Anyone been to St. Maarten Recently? Please read

lotsoffun201
Vegas Baby
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:23 AM
Thought this needed to be posted [view link]

4 comments

• lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    sorry for some reason it didn't link properly so lets try it this wayPHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - Dozens of people in St. Maarten are being treated for latent tuberculosis after health officials warned that they may have been exposed to the illness by a stripper infected with an active form of the disease. At least 40 people tested positive after the health department treated an exotic dancer from the Dominican Republic several months ago and sent her home, according to a government news release issued Friday. Health officials struggled to identify those exposed, launching a public campaign to urge anyone who had contact with the woman to seek treatment. They now believe they have identified everyone infected.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Seems to me that could happen anywhere that people congregate in close proximity.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Sounds terrible. I don't mind if dancers stay home when they are sick. I don't want to get sick. Same goes for people working in the restaurants.
  • ArtCollege
    17 years ago
    Good news: there's a good chance you've already been exposed. If you've been infected, there's a good chance you'll never get sick. Better news: treatment is usually simple and effective. Bad news: there's a strain that seems to be resistant to antibiotics. More info on Wikipedia: [view link]. Of all the reasons to stop lapping, this is pretty low down the list.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion