy, or else they were pretty good about giving you enough extra time to zip up your pants before coming out. 5th Avenue works similar - they start flashing the lights in the booth when time is up. And Playhouse in Burlington has a guy on a microphone calling out the room number and dance count, which are timed at 4 minutes each. I've read comments where some guys don't like the timer thing, but I have no idea why. It's straightforward and fair to everyone. Imagine if you're at the grocery store, meat costs $10 a pound, but they don't use a scale. The butcher says, "Ehh... let's call it three pounds."
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ yeah - the per song method, vs the per time method, leaves it to where at best it's easier for their to be confusion over the count; and at worst more opportunity for ROBs to take advantage of the faulty method which ROBs are well aware-of and exploit.
  • Bharlem
    2 years ago
    Dancers should let the customer know when the song is finished. That’s the initial contract y’all agreed on. Very rarely I have issues like this. I really don’t want to beat a customer up so I try to keep everything well defined
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    If it's only a few dollars, I'll just pay and not make a scene. I won't ever have any contact with the girl ever again. But I'll pay it that one time. I"m not going to make a big deal out of $40-50. If the disagreement is a few hundred, that's another matter. I'm going to pay her what is fair , then get up and walk away. SHE can make a scene if she wishes. But most will not because they know they are in the wrong.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    If the dancer honestly lets me know the count, as @Bharlem suggests, I am very likely to keep going, especially if she asks seductively to continue with additional dances. OTOH if I have no idea how much this is costing me, I'll probably quit sooner than if she had let me know occasionally. And if I feel like I got ripped off, that will be my last dance with her ever.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I like BHarlem’s approach. She keeps the customer aware of the count. After seeing BHarlem’s perfect ass - which she makes sure we see in her photos - I might forget everything! But, I’d be happy to pay to enjoy her dances. How is the club scene in Ct?
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Never really run into the situation of a dancer overcounting. I'm sure it has happened to me but it has never been so bad that I was sure she was trying to rip me off. As for charging more than the club's usual rate for dances I usually pass on those girls. The only way I would do it is if she is the only girl that I can find in the club that I want dances from.
  • Bharlem
    2 years ago
    @cashman1234 I’ve only worked at Centerstage. I plan on venturing out, next on my list is electric blue and providence. In another month or so I will go back to NJ to Sunrise and VIPS. Book a Air bnb to work the weekend. I’m looking for an extras club that is not Bridgeport (str8 brothel). Nothing wrong with that, I’d just like the option to make money hand over fist like the clubs in Paterson. I be in the gym doing my hip thrust just so I can keep showing the world my nice ass 😉
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    NO; I don’t pay the “upcharge”. This situation happened to me with a new, to me, Dancer, and this is how it unfolded. After 3 dances we stop, I handed her the money for the 3 dances and she said we did 5, and I said no we did 3. She insisted we did 5, I said no we did 3. She then threatened to call the bouncer/security and I said go ahead, the bouncer came and took her side. I explained to him that it is not the money, it is the principle. He asked me to go outside to the lobby and once there he said to pay her for the 2 extra dances or I won’t be allowed to go back inside the club. I immediately ask the guy at the cash register/entry to call the manager. The manager came and I explained to him the situation and said loud enough for the bouncer and the dancer to hear “Are we going to have to call the boys in blue to solve this situation?” The bouncer immediately walked away and the dancer too. The manager said that it was OK for me to go inside, just don’t talk to them please. I said OK went inside and acted like nothing happened. Mentioning the boys in blue sometimes helps, because they most likely have warrants and would not want to risk being arrested.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    If they start right away during a song and dance less than a minute and ask If I want another song. I say no, pay they and ignore them forever. If they say nothing and continue I ask how many at the end of the song. If they say two, see above. If they say one they're going to make some money.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    BHarlem I wish you well as you check out clubs in RI and Connecticut. As I remember, Bridgeport can be rough after dark. I am glad you will be killing it at Sunrise again. The club is good, and the dressing room has great mirrors to capture photos of your perfect ass! Whatever you are doing in the gym is hitting all the right spots.
  • samiel
    2 years ago
    As for the dancer counting the end of the first song, just don't let that happen. I usually motion them to sit next to me and tell them to wait until the next song starts. I've never had a problem with that. If I did, I wouldn't even start the first dance. As for arguing the count, if it's one off, I may let it slide. If it's consistent, she's lost a customer, but I don't argue. Nothing good comes from it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    From a recent review of Cheaters in Cocoa Beach: "... Dances are $20 per song. One dancer told me if anyone tried to charge more they would get fired. They played Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". A dancer told me they only play that when someone has been fired ..." I've been to the 3 Cocoa Beach clubs and all 3 seem to treat custies fairly; you don't feel like you're getting jacked by the club by absurd-charges or nickel-and-diming you (IDK about Dancers Royale since that's only been around a couple of years when it bought the old Inner Room that was a great-value club; the other 2 clubs in Cocoa Beach have been around a long time as well as the old Inner Room was around a long time b/f the longtime owner sold it).
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    I give $5 for da lapperz and $20 for da lot lizzards and dat is dat
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    With a new dancer I negotiate money before we go for the dance. It's actually a pretty good tell on how she's going to be.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Most of the time I don't overpay. It's rare that a dancer I try does multiple songs and then goes high at the end. It's been long enough where I don't remember the last time it happened, but there are girls who've tried to raise the rate as they're getting started. The last time it happened a few weeks ago I gently put my hand just above her ass and said "that's ok". She decided to charge a normal rate and I could tip her if I thought she did a great job. I could tell she was trying really hard so I did give her a small tip at the end. I find it's mainly the younger ones who figure they've got the guy there already and he's hungry enough where he'll cave in the moment.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    I had a dance with a new-to-me girl who actually gave me a very good dance with lots of contact. At the end, she says that oh, by the way, she charges $40, not $30 like the other girls Excuse me? That would have been nice to know beforehand! She just shrugged. I handed her the $40 and she had the temerity to ask for a tip I said, "You've got your tip, which is smaller than it would have been if you weren't trying to rip me off. And here's another tip - don't ever bother to ask me if I want to dance again. I may be old, but I have a great memory."
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @BHarlem, come up to Club Desire in Providence. You'll make serious bank there. Remember Tetradon's rules of the club--managers know who the ROBs are, so don't reflexively give in. But better yet, agree on the price and count the songs as you go. And when writing a review, don't connect them by name to extras, but name and shame ROBs!
  • Leonard313
    2 years ago
    I agree with Warrior; depends on the amount. If I go back for a dance and the stripper does her thing and then claims it was actually 3 dances but I never told her to stop...then I'll give her $40 of the $60 and tell her it wasn't 3 songs. If she gets pissy and insistent about it, I'll give her the $20 and let the manager know. If the manager says, "oh well...it is what it is."...then I'll make it clear I've made my last visit to that club and leave. If it's a larger amount, like when a stripper asked me for $400 for a BJ and specifically and repeatedly said "no"...and she proceeded to provide the service and then expected the $400...I tried to barter with her and come to a sane resolution. I think I offered her $100 plus another $20-$40 for the lap dance(s). When that didn't work, she threatened to go to the manager and I immediately said, "okay". I then made my case to the manager and some kind of arrangement was made. I can't recall exactly what I paid, but it wasn't over $250...probably even less than that. Now, in clubs where they valet and hold your keys...thats more difficult. I'd be hesitant to risk a solicitation charge by calling the POPO...not to mention risking a potential DUI if I had been drinking...but I don't think I'd just pay it and leave. It's not just the money, it's the principle. If intoxicated, I might just pay it to get my keys back...then go sit in my car until I sobered up. If I was sober, I might threaten the police intervention.
  • max_starr
    2 years ago
    I've only had it happen once in 10 years...She basically doubled the count...I was a serious VIP at this club and it was my regular. I didn't pay her at all. I told the manager and the bouncer and rolled out. I don't think I came back for a few weeks but when I did she wasn't there and no problems for me. I'm always very generous tipping and taking care of girls but I didn't feel bad at all with what I did.
  • max_starr
    2 years ago
    I recently had an employee at a regular bar in wynwood try to snatch $100 bill that I dropped on the floor. She was trying to run for the door into the back with it. I jumped around her and blocked her and took the bill back out of her hands. She called the head bouncer and now I have five guys on me. The head guy says, You touched one of my staff members. I said, I dropped $1000 on the floor and had picked it all up except for the last 100 which she grabbed and started heading to the back with it. I simply blocked her and took it back. I had five witnesses who saw it all and he listened to them. He just said, don't let it happen again (touching staff), so I replied, I will be careful not to drop any more money. I stayed there another couple hours...A short time later a patron tried to grab a guys backpack and run off with it and he was not so nice. This dude was about to pound this woman into the ground...
  • IvySnow
    2 years ago
    Seems to happen to you guys a lot. Does it? I would think most clubs would not like that. Gives them a bad rap. I preferred dancing at smaller clubs with regulars (once every 2 weeks) where it would be bad to piss off a girl or a patron. If I ever did that to someone it would be a miscount. I prefer to get an extra tip for special service than for ripping you off. That said, girls see some pretty bad stuff as well.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    It's fair to say that it has happened to anyone who has been a more-than-occasional strip club customer over the years. So ... we've all been there. That said, it really doesn't happen all that often.
  • max_starr
    2 years ago
    Its really only happened to me once in 20 years, I think most girls have a better sense for business than that.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    It happens to me, but very rarely. I try to minimize my ROB risk with a new to me dancer by applying the following gates… * when we get to the LDA, and a song is playing, i motion them to sit by me and say “let’s wait for the next song to start” * as the first dance is about to begin, I ask “how much are your dances?” * when a dance ends, I ask “so that’s one, right?” (or two or three, or however many it is) Once I know them a bit and have trust, I dial the above tactics back. If they struggle to adhere to or fail one of these gates, I cut them loose with a terse “thank you very much” and never repeat. I always pay whatever they’re asking, but the gates minimize the impact to the point where I’m out the cost of one dance at most. Which is what I think of as the cost of trying something new anyway. You may waste your $40 in one way or another… you may detect a ROB, air dancer, or low talent dancer, cut your losses and move on. Worst case scenario you’ve had a pretty girl in your lap for a few minutes, which is pretty good. I have a similar approach for getting to extras, though the gates are a bit more subtle and rely on a degree of intuition. There’s also not the “judgment” factor. If a girl doesn’t want to do extras, I don’t want to put the both of us in the position of being frustrated in a higher dollar higher expectations context. So, I don’t judge her for not wanting to go there but also don’t let her get away with implying something that isn’t actually on offer, which keeps us from going there in the first place. If a girl is a ROB however, I do judge her. Bad Stripper!!! Demerit!!! Of course I’m a conflict avoider and the outcome (done, pay, and no repeat) is the same in either case.
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    One time. A really hot Cuban sold me $20 dances for $50. I took her by the hand and showed her the sign that said $20 dances. But said I'll pay her $50 coz she knows her worth. She wouldnt take more than the $50 and we just got wasted together lulz
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion