tuscl

$35 million for just one day of work

TheEckster
Wanna go clubbing?
Saturday, December 4, 2021 9:22 PM
Read the article... [view link] Would you take $35 million for just one day of work? I sure in the hell would. That's like winning the lottery. Do you know how many strip clubs you could visit with that kind of $$$$$$$$. Probably all of them.

19 comments

• whodey
    3 years ago
    I Give him credit for putting his ethics ahead of money. I would turn down money for things that go against my ethics within reason. I could see turning down $3500 for something that caused me trouble sleeping at night. I could even turn down $35k if it would keep me up significantly at night, but $35 million would be tough. Of course my bank account is several digits smaller than Mr. Clooney's so it is all a matter of perspective. Personally, it would have to be something truly egregious for me to turn down $35 million. Certainly it would have to be much worse than advertising an airline with ties to an unfriendly country.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Probably Middle East Airline because she was born in Beirut.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    There's a whole page of speculation as to which airline it is, my own guess is it's Saudia, based on his statement they are an ally whose behavior is questionable, he wouldn't want the negative publicity of being linked to Saudi Arabia as his wife is an attorney focusing on human rights.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Or... it might have been El Al. Maybe he's got a problem with Isreal like the rest of Hollyweird.
    3 years ago
    Or he could have worked the day and donated the money. Most causes can do a lot with 35 million.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's probably El AL. It's easy to turn down 35 million when you have his net worth. I wouldn't turn it down.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Unbelievable. Probably not a smart use of money by the airline. I listened to a Freakonmics or maybe Planet Money podcast that talked about studies that showed expensive advertising by established companies/products has a poor return on investment. Think of it - when you’re booking a flight, are you influenced by any thing other than price, fees, flight times and whether it’s non-stop or not? Would George Clooney or anyone else in an ad influence you?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They want to normalize the country. They're buying acceptance for the zionazi occupation
  • Funkycold88
    3 years ago
    I'm with everybody else thinking it's probably either the Israeli or Saudi airlines. Giving Clooney credit for not taking the pay check over the ethics. If I was in his position I would like to think I would make the same decision.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Aside from the fact that nobody would even consider paying me $35 million bucks to hawk their product, I'd like to think I'd turn it down too if it conflicted with my ethics. Of course, finding a way to spend that $35 million *against* the country with which he had a problem. Kinda hard to do with only 35M, but nice to think about.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    If he had just great ethics and principles, he would talk about who he turned down and why, not just have it leaked that he turned down money. Don’t give him too much credit. There’s a calculus about who not to offend and how to virtue signal in Hollywood to keep getting work. You don’t want to end up like Mel Gibson, a talented superstar who went from A plus list to Hollywood pariah.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Logged in under the wrong alias, dickbrain Cacaplop. When have I ever said I was Jewish?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Your two usernames are arguing, Cacaplop. New level of pathetic.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ You not only have time to troll two strip club message boards, but to argue with your other screen names, Cacaplop. SJG isn't even that schizophrenic.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Trolladon why do you keep either attacking people or keep posting right wing drivel on SC message boards?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Icey, you repeatedly denigrate everyone on the board as a "trick" and haven't cited a fact in a political debate since time immemorial. Were you born a dumbass or did you have to work at it?
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Symptoms of a growing wealth gap. Both in the amount offered and he can easily turn it down.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Industry insiders think Emirates is the leading contender. They have deep pockets They fly out of LAX They’ve previously used Hollywood A-listers in their ads
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    And the UAE has a ton of human rights violations...is a center for human trafficking. But its swept under the rug coz everyone likes looking at rich people in dubai
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion