tuscl

Clubs to try

I’m interested in starting to travel and dance but I’m not sure where to go. I’d like to stay on the eastern part of the country for right now. I’m not sure what area my body type would do best in. So if y’all will give me some recommendations I’d really love it ❤️

38 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    You're pretty and have a nice body, but your body type isn't super niche (i.e. Suicide Girl, BBW, hip hop video model, etc.). I imagine that you'd be able to find a club in almost any Eastern region and do well. The clubs that do specialize in a very narrow column of dancers may be the ones you want to avoid.

Aside from that, I think you'd do better to determine (A) what kind of club atmosphere you want to work in and (B) how much contact do you want to have with customers. And then look at the club reviews in specific regions to see if they fit what you want.
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    CMI gave some good advice. Wherever you travel please keep us posted you have fans on this site who would love to meet you.

Unfortunately, I can’t recommend the clubs in my immediate area( Florida panhandle). Not that you wouldn’t fit in, but my impression is that it’s hard for any dancer to do well. I would love for you to come and give it a try. I just can’t be sure you would make a lot of money though. Hopefully, our paths will cross in some location before too long.

I would reach out to some of the dancers on this site that do travel a lot. Blah, nicespice, and Pink Sugar Doll come to mind.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    So this is by no means a list to go by, just club names I vaguely remember off the top of my head that dancers have mentioned more than once. They may be great they may suck but the attention to them probably counts for something. Def do your own research.

PT Showclub Portland Maine
    Desire or Foxy Lady Providence RI
    Mardi Gras Springfield MA
    Hartford CT (or Groton) Mynx
    Manhattan: sapphire or ricks if going “competitive” vivid or hoops or sapphire 39 if wanting it “less competitive” flash if you don’t mind their four days a week 8 hours shifts rule and will stay a while.
    Brooklyn: Pumps
    Gogo Rama Laurance Harbor NJ
    Stiletto or Bare Exposure Atlantic City NJ
    Blush Pittsburgh PA
    Philly I think it’s a clear white girl/dive divide…? but I could be very wrong. Heard mixed things some like some don’t
    Carolinas I think is your territory so not comment lol
    Atlanta GA …clubs are up in the air with facing city legal issues? Hear most about pink pony and oasis
    Florida way too many places lol. Only going to list areas and not clubs. Tampa, Clearwater key west (if you want to for money for a license), fort Walton beach, west palm beach (if you want to fork money over for a license) Miami would be rough club wise, but maybe not bad overall because of the abundance of cheap hostels and if you get a good flight deal, cocoa beach.
    Pony Huntsville Al if you want to fork over money for a license
    Vu Lansing MI
    Vu Saginaw MI
    Legends Detroit MI

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    You would play just about anywhere Jazz. I don’t know how far your willing to exactly travel on the east coast. I have no experience clubbing I’m the south other than Florida. But up here in the Northeast strip clubs ain’t dying. NYC, Philly even on the weekdays some of these clubs can get packed. I don’t even fuck with it on weekends anymore but should be good from a dancer POV. The industry ain’t dying in these neck of the woods that’s for sure.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Your body type is hard to gauge given the weight fluctuations in those pics (not implying that you aren't attractive in any of those pics), but I'm going to assume that the slightly heavier pics are more accurate right now.

Given how bad things are in Greensboro right now I don't blame you for looking elsewhere.

All these brain dumps, with listings of their local fav clubs and long lists of locations are all well and good, but obviously you also have to think about costs if you're traveling to dance. Some of those larger cities are both very expensive to stay in and have clubs that can be hard to get into. IMHO you're better bet right now might be to find a smaller southern city, especially with the snow birds soon to return.

The clubs are hopping in Florida right now. Places to check out might include Cocoa Beach, Tampa metro area or Jacksonville (especially Wackos or one of the nude clubs). Given your background in a place like SS Johnny I'm sure you'd be able to make it work in one of these places as they have the right combination of busy clubs and cheap local hotel options.

In any event good luck!
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Rick bags on others for brain dumping their local clubs then proceeds to say “come to Jacksonville and my local club wackos!”

You’re so cute when you’re being unapologetically douchey. Lol
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Only because Jacksonville meets the criteria of a small southern city with a number of club options and cheap hotel choices. I never connect my tuscl name to my in person club activities, so I have no vested interest in her choice.

• rickdugan
    3 years ago
    But just to be more specific Jimmy as you reach for a Midol, anyone who thinks that a girl who: (1) is accustomed to NC cost structures; (2) has a fair number of tats; and (3) who may currently be a bit thicker than she might ideally like; should rush up to an expensive city in the hopes of getting hired in clubs that already have more dancers than they can handle is a fucking moron.

NYC, by way of one example, is definitely on that list. By all reports the clubs are difficult to get into right now AND the money is very inconsistent due to a lack local office workers. The house fees are also very high in those clubs. Any dancer who travels to work in NYC right now will start each shift at least a few hundred in the hole between house fees, lodging and meals even assuming that she can get into a decent club at all. That's a recipe for quickly forcing a girl into desperation activities just to survive, especially if she's trying to float herself on slower weekday nights.

I'm not saying that the OP isn't attractive because she is, but as a travel dancer IMHO she'd be putting herself in a much better position to succeed by going to places where: (1) the money is still good with lots of customers, (2) many clubs are actively hiring dancers with different body types; and (3) the costs are much more manageable.
  • WavvyCain
    3 years ago
    Vivide in Atlanta or club platinum in Atlanta is your answer. You’ll make great money.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Okay. Florida isn’t exactly exactly under the radar. It’s great there agreed, but there’s ALWAYS girls flocking in and it tends to get over-saturated at times. (And I believe that was the subject of more than one OTC brag threads from yours truly) I’d recommend anyone who goes to Florida to drive in, so that if one spot is too full of dancers, then it’s easy to migrate elsewhere quickly. Heck I’d recommend that period, but for Florida that goes double.

Nitpicking on nyc when there was a giant overall list is ridiculous. And yes the list was giant on purpose, because if somebody doesn’t have any specifics of where they want to go, then general “good reputation” clubs isn’t a bad start, to at the bare minimum check reviews and maybe refine what is being looked for.

But even if NYC *was* the only place mentioned, if going balls to the wall at a club, there are hostels there that being the costs down. (And an entire whole hotel room probably isn’t necessary when focused on work) I double checked and there’s a couple of airbnb listings too that makes things more affordable too. Not an option for me because I have a doggo, nor would it be everyone’s preference. Just saying that it doesn’t have to be anywhere near as expensive as you’re strawmanning.

Btw, there’s been recent uptick of dancers posting about that region. And with matching reviews on tuscl to boot. Which btw in general I’ve noticed if more than one tuscl review is coming in for a club region in a row, and it’s NOT the ordained “loved” clubs on here—it’s because tusclers are a small sample of bodies coming in the door because they have a reason to be there. Heck if I didn’t have to considerer my dog, I might have tried to high tail there with my dog there instead planning on going to Minnesota—and given the area a try before that euphoria dies down. (And if it didn’t, oh well there’s plenty of cities to bail to) Oh and if the most upscale clubs don’t work out, there are the one notch-down places like Vivid, hoops, and sapphire 39 that I don’t think is that difficult to get in.

Not saying it’s the right place to go by any means (it could suck for all I know), just that it’s not worth automatically crossing out because they had covid restrictions longer than other places.

P.S. Speaking of which, Minnesota has been fantastic for me for the past three shifts I’ve been doing, and there is more than one place that can actually be good at any time. Even if the governor is a democrat and not Ronnie-boy. 🙂
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Nice, I highlighted NYC because muddy was promoting it AND you mentioned both Manhattan and Brooklyn. Also if you're going to give advice to someone it's best if you know what you're talking about first. If anything, $300 in the hole per shift is a conservative estimate. And if this leads to you trotting out 10 screen names to amp up the trolling for a while then so be it. 😁

You'd be hard pressed to find anything for less than $100 per night (including NYC lodging and sales taxes) on a consistent basis in NYC and that includes hostels. Then add club shift fees, which are easily $100 and often more in better NYC clubs. Then add meals and incidentals, including subway fares. At very best she's in the hole $250 per shift and that's assuming she works every single day. But since the reality is that very few dancers work every single day, she also has to float her expenses for those non-earning days as well.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Jazzy- I’d rule out DC MD VA. Scene here is subdued from a few years ago and I don’t see many girls making easy money. Some clubs may be ok and if you are here I’d give you recs, but it’s not especially great. Good luck in your search.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    A wordy post that didn’t do squat to refute that I had already checked Hostelworld and Airbnb and i guess l pressed hard enough in 30 seconds. Heck for hostels I even clicked on the “book” button to see the extra fees. Eh it’s fine. Sure in some areas, I can easily book a campsite for $10-$40/night and easily commute in…but the hostel expenses aren’t the worst.

But once again another reminder, that was only one of several other options on there. Left for one to just have as a *starting* point, that can be paid attention to or ignored. Nobody is recommending NYC *persay*, which no doubt you keep harping on thanks to bitter feelings of getting priced out of the area.

One other area, for example, I included Rhode Island on there despite that I have no personal interest in dancing in that region. Not just because of the mileage expectations but the reputation of how the club is run (especially Desire) BUT it’s mentioned enough positively by some dancers in the past that I felt compelled to include it as a place to at least research.

Maybe if you want more credibility, go after that entry as well or any of the other places in the list. Instead of just attacking NYC and hyping up Florida as the only place with affording lodging and people in the door.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I would personally dance in an expensive area like NYC before a cheap southern shithole like Jax.

It seems like the whole southern US is a complete and utter shithole for dancers that aren't into prostitution or being borderline prostitutes with the level of molestation expected. I mean "southern" by culture or whatever. I wouldn't consider LA/San Diego/Miami etc southern shitholes.
  • Jazzyjazz01
    3 years ago
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions I plan to do some more research on the clubs and cities listed….
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Isn't it football season? I would go to Charlotte as my nearest place with the NFL. I have heard good about The Men's Club and Uptown Cabaret. I loved football season in downtown Minneapolis anyway. Idk how it goes elsewhere.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    (if you're in Greensboro anyway which I think I read somewhere but idk)
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Spice as a Desires regular it seems to me that the dancers should love the place, if they get hired. Getting hired there is difficult and yesterday I noticed that the only hot dancers of Wonderland's terrible dayshift are now all desires dancers. Non-extras women do well here, if they are hot and more importantly personable. I have no idea how the dancers are treated, but my former ATF worked there for 12 years and some of the dancers now have been there between 5-10 years so there's got to be something. I do know that 3 of us spent over $2500 there yesterday by 3 pm.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    @skibum idk, you could probably give better insight than an online dancers. Just heard more than once a lot of girls are pretty possessive of “their” customers. And if you do something perceived as crossing them lots of drama your way. At least at Desire. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "Maybe if you want more credibility, go after that entry as well or any of the other places in the list. Instead of just attacking NYC and hyping up Florida as the only place with affording lodging and people in the door."

It's not about credibility - it's about not talking out of your ass. I don't know those other places as well as I know the club scenes (including common house fee structures) and lodging costs in NYC and parts of FL, so I don't speak to them.

But instead of adopting that same philosophy, you are so entrenched in defending your uninformed opinion that now you're now clutching at straws with sites that are offering dorm rooms shared with other people with shared bathrooms and in which one cannot even bring food - and still at $70 per night on top of $100+ house fees, food, incidentals, etc. How long do you think she can work in NYC without her own bathroom to get ready/keep things in or the ability to watch TV/hang out during her off hours? How good do you imagine her sleep will be if she's working late night (NYC clubs close at 4:00 am) and then has to return to a dorm with people actively rising for the day? 😂

What might be more helpful is if you shared intel on clubs you've actually worked in. Just a thought.

You and muddy might have thought to do the same instead of flapping your gums with meaningless intel at best and bad intel at worst. Even Jimmy, once his Midol kicked in, offered good intel about his area.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    The only place I've ever worked with over $100 house fees was also the place with the best money. Go figure. But it was mainly guys in the couple 100k a year income range and dudes that are willing to spend on a "cheap" $300 bottle just to have a seat and not stand all night.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Years back I knew a few girls that would travel to West Palm Beach to dance at the Spearmint Rhino but that club has gone down hill and shows it's age, I also knew a Miami Beach dancer that worked in Cheetah West Palm, she did well but didn't want the notoriety of possibly running into colleagues down south in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, but the season is starting to heat up, If you're looking for good clubs where you can bank, find reasonably priced accommodations South Florida is most likely your best bet at this time of the year, now's the time to find a club, as they will be looking to fill their roster and season is going to be off the hook this year, gonna be a lot of money chasing entertainers as soon a the north-east and the mid-west get a blast of cold air and some snow, I expect this area to fill up fast.
    P.S. no one is going to vacation in J-ville unless they have family in the area, your best bet will be in the real Floriduh, it might be weird but it's warmer than any where else,
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Jesus Rick always having his panties in a wad. I was just making a general comment on how busy some of the clubs seemed. Not everywhere in the country is like that at all. I have no clue on the dancer side of the house but OTC is difficult so that could be a sign that they don’t need my peasant money. Just sayin.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    @Muddy, Rick doesn't know how to communicate without being an insulting douchebag asshole. Tells other people to take a midol meanwhile his ass needs a permanent prescription.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    To state the obvious, most of on here are custies - and one of the things I've learned in my PL-career is that what a custy considers a good club, and what a dancer considers a good club, can often be different - e.g. many of the hardcore SCers may often choose the busiest clubs w/ the best mileage; some dancers may not like very busy/competitive clubs, and many wanna avoid VHM/extras clubs even if the foot traffic and $$$ is good - additionally, dancers are usually purview to certain "behind the scenes" club details that most of us custies are oblivious to that can also go into determining a “good club” per a dancer’s POV.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Well... Rick has a way of saying things that can be annoying, but I do wanna point out that if you're traveling somewhere and have to share space with people- sleep is going to be a sore point LOL. So keep that in mind if going somewhere that a hotel room is expensive or nonshared airbnb apartment/house/etc is too much money to make sense.

In general I am kinda over it.

People at normal jobs get paid to travel and then make guaranteed money going places. Stripping you gotta pay to travel unless there is some sort of contract involved or some friends or "friends" that will let you stay for free.

That being said, I would say traveling just to travel can be fun if you keep your money expectations down. Otherwise if you are traveling to really be making money then go to places with w/e the fuck clientele you vibe with the most. For example I vibe best with straight up high roller, intelligent men or on the other end of the spectrum- military boys. For some reason a lot of middle income dudes seem to bring out their inferiority complex with me and I just cannot be fucked with that bullshit.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Mea culpa on the tonal quality of my last post. Indeed the last paragraph was never intended for publication. I thought I had deleted it but didn't scroll down in the dialogue box to double check before I posted.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    SPICE - While some Desires dancers are possessive (I have been told) there are a lot of regulars here with money, so its less "work" to keep customers than find new ones. Plenty of new dancers who seem to not be having problems getting customers. The attitude seems to have lessened since covid as a lot of dancers from other clubs came in and now there is a question as to who is who's customer. I am no one's customer, at least in my opinion. I am going to go sit, drink and unwind and then when I am of a mind to do dances I look and see who is available. While I have dancers I like better than others, I have no cf, as the only one worthy of the title in a non-extras dancer, and as we've become friends over the years the dancer/customer vibe has been kind of ruined. If no one I want is available, I just go home. If I go to top golf to drink, I hit golf balls. If I go drinking at the bowling alley, I bowl a few games. If I go drinking at the casino, I sports bet and play craps. If I drink at a strip club I get dances. Historically I never go strip clubbing when I am single and not dating, although to be fair I barely remember that far back.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "So keep that in mind if going somewhere that a hotel room is expensive or nonshared airbnb apartment/house/etc is too much money to make sense."

+1. In the case of NYC though the cost of lodging by itself is just one element. In the Manhattan clubs everyone has their hands in a dancer's pocket, starting with $100+ house fee and continuing with minimum DJ expectations, the House Moms and even makeup girls. Even local girls often go into the club effectively $200 in the hole before they make dollar one, nevermind one who also has to absorb lodging and other travel costs. Shit some clubs, including the now defunct Hustler Club, actually collect their house fees at the start of each shift to ensure that they get paid regardless of how the girls do.

When a girl has a good night that's no big deal since the earning potential is so high. But on a bad night it's a killer. Also the hustle factor in Manhattan is very high and the competition can be cutthroat.

Over the years I met countless girls who tried Manhattan clubs but couldn't deal with the swings, so instead they ended up in nearby clubs in CT and NJ. The problem now though is that the CT clubs are on life support due to the departure of so many large corporate employers and affluent residents, so it's no longer a viable outlet for dancers who burn out in NYC. I've heard the same about NJ as well but I have no firsthand knowledge to support that.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "Spice as a Desires regular it seems to me that the dancers should love the place, if they get hired. Getting hired there is difficult and yesterday I noticed that the only hot dancers of Wonderland's terrible dayshift are now all desires dancers."

I guess the questions that someone like Jazz might ask though are these: Where does a traveling dancer go if she ends up in Providence but can't get hired by Desire? Are the other clubs in PVD good enough to become reliable sources of income?

Idk the answer as it has been too long since I clubbed in PVD, but I will say that every club I visited OTHER than Desire was a shit show last time I was in PVD some years back. Also she's definitely not getting a room anywhere near downtown Providence for less than $125 or so a night including taxes.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    My advice is based on the clubs in the region I know.

I would avoid the eastern Pa clubs as they don’t seem to offer much in terms of consistently good money. You might make decent money in the Philly clubs, but they can be in very sketchy locations.

I would recommend avoiding clubs located in NYC or any of the boroughs. The cost of living can be exorbitant and it may require you to find a roommate - which can pose more challenges/drama.

The DC area clubs are iffy at best. I would avoid them as well.

If you can find a place in central NJ - with reasonable rent - you could try out the clubs NiceSpice mentioned in one of her earlier posts in this discussion. There are many clubs in NJ, and if one doesn’t work for you, there are other options to try. There can be a large number of certain ethnicities working certain clubs, and by reading a few reviews, you will see if you will fit in. In many NE NJ clubs there are Brazilians, Dominicans, and some Eastern Europeans.

I wish you the best as you make your decision.

After seeing your photos, I think you will make good money in any club you choose.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    An alternative to Desires in Providence is the Foxy Lady. I have gone there off and on for 30+ years and its really just been since Covid that I like it. Its tamer than Desires; more touristy; more variety of competing activities; more stage oriented as well. In reality, in the northeast, the more "regulars" oriented the club, the more likely extras occur, not that I would know. My first strip club visit anywhere was 1975 and Desires day shift is the best experience ever imo.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    With so many Atlanta based hounds here I'm surprised that the only real weigh in was a short comment by Wavvy. I don't know how things are now but when I traveled there a year ago there were literally lines going out the clubs on busier nights. Also the stage tipping was very strong from what I could see. Now some girls avoid Atlanta because they are nude clubs, but the OP already dances nude, so I am guessing that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe some other GA hounds can weigh in with an update.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    @skibum, I think regulars oriented clubs in most places are more extras oriented.

@rick It's nice that someone mentions something about some of these high cost clubs etc. At the same time, I feel like girls in Manhattan deal with way better acting and spending clientele than in a lot of other areas. It kinda sucks to pay house fees and have everyone's hand out for your money, but same time it is totally worth it to deal with a lot of high rollers and well trained customers unlike ssome shit hole areas of the nation like Texas.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "I feel like girls in Manhattan deal with way better acting and spending clientele than in a lot of other areas. It kinda sucks to pay house fees and have everyone's hand out for your money, but same time it is totally worth it to deal with a lot of high rollers and well trained customers unlike ssome shit hole areas of the nation like Texas."

I think you mean "exorbitant" house fees blah. But I do agree that some girls do very well there even with the high house fees and other confiscatory behavior of club staff. But of course local girls aren't carrying the extra burdens of another $150-200 per day in travel expenses ON TOP of the big chunk that the club takes.

I should also add that NYC customers are hardly as well trained or well behaved as one might hope, especially those who spring for expensive private rooms. With higher spending comes higher expectations. In fact some girls who work in Manhattan clubs refuse to do private rooms for just this reason, but that wouldn't be an option for a traveling dancer. With the huge nut that she has to cover (club and travel expenses) before earning a single dollar for herself, LD sales likely won't be enough if she wants to walk out with any real money.

I guess my question is: Why would anyone put herself in that position? One bad night would literally put her deep in the hole. Now I've known girls who traveled to NYC to dance, but they had friends already living in the city who they could crash with, which is a completely different ballgame.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Oh, with respect to my comments about Atlanta, I should add that hotels are pretty cheap there right now. Most of their hotels cater to business travelers, but business travel is still way down right now, which leaves lots of deals to be had in decent places.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Those of us who are familiar with you would need to know how you like to dance, extras, two way LD, one way LD, or just singles thrown at your butt.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    aren't
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion