tuscl

If your club is showing a PPV how early should you show up to find spac? (MIAMI)

hbk19
Florida
So I'm doing my annual trip to Miami for my birthday and I realized something.... that fricking Jake Paul is having his youtube boxing match on the 18th. Dude this sucks. I need your experience tscl'ers. If I want to be able to get in how many hours in advanced should I show up at the club?

11 comments

• hbk19
    3 years ago
    I'd be trying to make it into Tootsies. I'm there for the weekend.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Depends what club you go to
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I'd go the day before or the day after.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    In clubs where a lotta people go see the fight I'd say go by 9pm but likely you will have jacked-up cover and may get charged for a table.

Alternatively you can hit the place maybe 30-minutes after the fight - often times half the people bail after the fight.
  • hbk19
    3 years ago
    What up papi. Tootsies is advertising it for 9pm but I'm conflicted since its a Youtuber fight and not professional boxing or UFC so it may not be as crazy busy? I think I might go on Friday after seeing Spiderman. Maybe go to Deans on Saturday. They don't have many TVs. Even if they do something I doubt its gonna pack the place.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Why do people go to strip clubs to watch boxing or football?
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    The undercard starts at 9, the main event is scheduled for midnight. Tootsies will probably be busier than usual anyway though, I'd take SC's advice and go today or Saturday. Hit up a club that doesn't really focus on that stuff, like Scarlett's or Deans on Friday.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The fight seems to be PPV and not on YouTube - if it was free on YouTube then I wouldn't expect large crowds since a lot of the people that go to the club to see the fight do it so they don't have to pay the PPV fee - it also seems the main card starts at 9pm - link below has the PPV/time info:

https://www.cnet.com/news/jake-paul-vs-t…

IDK if this guy is a big-enough draw to pack the club like other big fights but in case he is I would think places like Tootsies and Cheetah Hallandale would be the most affected.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Is this that YouTube guy who fights? If so, I wonder how many legit fight fans will care to watch him in the main event?

Usually the real fight fans don’t want to watch a wanna be.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    I'll be with shadowcat.
  • BuckMcNutter
    3 years ago
    Tootsies before its decline was also a great sports bar.
    For NFL Sundays : every game was on , great food and they had some A+ talent.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion