tuscl

COVID race-based health care

Sunday, November 14, 2021 5:54 PM
All criteria being the same except race, blacks and hispanics will get treatment while whites and asians will be denied because of "equity." from Texas: [view link] [view link] from Colorado: [view link]

11 comments

• yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    However, according to this website's stats it doesn't seem that COVID kills any particular race more than another in the USA. [view link]
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    This is racist bullshit. Crawl back under your rock.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    @fagslas we get your whole unhinged leftist persona, but when sge clearly denies him monoclonal because of his race, that is racist. I understand your leftist narratives dont stand up ti truth or scrutiny but you probably didn't even watch the video. Giving different yrstment baded on someone's race is racist. Damn that concepr is so simple you would think even a democrat could understand it. I guess not.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    You know it's sad, but true. Sounds like a class action lawsuit is in order.
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    Just off the top of my head, (1) Monoclonal antibodies are in short supply and the infusions must be rationed. (2) The infusions should be given to those at greatest risk (i.e., fat people, those with chronic kidney disease, diabetes, immunocompromised, etc...) (3) Since it's been well documented that some ethnic groups are more likely to die of COVID, it makes sense to include ethnicity in the criteria for those getting the infusions. Blacks and Hispanics, for example, are something like twice as likely to die of COVID, once infected. Here's the CDC data: [view link] (4) So including ethnicity is a rational criterion to use in this case. (5) It's impossible to tease out the per-capita difference in death rates, by ethnicity, out of the "Statisitca" bar graph, linked by the @OP. For example, 76% of the population is white, but 62% of the COVID deaths are white. Blacks account for 13% of the population but 15% of the COVID deaths. (6) The usual TUSCL members in this thread see racism and white victimization everywhere. It's a kind of sickness. The only goal here is to ration a drug in short supply to those most in need.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    As usual you should avoid your top of head thoughts because per usual you are wrong. "Just off the top of my head, (1) Monoclonal antibodies are in short supply and the infusions must be rationed." Regeneron repeatedly said there is no shortage. Except for when Biden Admin decided to limit where they could send them, basedon some made up reason and to punish states like Florida who handled treating people because he is incapable. Everything Biden does is fuck things up and try to make people's live worse.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    [view link] The interesting twist is that there is no shortage of monoclonal antibodies of any kind nationwide.
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    Anyway, the new antiviral drugs (pills, not infusions) by Merck and Pfizer look like they could be game-changers.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    WE had pancakes this morning.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    The antivirals look good (especially the Pfizer one), and they'll help because they target components of the virus that don't cause variants. One hits RNA polymerase and one hits viral protease. They'll be easier to produce than antibodies, too. Theoretically, escape variants can happen, but I'm not aware of any yet. But I wouldn't call them a "game changer." They'll reduce the death toll in severe patients, and could be given prophylactically to high-risk or recently-exposed individuals, but only vaccines can be given then forgotten about for a while. The real "game changer" is going to be longer-lasting vaccines, and vaccines that can cover multiple variants. In all likelihood, this is going to be like the flu where you get your annual vaccination against the prevalent strain. And since this is the political board, China should pay every nickel of this.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion