tuscl

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Do you save all of your messages or do you delete them as you go? My response time was getting really slow when I would click on messages to send a new one. A buddy informed me that he had 13 years worth of our conversations and he had to delete them to get the response time up. so Yesterday I decided I needed to clean house.

I discovered I had messages in there going all the way back to Jan 2008. I have no idea how many messages there were but it took me 2 hours to delete the names of persons I am no longer in contact with. There were 4 that I knew were dead. A few that had changed user names. There were dancers that I knew both ITC and OTC but had forgotten. There were a few still active on the discussion board that I had not sent a message to in 6 or 8 years. I had to delete 2 of them that I have been long time friends with simply because there were just too many conversations. Now I am starting from scratch with them. When I was done I left only about 20 names out of the hundreds that I deleted.

It as kind of a stroll down memory lane.

17 comments

• jmiddle30234
    3 years ago
    I periodically delete them but save the main ones
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Some I keep, because I know that I'll keep messaging with that person.

Other conversations I delete immediately.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Keep them. I want to know what interactions I have had in the past with someone.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I’m totally friendless. I don’t get any messages
  • bubba267
    3 years ago
    Delete as I go in case I leave a device open by accident …😂
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I keep messages for the most part. I guess I figure it’s easier to refresh my recollection of a conversation by reading the actual convo, rather than relying on my memory. In reality though, there probably isn’t a need to do that.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I keep my messages from certain close friends and family members.

I keep some messages from OTC/ITC women on my burner phone. Some send photos - and the photos and previous texts help to remind me of the offerings and the hotness.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    Ditto most folks. One recent change (Last yr or so) is apparent lost capability to delete single PM. Unless I'm overlooking something, now it's all or nothing, either delete all pm's from member, or none at all, no cherry picking single pm.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I like the kind where the girl gets naked and provides a happy ending.

Uh, what? Oh sorry shadowcat, I thought you said "Massages."
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    I don't use the messaging system here much. Over the years I've had a few conversations with a few members. I do, however, have 10,963 messages with SJG as we coordinate our activities around the organization we're building. This may be slowing down my messaging system overall, but in the end it will be worth it to save as documentation for the book I'm writing about the organization we're building.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    "Delete as I go in case I leave a device open by accident …😂"

^ yes bubba267, Ricky has to worry about that because of his wife reading our messages. Lime I keep telling him, just cum out of the closet and it won't matter anymore. 😉
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I haven’t deleted any yet I didn’t know it slowed it down
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Yeah, I notice messages don’t automatically go to the bottom either :/ which can be inconvenient. I should probably delete some message logs even if I don’t want to. It will probably just have to happen.
  • trapdoor
    3 years ago
    Is there a way to delete individual messages or are you saying you delete the entire chat history?
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    td- Afaik, you can't delete single messages from someone you've got multiple pm's from, you'd have to delete the entire history with that member. I've deleted some members that only sent me an isolated single pm. Up until 2 yrs or so ago, I could delete selected pm's from a members I got multiple pm's from, now it's entire member history or nothing.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I delete, part of my risk reduction program.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I ran across about 8 names that I could not delete. There was no delete remark on the right side. I sent a test message to those names and then I was able to delete them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion