Hate Valet Parking; Mercedes to the rescue......πŸ™ƒ

joker44
In the wind
Mercedes is introducing a new high-end feature to its luxury vehicles called Intelligent Park Pilot. And just as the name suggests, when you engage the system, the car will find its way to the hotel, airport, or restaurant parking garage on its own.

To introduce the new technology, Mercedes created a commercial capturing something we have always wondered about β€” what do parking valets really do with your car when you hand them the keys?

https://youtu.be/D2fTdLO0WKA

Well not quite yet............this disclaimer from Mercedes

"The function can currently not be used. The future use of the function will be possible if national legislation permits operation of INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT and the car park is equipped with the required infrastructure."

But the video IS funny!

8 comments

• san_jose_guy
    β€’
    3 years ago
    Most of my life I have always avoided valet parking, anywhere. I prefer to park on the street.

I have even seen problematic driving at the car dealership when picking up a car from service.

There are legal cases from this too, from dealer service, people who have put video recording devices in their car.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    3 years ago
    I love it my, AMG has a valet option that works as an app on my phone, it's programed to shut and lock the doors 8 minutes after it's been activated when i pick up the car I unlock and remote start, but mostly when I go to anyplace I park the car myself and tip the valet anyway so I can park in the valet section, to me it's worth a few bucks not to have to deal with dings and door chips in my whip.
  • shadowcat
    β€’
    3 years ago
    Will valets park motorcycles?
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    3 years ago
    ^ Not mine Shadowcat, and if you ask our mutual friend Clubber bet not his either
  • shailynn
    β€’
    3 years ago
    I’ve never heard of valet parking goats though. Maybe in certain parts of Mexico, I dunno!?!?!? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • Cashman1234
    β€’
    3 years ago
    I doubt that Huffy will ever have a smart park feature for their 10 speed bikes.

Although I’d give SJG credit for trying to hand his bike lock and 10 speed to a valet - if he ever went to a real strip club.
  • ATACdawg
    β€’
    3 years ago
    Lol, Cash! You barely beat me to it.πŸ˜‚
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion