tuscl

Prices and negotiation

bran646
Mwahahahaha
Hello everyone! I was reading reviews and it seemed that everyone was getting rides from the Mexican side of the border to the Zona for $5. I was charged $10, so was I ripped off? In addition, is the going rate in HK now $100 for arriba? I read that some people were managing to get it down to $80. Also, are street girls allowed to go up to the hotel casadas or rizo?

34 comments

• SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Haven’t paid $5 since pre Covid. Maybe try Uber? It’s like $6-7 now but even if it’s $10 who fucking cares. This is TUSCL non penny pinchers anonymous

Rates are $100-150 now for high demand girls. Maybe $80 for desperate ones now.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You'd really be a sex tourist and haggle with a hooker over $20?
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I don’t know what the TJ rates are, but posting about spending an extra $5 for a ride - or haggling to get full sex for $80 - make you seem like a cheap creep!
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @Sancho I have little experience with TJ, and it's more than 20 years out of date. Further south in Mexico, Mexicans resent it when Americans don't care if they're paying more than the going rate for cab rides and such. They feel like it's going to end up pushing up the rate for everyone. In Mexico, even more so than the US, keeping the goodwill of the people around you is important for your safety.

What do you think are the best days and times of the week to go to TJ? "Best" for me would be when the most in-demand BGs are working, but don't try to rush you because there's not so many customers waiting for them.
  • tbot1102
    3 years ago
    bran646, if you count $ like that you won't enjoy HK. Take a break over the holidays and when you feel like you can spend $10 for a trip to heaven followed by $150 for a 30 minute explorations of heavenly sexual pleasures, then return to the various reviews and discussions to map out our adventure instead of worrying about $.If you are still worried about $, repeat this process.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    IMO it's not about being cheap or trying to get the lowest rate; it's about being informed and paying the going/fair rate.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    If those not-in-the-know start consistently overpaying bc they don't know any better then pretty-soon we might be at $200 arribas.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Every time I see the word "arriba", I think of Speedy Gonzalez: "¡ondale, ondale, arriba, arriba!"

Also...quit bitching about an extra $5 or $20 for sex with a hooker in a 3rd world country.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Unfortunately, it's naive to expect that gratitude will be the typical reaction to generosity. If you accept an opening offer of a rate that's 50% higher than the going on, the reaction may be she'll figure you're a fool she can send on his way in 5 minutes with a HJ.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I think it is better to pick the girl you want, and I mean want to be waking up with in the mornings, and then in the strip club to just be generous with her. No benefit in trying to economize. Shouldn't be using P4P as your regular means of sexual gratification.

SJG

Love Mr. LDK82's Asian Girl
    https://www.redgifs.com/watch/darlingins…
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    Yes you're getting a rip off from border taxis especially if you look like a US man & carry luggage. Be careful out there.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Being a cheap foreigner trying to low ball locals won't get you any love. Trying to lowball hookers anywhere makes you look like a mark they won't care setting up
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ YES!

SJG
  • rugrat
    3 years ago
    I have never paid more than $5 or $6. I do not ask price, I hand over the money and get out of the car.

I gave my last taxi driver $6 last time and he said he appreciated the nice tip.

Since they opened the bridge over the Tijauna river a few years ago, the trip is barely 5 minutes now.

I will say I always go to the taxi queue past the set of turnstiles when I get into Tijuana, I walk past anyone offering me a ride.

In terms of Arriba, I paid $100, $100, and $120 on my last visit. I put out $100 each time and the last girl asked for $20 more. All of these were HK girls.

I can't answer on SG, but my impression is only the ones very near the door are allowed to go into Cascada and Rizo
  • bran646
    3 years ago
    Thanks for everyone’s input! Like someone else said, I was just asking to make sure I wasn’t overpaying outrageously. I have money to spend, just making sure I am not getting fleeced.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Your not getting fleeced you're just a cheap fuck, I mean really ten bucks for a cab ride, a hundred bucks to a gal that's sucking your dick and fighting your rolls of fat c'mon spend a bit.
    3 years ago
    As of two weeks ago taxis cost five dollars from the border to the Zona, Confirm with the driver before you get in the car, girls in Hong Kong are $100 for half hour, girls in other bars are more negotiable and the standard seems to be $80. Particularly Chicago seems more negotiable.Street girls cost anywhere from $20 up, and a few of them can go up to the Cascadas or Rizo hotels, I think it depends on whether they have a health card.

I get not wanting to pay over pay because it makes you look like a stupid tourist.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    There's a history in Mexico of robbers/kidnappers pretending to be cabs. Is it really safe to just hail a cab at the border, not use Uber or Radiotaxi or something?
  • rugrat
    3 years ago
    "There's a history in Mexico of robbers/kidnappers pretending to be cabs. Is it really safe to just hail a cab at the border, not use Uber or Radiotaxi or something?" I have taken over 30 taxi rides in TJ and have never had an issue or felt unsafe. The cabs are well marked.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    No issues with cabs in TJ here either. I’m sure it has happened before but sounds like some hysteric boomer border news to me more than anything else.

I guess if you give a shit what a Mexican local thinks about you, or what you spend, you are just wired differently from me and I have no good advice for you
    3 years ago
    Sancho. How a Mexican local thinks of you will DIRECTLY affect how they treat you. I’m not there to leave an impression or make friends but when I’m nice I often get treated nicely back and if that means I get more than a few BBJs instead of CBJs, well I consider that a win.

I’ll thank the gods that I’m wired differently than you appear to be.
  • Greanbeans
    3 years ago
    I’ll be the first to admit that i am a cheap bastard.

Another thing thats true is agree to price BEFORE anything. Taxi or arriba.

$100 for HK bar girl is the current standard. Is she can get $20,30,$100 more from you she will definitely try. Will $20 more break your bank? Prob. not. Will that prevent you from going arriba with her? Maybe, how much do you want her? Enjoy YOUR way.
    But $100 is norm.
    $10 lady drink
    Some girls will want yo get tip during ficha dance. Up to you. Tip or cut her loose.
    Grab a tit, leave a $1. If she gives a little more, leave a little more.

$5 for taxi, maybe $6
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I bet you're the same way with American clubs. .....
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    i’m cheap.
  • Greanbeans
    3 years ago
    @ceoicey by America, i guess u mean USA. Cuz America is from Alaska to Argentina. But yes, I am. Example: I recently reviewed and added a new place in Querétaro, Mex (America) I didn’t know anything about this place. Only comparison was a club i went to in same city(2020), but now closed. So my buddy gets a girl. She is pressing hard for arriba. Starts at 4,000 pesos($200). He doesn’t do arriba but just wants a lapdace. Within the same breath almost, she come down to 3k and finally to 2k ($100). He declined cuz he doesn’t do arriba. No negotiation but she was applying ‘gringo tax’. This helped me understand prices. So when a chica approached me, we get to talking. She starts at 3,500 pesos. I signaled to her with my hands 3-5? She confirmed. I said WOW. I told my other friend $3500. She pulled me and said cuz i like your vibe, your super nice, $2500. But don’t tell your friends. Based on previous girl, i think that's more the going rate. So up we go. She provided great service, tip in order.
    Example 2, Pompano, yup still America. Got info from a veteran tuscl member about prices and what’s up. At the club girl said $225 or $250 can’t remember. But it was on par with the suggested retail price. I proceeded to pay and had a good time.
    Basically I don’t see anything wrong with being informed. Like op is doing

And even thought I don’t club in USA often, yes i still ask the girls, even for a basic lapdance, what are her does and donts. “Lets go to VIP”, sure. What’s included in that and how much is it? For how long? Any surprise fees? Etc
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    When you're going 4 days per week for years like the local San Diegans & myself, you've to be cheap or else you'll be broke fast. I've seen guys going in with $4grands for 5 days and their personal waiters actually came knocking on their room regularly won't leave them alone. "Hey bro, you ready to party? I've a new hot girl for ya."
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    shit.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    "Sancho. How a Mexican local thinks of you will DIRECTLY affect how they treat you. I’m not there to leave an impression or make friends but when I’m nice I often get treated nicely back and if that means I get more than a few BBJs instead of CBJs, well I consider that a win.

I’ll thank the gods that I’m wired differently than you appear to be."

100% same, you're the yin to my yang for sure.

You are talking about treating women nicely, then tying that into somehow negotiating over payment? I agree treating women nicely will result in more BBBjs. Paying them less than they want certainly won't, on average! Haggling over $20 has gotta dry up a pussy in Mexico as fast as it does in the USA. It directly affects how they think of you, like it or not. Paying double is one thing, but haggling a girl down $20 isn't going to elicit favorable treatment from her on average
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You'd think someone would be embarrassed to haggle with hookers and even more embarrassed to admit it
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    So ... no one wants to get ripped off. I get that.

At the same time, based on reviews and discussions, the prices for "arriba" have stayed the same for many years now. So, if the standard price has jumped up a bit, then you should be thankful that it stayed stable for so many years.

You should also be thankful that the price has only just made the transition from double digits to triple digits, because where I am $100 will get a HJ or covered BJ. Or "arriba" with the sort of sex worker who is known locally as a "slam pig."
  • tbot1102
    3 years ago
    I think @SanchoRG said it best. One doesn't want to go overboard and drive-up inflation. OTOH, don't look cheap. Moderate the girl's ask with a decent offer and reach a good mid-point. There is no formula - if a girl with Supermodel looks (or close to Supermodel looks) asks for $120 or $150, would it be better to pass up on those looks (because the in-bed performance is a different topic altogether) and keep looking? Or does it make sense to weigh the options (are there other similar-looking girls who may be willing to undercut her?) in that instant and make a quick decision? One could always negotiate...but the girl knows the landscape better than you do...so she calls the shots. The price-rise can be tempered only if multiple people decide to negotiate and try to pull the prices lower. But what's the probability of custies gaining that group "bargainig power" ? I guess the girls have the upper hand and hence .....give up some ground and enjoy.
    3 years ago
    Sancho did not “say it best”. He said pay what they ask or you will look cheep. I say pay what they ask first and you look like a stupid arrogant but naive uninformed rube of a tourist that is only there to be take advantage of and treated poorly to boot.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I certainly no negotiation expert, but it seems like the basic thing is, you have to convince the other party you'll just take a pass if they don't make a better offer. So, rather than make a potentially offensive counter offer (as it's a very very personal service) I would think you should say something like maybe later, I have to think about it.
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    If you go regularly like every 3 months and spend a lot, on girls & buckets, you'll most likely have a fav personal waiter that you trust. But becareful, he can actually go to the hotel desk & ask where your room is, and then come knocking on your room, even while you take a nap, I've it many times.

On the issue of prices, it has increased almost double this year, both in clubs & outside girls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion