tuscl

Born After 2005? You Can Never Buy Tobacco

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Sunday, January 30, 2022 5:59 AM

13 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Nothing wrong with that
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Cue black market in 3,2,1…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Isn't Malaysia one of the countries that use caning as punishment for crimes ?
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ I also think chewing gum in public is a punishable crime in Malaysia or maybe that's Singapore, maybe both.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    But cops won't kill you for not being white. There are no rittenhouse vigilantes. No race riots. And they got covid under control
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    If tobacco won't be a part of their culture then the desire for it will dissipate. Besides, they chew betel nuts lulz
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Uh huh, sure. Years ago, when they made pot illegal in the U.S., it just stopped being a part of the American culture and the desire for it just dissipated. Oh...wait...what? But, really. You're not expressing a sincere opinion. This is just you posting whatever you think will create the most churn because that gives you a daily chubby for some reason.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Muddy called it. Everyone knows what happened here during Prohibition... and cigarettes are a whole lot easier to smuggle and distribute than kegs of beer or cases of booze.
    2 years ago
    Different situation misterorange. Prohibition was about trying to stop a whole society that already had an experience and a taste for alcohol. This is about stoping smoking before it gets started. And yes there will be a smallish black market and yes some will flaunt the law but I applaud them for trying to do something.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I agree with 623. Tobacco is a terrible, soulless market. Your product does nothing but addict people and kill them and those around them. At least cannabis and opiates havr some medical applications. Even alcohol, in moderation, has some slight benefits. There is nothing redeeming about tobacco.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Smoking cigarettes is nothing like smoking marijuana. Existing smokers would get them on the black market but the likelihood of someone paying so much to start smoking is extremely low. Unless you're addicted to nicotine cigarettes don't offer any high or thrill It's worse than puff bars
  • SneakyClubster
    2 years ago
    I gotta agree that while tobacco industry is horrible, they also (hopefully) pay their taxes. Banning them creates a black market and puts more people in jail. This would just be widening a war on drugs, and we all know how well the war on drugs is going.....
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Well, it will still reduce the number of smokers. CA's indoor air protections have done this. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion