tuscl

Baseball Playoffs

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Saturday, October 16, 2021 12:00 AM
Let's get on a different subject. League championship series are starting. Yankees are already gone. Giants and Rays too. We have the Astros vs Red Sox starting tonight . Then the Dodgers vs the Braves tomorrow. Who ya got for those Series ? Who's gonna win the World Series ? I'm a Homer. I'm originally a Texas boy, so I'm gonna go with the Astros. I'll say the Dodgers in the NL. Then the Astors to win it all. Maybe people will stop talking about the Yankees getting cheated a few years ago. Who ya got ?

44 comments

• motorhead
    3 years ago
    I hate the Dodgers - but I think they will win the World Series.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Dodgers are the greatest team I’ve seen this century. Honestly you could make the case Kershaw is your #4 what in the fuck. And that infield Trea Turner and Corey Seager up the middle. It’s ridiculous you can’t even make it up. If I’m putting money it’s on Los Angeles.
  • Njp2019
    3 years ago
    From Boston so watching my Sox somehow keeping their strange post season rolling. Houston is scary and the Dodgers likely being the NL champ is no joke either. Stacked final 4! So happy to not be a Giants fan. Season ending check swing is just brutal.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    dodgers rightfully should be the favorited to win it all. 2 turners, mookie betts, seager and bellinger finally starting to wake up make a real nice batting lineup. stir that with a starting rotation 1-3 that's in the top 3 the team could repeat very well repeat. but do not sleep on the braves. they have bats. look what they did to the brewers starting pitching. that's a top 3 starting pitching rotation.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Dodgers are the new evil empire. They spent 60 million more than any other club. They have individual players making more than an entire team on the low end. I'm all for capitalism but c'mon.
  • PredragDr
    3 years ago
    I want an all red state World Series to get back at banning Georgia as a site All Star Games.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Well, neither series is going the way I thought. Red Sox/Astros are tied at 1-1 and the Braves beat the Dodgers in their first game. It's a good thing I don't actually bet on anything .
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Any team other than the cheating sign stealing Astros.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    As much as I'd like to abide by the wise words of Goldfinger ("fuck L.A."), had to bed on the Dodgers. If Robbie Ray wins the Cy Young this year, he'd be the fifth member of the Tigers' 2014 pitching staff to win it (Ray, Scherzer, Verlander, Price, Porcello).
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Bet*
    3 years ago
    Red sox over dodgers . In 6
  • loper
    3 years ago
    Braves over Dodgers 2 - 0. Redsox take home field advantage. Redsox over Braves.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Astros are in the World Series now. Red Sox bats kinda went to sleep the last two games. Can the Braves close out the Dodgers tonight ?
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Rooting for the Braves dem bums left Brooklyn fuck em 😊😉
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Doyers don't deserve it. Dave Roberts is batshit crazy as a manager. How the hell do you dead-arm Scherzer?!? At this point, all-in on the Astros. Get Greinke a ring. The stars at night...are big and bright... And fuck L.A. [view link]
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Astros vs Braves for the World Series. 1st game is Tuesday night. I picked the Astros to win it all at the beginning of the season and again at the beginning of the play-offs. No reason to change my mind now. Astros will win it all in 6 games.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    I think that the playoffs this year showed how hard it is to win a championship in a full 162 game season. Even $261M wasn't enough to buy you enough healthy players to make it through that long season.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Maybe all teams cheat. Probably do - but if you’re dumb enough to caught (Astros, Patriots) they deserve all the universal hate they get.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Who was it that said If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Will the Atlanta home games be played in Denver?
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Stealing signs has been a part of baseball, on every level, since signs were being given. To me, complaining about sign stealing is just an excuse losers use for losing. You still have to hit a round ball coming at you nearly 100mph squarely. That is not an easy thing to do if you aren't good at hitting already. It's like one of the Tommy Lasorda rants. Golfers have to freeze when someone in the crowd makes a peep but baseball players have to hit a ball at 100mph with people screaming at the top of their lungs.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    People screaming at the top of their lungs is dumb, though. It's constant, white noise. In baseball, or in basketball when someone is shooting free throws, that constant noise is nothing. What they ought to do is be completely silent, and then disrupt that silence at the last second to distract the concentration. I remember a game high school, eight seconds left, down one in an away game, and I got two free throws. The gym went totally quiet. I'd never experienced that before, and immediately got super nervous, legs kinda started wobbling. On the second free throw they did the same thing, but this time one guy yelled just as I was releasing the ball into the air. I mean...I didn't suck, of course I made both (DUH). But that was way way way more effective than just constant AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ...Oh, and despite my late-game heroics, on a night where I should have been showered in non-alcoholic drinks and horny, nubile cheerleaders, we lost because their point guard ran up the court and hit a 15 footer over our point guard at the buzzer. Jerk.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Astros bats come alive again in Game 2. Series even at 1-1. I'm still saying Astros in six games.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    "Stealing signs has been a part of baseball, on every level, since signs were being given." True. A runner on 2nd who, by his own observation, can help the batter gain a small advantage is part of the game. The Astros were using monitors of camera feeds, text messages, smart watches, etc. Sign stealing was done by their replay room guys and then electronically sent to players on the field. Not cool!
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I can’t seem to work up any interest in the Astros vs The Braves sorry but I’ve been focusing on football
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Me either, but I love the irony of Atlanta having the WS after they got screwed by MLB with the All Star game.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ I don't care enough about baseball any more, when I was young I not only knew all the teams and players, but all of the stats, they killed my enjoyment for the game with the strikes, and all of the assorted bullshit that they've been involved with, I still enjoy football but no longer care about individual players, but I root for the Giants in memory of my dad who was as big a Giant football fan as ever lived.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    The Braves have always been my team's arch rivals in baseball. Chipper Jones used to kill the Mets. But after the All Star game nonsense it would be poetic if they won. Any time you can hit back at woke bs I'm for.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    It is funny that Atlanta, and Georgia, are getting this extra attention. To make it even worse for the "woke" crowd, they still do the Tomahawk Chop during the game. With the voting law and Tomahawk Chop, now all is needed is Trump to show at a game in Atlanta to watch the woke crowd go into spasms.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    yeah and get this: they're also still called the braves and not that atlanta baseball team.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    It may just be the Braves year. Astros left way too many base runners throughout the game. Braves up 3-1.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I can't believe there aren't any baseball fans on this board. Braves hit a grand slam to go up 4-0 early. Astros keep plugging away and win 9-5. Now the series goes back to Houston where they can play AL rules again. Now the Astros get another bat.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I feel like SJG bringing up my own threads.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Still want Houston to win so Greinke can get a ring. Ready wish Verlander was around, though.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Fun to see the "woke" get their panties in a bunch. [view link]
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    Caught most of game 5. Pretty good game. Hadn't been following baseball much but interesting now.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    "I can't believe there aren't any baseball fans on this board. Braves hit a grand slam to go up 4-0 early. Astros keep plugging away and win 9-5. Now the series goes back to Houston where they can play AL rules again. Now the Astros get another bat." so do the braves. duvall, soler, joc or whoever the manager decides to put into the dh spot can inflict damage.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    ^ True. The Braves can put in a DH also. But having an AL team play NL rules, puts the AL team at a disadvantage. The AL pitchers do not take batting practice. Very few of them can even lay down a respectable bunt. Moving back to AL rules takes away the disadvantage. Also, the Astros best bat is Alvarez. He is not a very good fielding outfielder. Moving him to DH improves the Astros defense quite a bit. But the Braves have been able to hit on most of the Astros pitchers. So this will be a battle. And yes mike710. The people a Yahoo can go FUCK themselves.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Jorge Soler just went yard for 3 runs. Knocked it right out of the park. Too bad so sad, for the cheaters in Houston.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Ohhhh… Too bad for MLB management, stupid big-shots, progressive racists who tried to screw Atlanta. They thought they were so cute and politically correct moving the All-Star game to Denver, a city that is 61% White, from Atlanta which is 52% Black. Now these bozos have shit all over themselves. Congratulations to the Braves, their fans, and especially all the Atlanta minority owned businesses that MLB fucked over with their misguided politics.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ And FUCK the Houston Asterisks. Their rings from their tainted victory year should be confiscated, and every stat erased.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Those pussies couldn't even win when they had Nolan Ryan. They had to cheat to win.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Saw most of the last game and enjoyed it. Loved seeing the "bat boy" as it was literally the name on the back of the jersey running out on the field amongst the first group of actual players/guys to celebrate after the final out. That guy (bat boy) worked really hard for this championship and was a big key to the Braves win...I'm sure of it! That is the most tv time a bat boy will ever get, so congratulations to him.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Didn't watch it - was curious to see the current-ratings - first thing I looked-at was a Wikipedia page - it shows a graph of how WS viewership has declined over the years (steady trend downward w/ some some peaks here-and-there) - the Wikipedia page also shows the least and most watched WS - least was last year (2020) w/ an avg viewership of 9.8M; most was 1978 with an avg viewership of 44.3M (the page did not yet have the 2021 #s) - the 2nd-link shows 11.75M avg viewership for 2021: [view link] [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion