tuscl

AMA: Online Dating

Tetradon
I'll act nicer if you'll act smarter.
This thread gave me the idea:

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7812…

I've done online dating for years, and met everything from one night stands to serious relationships. I've met maybe 25 women in the last year and have 3 dates in the next week from women I've met online.

Ask me anything about how to be a better online dater!

-T

16 comments

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Are you trying to be Icey ?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ A smarter, better looking, and more hung version, maybe.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon: "A smarter, better looking, and more hung version, maybe."

And humble, too!
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Isn't it a situation where any advice given can't be universally applied but you instead need to take into account the attractiveness of the male and the age of the female? I had a really handsome male friend in college. One time I remarked that women were not promiscuous and he laughed and said that was not true. It wasn't true in his case. Women just do not react the same when a guy is really good looking.

So on internet dating sites the top 20% of guys might do really well and would benefit by being on them. This is especially true of sites with lots of younger women. Younger women would be more interested in recreational sex and less interested in a male provider type. That comes later when they are older. Many young women also haven't learned yet not to try to date guys out of their league. They are susceptible to the pump and dump type of Alpha male.

There probably are some things universally true about all women, though. You mentioned on the other thread that guys should try to avoid being creepy. What are some of the things that you think many women would classify as "creepy" and be a turn off for them? Also, if you don't mind divulging the information, what is your age and where do you have the best success?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @doc, of course Brad Pitt in his prime is going to pull more and better than a fat hairy ugly virgin, but online levels the odds a bit. Especially if you have any wit.

I'm low 40s but I've dated online on and off since the Yahoo Personals days. I've banged everything from 22 year old college girls to board certified physicians. White black Indian Asian Latina.

I'm a handsome guy, but no Brad Pitt. If I have any advantage it's that I'm a smart MF and a great writer. I know how to work that, and that puts me high on the online dating food chain.

And I date good girls, not wannabe sugar babies or bar sluts. I don't do any of the PUA game shit, that scares away well adjusted women. Never been a big one night stand sort of guy. Good girls, once they're comfortable, don't hide their need for the D. I like extras girls too, it's a different thrill, but I want to leave the SC game at some point. On my terms, on top.

As for what's creepy? Sending pictures of your dick, asking a random girl if you want to suck her titties, jokes about serial killers. Just stuff like that. Don't misrepresent what you're looking for. Number one thing is to put them at ease, it comes back to that.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon

You wrote and I quote:

“I've met maybe 25 women in the last year and have 3 dates in the next week from women I've met online.”

Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Great example of creepy behavior to be avoided
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon

You also wrote and I quote:

“Don't misrepresent what you're looking for.”

LOL
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon

You describe yourself and I quote:

“I'm a handsome guy, but no Brad Pitt. If I have any advantage it's that I'm a smart MF and a great writer. I know how to work that, and that puts me high on the online dating food chain.”

Very “humble/modest”...

“Aristotle has referred to this as eirôn, a noun variously translated as 'the mock-modest' or 'the self-deprecating' or 'the reserved'.

Aristotle describes the eirôn as more acceptable than the alazôn, 'braggart' or 'exaggerator' but not so admirable as the truthful man. False humility is prideful.”

:D
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Aristotle has referred to guys like this as "twerpus maximus" who know not that on which they opine.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “Although comments can also be facts, they are more commonly opinion based statements.”
  • rickmacrodong
    3 years ago
    brad pitt isnt really handsome, dude benefits more from his fame and wealth than looks. young john travolta, henry cavill, even hemsworth would be more of the handsome type.

generally on the internet, nobody who posts about being rich, smart, handsome, or hung is any of those things.

getting dates is easy, its the quality of the dates that matters.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I don't think getting dates on dating sites is easy. You have to put in work to try to get the attention of women you probably wouldn't even look at on the streets.

Have you had better luck on sites not designed for dating?

Also don't put so-called good girls on a pedestal. They secretly crave being slutted out. I once met a professional religious girl on yelp. I asked her to do her makeup and dress real sexy for me. She thought she looked like a hooker and men solicited her on her way to meet me. She admitted it turned her on.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @icey, I explain my rationale for "good girls" on the other thread. I use the terms loosely to refer to "upstanding" professional women, who are not strippers, bar/club sluts, or even party girls. Yes, they love being slutted out too. Freakiest girls I've ever been with are the most bougie.

I haven't tried much on "sites not designed for dating." I'm not on most social media (especially not Instagram, urgh).

Online has a numbers game element to it, but I've gotten the attention of, dated, and banged women who I would have thought were "out of my league." It's a different environment.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Tetradon. Thats true about bougie girls. Professional girls have been some of the most dysfunctional I've dated. Especially medical assistants nurses dental hygienists.

It is a numbers game online and takes a lot of effort. Weeding through the bad ones is depressing to me. In person you see someone and you know right away.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    ^^
    ^^^
    @Tetradon & @ceoaticeysangelsllc

“Don’t shame women for enjoying sex...

You people are sick weirdos who are over obsessed with everyone else’s sex lives.

How sad.”

~ Comment on Jenna Marbles’ Video: “Things I Don’t Understand About Girls Part 2: Slut Edition”

In nature, females actively copulate with the most healthy males in addition to their partner, if she has one, as an adaptive evolutionary approach to get the benefits of good variety, to increase the chances for the survival of the species offspring.

“Ultimately, it is the desire, not the desired, that we love.”
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion