tuscl

If America Had Six Parties, Which Would You Belong To?

Take the quiz: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021…

I highly doubt something like this would happen. The two parties are too entrenched to allow it.
But I’m thinking it might be better than the stalemate we have now.

11 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    There are plenty of parties jn the US. We just keep getting brainwashed into the lesser of two evils lie
  • tempest666
    3 years ago
    Libertarian
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I got New Liberal Party. Maybe.

Israel has the best government structure. They can have 20+ parties, and it still works fairly well. Fairly well is generally as good as gubment gets.

Society has to give people good opportunities, and people got to be responsible and put in the effort to make use of their opportunities. Takes both for things to be good. But we scream at each other that it's all about one or the other of those two things.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The quiz is behind a paywall and I don't subscribe to the NYT.

The single thing that both parties agree on with complete unanimity is that there's shouldn't be more than two parties, which is something I don't love about both parties.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Israel has the best system? yeah nothing says best than having to have 4 elections to get a government that can be dissolved with one person deciding to opt out. That's as stable as a building on fire on 9/11. I am growth and opportunity parety - the real American in the quiz.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I'm almost smack in the middle.

I found these questions too reductionist, weighted too heavily towards theoretical racial issues (which are big for party ID but less for function), and exclusively domestic policy.

They could have used more questions about defense spending and foreign engagements, etc.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Parliamentary democracies are more democratic. The American system has more stability but at the cost of the nation being held hostage by 2 parties of geriatric millionaires gutting the system for their own opportunistic gains. Imagine the fear jn their eyes if we had more parties and coalitions could be built and their rule dissolved if their actions went against the interests of the people.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If America had six political parties, I still wouldn't belong to any of them and reserve my right to vote for the best candidate at that time, BTW the Libertarians would still be idiots, always aligning with the stupidest of any party.
  • chessmaster
    3 years ago
    I couldn't read the article but im pretty much a libertarian now. Fuck the government, democrats especially.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    It says something that all these fictitious parties are far from the center of their graph.

There's no pragmatic sanity party.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Fuck the New York Times. Who cares what they think? It's a paper published by east coast liberals for east coast liberals, who believe that only they know the truth, and the truth is whatever they believe it is. Fake news in black and white.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion