tuscl

Night Driving or Day Driving?

TheEckster
Wanna go clubbing?
Thursday, September 30, 2021 4:48 AM
What do you like better...driving when it's daytime or driving at night?

36 comments

• shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I believe that daylight driving is safer. So I prefer it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Night driving out on desert roads. It's empty and relaxing. I hate city driving though.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Wife and I are car people. It matters not. We drove to Montana and back last February and every time we lift at the gym we drive around afterwards, drink chocolate milk and get high.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m happy to drive during the day. The nights can be a challenge as there seem to be more deer by the roadside - and I would not want to hit one.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    You serious, Clark?
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Night time is a little eerie. 1. Have to watch out for deer where I live. 2. As I age my eyesight isn’t as sharp at night even though I have excellent vision. 3. Unfortunately you still have to be concerned about drunk drivers (at least where I live). 4. If you’re going to speed, police are usually harder to see at night too.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    As much as I hate driving in traffic, I still find night driving boring, especially long distance interstate driving, nothing to see at night except street lights and headlights.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Night driving has risks, but as skiers we find the most dangerous time to drive is 4 - 6 in the morning because of animal activity. So far we have 4 near deer hits; 2 actual dreer/vehicle collisions and i also hit a coyote.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    If it gets me out of traffic I’ll take night.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I feel more confident rolling on an interstate late at night versus going through a city.
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    "Wife and I are car people. It matters not. We drove to Montana and back last February and every time we lift at the gym we drive around afterwards, drink chocolate milk and get high." ^ makes sense... note the sarcasm... Skibum, what you wrote makes as much sense as if you wrote it while high as fuck
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    ^ no wonder you are a sucky attorney... oops I mean, furniture mover
  • THE CHAINDOG
    3 years ago
    I have worked secound shift 29 years, I hate driving at night!
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    Love driving, interstate at night my favorite. Just need a good podcast or talk radio and some WaWa coffee.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The freaks come out at night
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Daytime is preferable. If it’s pretty out, can better enjoy the scenery. Also, nighttime tends to have more road construction projects.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I prefer day driving - can see everything better including unexpected stuff - plus breaking down at night is worse Nighttime driving can be smoother due to the much-less-traffic but I still prefer day and as @spice posted one can appreciate certain nice sceneries
  • TheEckster
    3 years ago
    One thing about night driving is being blinded by the headlights of oncoming traffic.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Day for sure. Nocturnal and corpuscular animals are real dumb
  • AbbieNormal
    3 years ago
    I definitely prefer day driving. Not only is it safer and less stressful, but you can actually get a sense of the scenery and even stop and take in the local culture or the scenery.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    Eckster, you should get your eyes checked for cataracts. Could it be that besides night driving issues, you can't fully appreciate the beauty of the female species, nor see fit to submit a single club review ?
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    Much less likely to nod off behind the way during the day. That's the difference maker for me.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Day driving, easily. I actually hate driving at night. I can't see as good at night and the darkness in general makes me feel less safe.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Daytime... Phoenix is weird. We've got the easiest effing road / freeway system in the world it seems, but every other week there's a story about a wrong-way driver causing a fatal wreck at 3am. That said... There's just something about being out on the open road, outside of the city, as the sun is going down and in the early darkness, especially out here in the desert. I totally understand you old farts and your "Sunday drive"... it's therapeutic. "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair..."
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I try to keep long distance driving within bounds, like 300 miles max. I got used to this limit decades ago. Now I try to keep it even less, like 200 max. I used to prefer night driving. Even the main highways have less people. Now I try to plan it so I can do it in the daytime. Enjoy the scenery and the stops. SJG TJ Street [view link] Jeff Healey - All Along The Watchtower [view link] OMS Martinism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^ As I have grown older I have increasing come to prefer keeping regular hours. When I was much younger I would do most things by pulling all nighters. SJG
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I generally prefer daytime driving for longer distances for all the reasons previously discussed, deer, hogs, visibility, police, etc.. However, there are some City/Highway combos that are just brutal during the daytime. I will get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to leave rather than drive thru Chicago, Houston, Miami, or Orlando at anytime after 7 AM.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    For once - I thought SJG would post a comment with pertinent insight - possibly about the dangers of bicycle riding at night - without proper reflectors. As usual, his comment consists of inane rambling.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I also like to bicycle ride at night. The bicycle is my prefered mode of transportation. I just don't always get to use it as much as I would like. SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Thank you SJG. That is a pertinent comment. Bicycle riding at night can be enjoyable - I agree. It can also be dangerous if drivers are distracted.
  • Goodclubrep
    3 years ago
    Day driving is much safer for the most part. As someone said, you can enjoy the scenery, fewer deer, better access to services if needed, and motels don't want to rent until 3:00 PM anymore. In the old days, pre-a/c, we drove cross country from 2:00 or 3:00 AM until around 3pm then repeated. It was a lot cooler.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    How is this even a topic people commented on?
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    It actually sucks because I have to drive 2.5 hrs tonight in the dark by myself. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Sorry babe, would you like me to drive you 👍😁
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I think daytime driving is usually better unless it is somewhere with insane traffic even outside of the usual rush hoursssss. If someone is on a long road trip I would say daytime drive places like the west coast then night time drive the extremely hideous shitholes like Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi etc.
  • TheEckster
    3 years ago
    You also have to watch out for pedestrians while driving at night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion