tuscl

Chrysler, Vintage and Modern

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Wednesday, July 28, 2021 11:50 PM
Friend has got an old Dodge full sized van, late 80's, that he he wants to fix up. I offered to help diagnose an engine problem. It runs so rich that its almost like it is dripping gas out the tail pipe. Coil springs front, I guess torsion bars, the most distinctive feature of the brand, were only for passenger cars. Has the 318 cid work horse engine. But no more left hand threaded lug nuts on the left side. Friend thinks the Brain failed, electronics box. Probably it is carbureted and it will have an electronic pick up for the distributor, but timing is still determined mechanically. It will have an O2 sensor, and this or wiring may have failed. Likely it will have a duty cycle valve on the carburetor, and this may have failed and this kind of stuff can be real expensive. Or this Brain which must control that could have failed. Super rich mixture will spoil the motor oil, and it can even wash down cylinder wall and ruin engines quickly. Worst is often a stuck automatic choke. And such choke will usually have a 12v heater to make it open quickly. Needs to do front wheel bearings. Seen mid 70's Chrysler Corp passenger cars with sealed bearings, but on this they are still open. If you ask me, you get it totally cleaned out in solvents, I mean clean like the knives and forks you eat with. Then you put it back together, and with the wheels and the break calipers off, you set it. You use multiple iterations to make sure every thing is seated. Make it stop rotating by tightening the castle nut, then back it up and rotate it again, until you are sure it is right. Set it as carefully as you would set a bicycle hug. Then use a new cotter pin of the correct diameter and length. Grease caps can be hard to get off and on without special tools. I have painted locktite black around the seam, like a glue, to make sure it is hermetic. 85mph top speed on the speedometer. This might have been what the gov't wanted back then. If we grow enough corn and make it into ethanol, then we can restore some of these neat old cars, with their comparatively crude power plant and drive train technologies, and be able to drive them around some. No hood ornament, but the 5 sided logo is in the center of the steering wheel. SJG

257 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'm not even a little surprised that you know a lot about maintaining a windowless, full-size Dodge van. Filled with dread? ... sure. Surprised? ... no.
  • axe77
    3 years ago
    Forget the van why not just pick up your friend desertcrub on your Huffy. He can ride the handlebars you guys can give out your candy kids that way?
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Don't forget to attach adjustable bicycle cable locks to the seat mounts to use as ankle and wrist restraints. If you're gonna do it, do it right!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Turns out that this van has Throttle Body Injection. This was common when they did not want to have a separate air box, and wanted to use a traditional round air filter. How does it know how much fuel to put in? Often throttle angle sensor, maybe hot wire air meter, maybe also using RPM from the ignition. Then still want ambient temp sensor, and how warm engine is sensor. But still might have a cold start circuit. Maybe a special injector, or maybe just a special temp sensor. I have seen on other makes this is where the radiator top hose comes out from the engine, maybe 86 deg F. This only takes a couple of seconds. This could be what is screwed up. This van has the same door handles and locks that they were using back into the early 60's. The auto industry was changing so quickly. Lime Green, I think Dodge Charger, or Satellite, or Coronet [view link]
  • shanny72
    3 years ago
    How could one even ride with a handle bar up his ass? Seat post, sure. But a handlebar? I think not
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] '65 Imperial 4dr. How close is this to the original car? And no one makes passenger cars this big anymore. It is bigger than a New Yorker, and heavier, but it still looks similar. Jay Leno, '67 2dr [view link] [view link] [view link] This is why they look like Lincolns, and why Chrysler went to "slab design" across the entire product line. [view link] In 1961, Chrysler scored a coup by hiring Engel away from Ford, where he had designed the 1961 Lincoln Continental. Engel's design themes at Chrysler were a major departure from the fins of Virgil Exner, and instead featured a more familiar three-box design, but with more extreme rectilinear styling. And, at first glance, the total re-styling of the Imperial in 1964 was thought to strongly resemble Elwood Engel’s previous efforts for the 1961 Lincoln Continental. Both cars shared clean, slab-sided body panels, thick C-pillars, and a chrome molding outlining the top of the fender line. However, Engel used subtle curves and parallelogram angles to give the Imperial a distinct and novel look. And that '61 Continental was of course the Kennedy Death Car. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Imperial vs Lincoln 1970, w/ Pretty Girls [view link] '65 to '71, full product line [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    1972 Dodge vs Ford & Chevrolet Station Wagons Dealer Promo Film [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Jay Leno again, 1957. This does look much like the New Yorkers of the day. Going back into the 50's, I don't think they were bigger than New Yorker. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Notice the push button, solenoid switched for the transmission. Chrysler went to 3 forward speeds before Ford did and long before GM did. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    More Jay Leno, 1958 300 D ( push rod hemi head ) [view link] SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    The carburetors either need rebuilding or replacing. For Chrysler products(Dodge) many of their 318 v-8 engines need a double pumped carburetor to keep up with the higher compression since they can run at a higher rpm. Your carburetor needs attention, and a double injector can spray the fuel better than a drippy old carb. You should know better on those older Chrysler motors. Their higher rpm capacity makes them sought after from dirt track racers for years. Gummed up carb is the most common problem on their motors. Watch my special coming up on HBO towards the end of fall!! Bacon!!
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    SJG just regurgitates stuff on the internet and has no real knowledge.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    My friend with the Dodge Van, turns out that he was building cars for demolition derbies, and that he was sometimes driving. He says that those contests were dominated by Chrysler Imperial. I guess because it is big like a Lincoln, and I guess because it has a long rear overhang. As I have seen they usually would attack someone with the car's rear. Cars kept moving until the radiator was broken, then they would soon stop. He says it was also because of that TorqueFlight transmission was indestructible. He says that way back lots of shops knew how to rebuild them, but that today is knowledge is gone. I have heard Jay Leno say this kind of thing too, about the kind of knowledge which was held in machining shops, and which today is much less common. About these transmissions being made of cast iron is something I first heard yesterday from Leno. Need to look into that. But my friend's van, 3 speed automatic, he says it is one of those old type TorqueFlights, he knew the model number. SJG original [view link] Chaka Khan adaptation with lyrics [view link] but do you think this is actually very similar? [view link] And then , Yes 1969, the lost broadcasts [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So it was Torque Flight 727, but this was not the older heavier version. That older version came in in 1956, replacing an older 2 speed version. Remember, Chrysler went to 3 speeds before Ford, and long before GM. [view link] Notice the push button gear shifting for the Imperial. So it was in 1960 and 1962 that they updated and went to aluminum case, and added the Parking Lock gear. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    DeSoto Firedome V8, looks like another push rod hemi-head [view link] DeSoto ran up through 1961 "In 1952, DeSoto added the Firedome with its 276-cid Hemi engine." Elmwood Engel [view link] Elwood Paul Engel was Chrysler Corporation's design chief from 1961 until 1974 Going from Fords and Lincolns to Chrysler Imperials, to Dodge Chargers, to the Turbin car. [view link] [view link] In the beginning of this there is a car's rear view. I had thought it was an old New Yorker. Now I think it is this DeSoto Firedome. [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The Lively Set (1964) a fun movie [view link] 1963 Turbine Car, 1963, Jay Leno [view link] Very surprised that he actually has one of these. They had a version of it in the 1950's. Then they had this second version 1963. But they never did actually bring it to market. [view link] They say there had been 54 of them on the road! And Leno talks about The Lively Set. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I can't a test to this: Here's why the government made Chrysler destroy its 46 jet cars [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So with the turbine cars, Elmwood Engel designed them, then the unibodies were being built by Ghia in Italy, and then they were shipped to the US. In Michigan everything else was added to them, mostly from the bottom. So with the Imperial Limousine that was somehow also being done by Ghia in Italy. Don't know how the logistics for that worked. [view link] SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    Wow, SJG! Nothing like spicing up a riveting discussion thread with those multiple back to back comments about nothing! I thought you want to engage with people on this board, and not get lost in the mega narratives ad nausea (per your own words)? Looks like we have a mega hypocrite on our hands with the OP!! Bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, some impressive Imperials for sale here: [view link] All the more so because no one makes passenger cars this big anymore and so these are so out of step with the times. [view link] I guess it is Jay Leno that has the resources and had assembled the crew of experts to best restore them Seller’s Description: Gateway Classic Cars of Denver is proud to present this beautiful 1969 Chrysler Imperial.From 1969 to 1973 the Chrysler Imperial held the record for the longest non-limousine production car at an astonishing 229.7 inches Nose to tail. This length gifted the owner unparalleled trunk space making it very popular among the Mafia crowd back in the day for uh... ease of transport. Passengers enjoy enough legroom to play hacky-sack with one another with no problems.Equipped with a 440 cubic inch 7.2 liter V8 as standard the 5200 pound behemoth boasts 350 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque. Considering this was all funneled through Chryslers toughest 727 Torqueflite three-speed automatic. Stop what youre doing and think about that. Imagine a mobile home going zero to sixty faster than most cars made a few decades later. (0-60 in 9 Seconds) Options include: Air conditioning AM/Fm Radio CD Player Lumbar Support Power brakes Power steering Power Locks Power seats Power windows White Wall/Radial Tires. Dont miss your opportunity to own a piece of Chrysler history in our Denver Showroom. It can be seen in greater detail including 100+ HD pictures and a HD video at [view link].For additional information please call our sales staff at (303) 872-4722 or email us at [Email Dealer] . Our Denver Showroom located at: 14150 Grasslands Drive Suite A Englewood CO [view link] view 3000+ classics or exotics please visit: [view link] sell your classic or exotic please call us - 303-872-4722 or visit: [view link] Price: $20,000 And so I guess this Elmwood Engel came in in 1961 and took the place of Virgil Exner who had designed: [view link] I am actually familiar with some of those 1950's Exner designs. It is also interesting that Engel had been involved in the design of the Ford Edsel, some of his Lincolns look like Edsels. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler 300 [view link] 363 hp max, V8, but the number had been higher, $42k RWD only 5.7 liter hemi head ( had been 6.4 L ) 8 speed automatic transmission SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The Giant and Luxurious 1957 Imperial - Jay Leno’s Garage [view link] Though these are huge and expensive cars, I remember as a child that there were a real lot of them on the road. 1958 Chrysler New Yorker [view link] These would all have been Virgil Exner designs. SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^ does this MongoL1oyd enjoy talking to himself? He’s the only person whom he’s engaging in this thread. Hey SJG, I tried telling you right away those 318 Chrysler motors are sought after from dirt racing enthusiasts due to the higher rpm capacity and lighter block weight. Somehow you keep rambling on responses song to only your own posts. Library hours are closed, but with this Delta variant they’ll be shutting out the public so you’ll have to go elsewhere for your free internet services, numbnuts!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Just for you Gassagain, sit on it and twirl. [view link] So looking again at the new Chrysler 300: [view link] 17" to 20" wheels and paddle shifters ( a very sensible and modern approach to automatic transmissions ) 300S V8 MSRP* starting at $42,320 Compare models, and these do not get good gas mileage. V8 makes it worse [view link] They authorize you to tow up to 1000lbs. And the V8 version comes with 20" wheels. V8 comes with perf brakes, I guess perforated for cooling. 245/45R20 BSW All-Season Performance Tires these are more extreme tire than found on any car I have seriously looked at before. 160 amp alternator 18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank ( won't go that far on that ) electric power steering ( toyota was the first here, on MR-2) larger rear axle with V8 4 Whl Ind Suspension Performance ( as opposed to "Comfort" for V8, what I most wanted to see ) Horsepower (hp) 363 @ 5,200RPM ( used to be higher, need to read up on Charger and Challenger to make sense of this. ) Curb weight (lbs.) 4,380 Exterior length (") 198.60 Exterior body width (") 75 ( probably most important number for a sense of it ) Exterior body height (") 58.70 Front track (") 63.40 Rear track (") 63.80 some of what the dealers have is at $49k ! SJG
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    San Jose guy. I’m impressed with your interest in some interesting old cars.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Thanks! The one who is impressing me with his knowledge is Jay Leno. Cars are always impractical, and we have to reappraise our taste from time to time. Always need pretty girls to help you make decisions. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So the new V8 Chrysler 300 has 5.7 liters and 363 hp. 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds. What do they have with V6? Can't seem to find it. I know they used to offer 6.4L 470hp. Though it may have been with a 5 speed automatic, not 8. Still more power, and more power per liter. Not sure if it was turbo charged. Okay, ready to look at Dodge, to try and better understand the engine power offerings. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ as I remember, past times, other vehicles, that V6 engine did 292hp. Now ready to look at Dodge. SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^^ there you go yacking it up w/yourself again. Do you even see how weird that is to have a conversation w/yourself f2f like that? It’s infinitely strange. Bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    4" Gaffagain, well start with this and see if it does the job. [view link] New Dodge Charger, starting at $30,288 [view link] Yes V6 Charger 292 hp, but they have a version which can be 300hp Charger R/T can be 5.7 liters 370 hp ( Chrysler 300 was 363 hp ) Charger R/T Scat Pack is 392 cid (6.4 Liters ) and 485 hp, don't know if this is turbo, $39,995, probably not turbo (this is like what I had seen on Chrysler 300 a couple of years back, but 470 hp) SRT Hellcat, 6.2L, 707hp, super charged, 204 mph top speed, $67k SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I wish they offered that R/T Scat Pack engine in the Chrysler 300. This was what I was expecting to find. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Challenger, basically the same engine options, but little increases in the power levels. Might be due to fresh air feeds through faux headlights. They don't talk about the Demon, but I have no interest in that. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    YEah, Charger R/t ( very similar to V8 Chrysler 300) 16 mpg city, same as Chrysler. Charger R/T 6.4L 485 hp, 15mpg city. I am not seeing Chrysler Town and Country, or Dodge Caravan, the mini van. Only Chrysler Pacifica. So they have dropped their mini-vans? I am not sure if anyone, except maybe Tesla, will be building cars in the US. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yes, I look at the Dodge corporate site: [view link] They have pickups, the small VAN (FIAT) and the Promaster ( MBZ FWD ) but they lack the Sprinter (MBZ RWD) No minivans and no more Journey. And no New Dodge Dart. That with Chrysler 200 were the legacy of K-cars. And they had this neat direct high pressure injection I4 engine which was like 100hp per liter (just like the Subaru Sion FRS ) Just the two big cars, Charger, Challenger and the the Durango SUV. Yes, both the Charger R/T and the Charger R/T scatpac have the 245/45/20 tires, same as the V8 Chrysler 300. But the V8 Chrysler 300 is priced as high as the Charger R/T scatpac, even though the Chrysler only has the 5.7 liter 363 hp engine. The Charger R/T Scatpac has the 6.4L 485 hp engine. So they are charging a premium for the Chrysler. I guess it is the mystique of the high end luxury car. I guess it is just what ever you want. Chrysler 300 looks to be about as big as MBZ E class, but vastly less expensive. I guess MBZ S class is a bit bigger. I think of Jay Leno driving around in his '67 Imperial, that is a giant car, big as the Lincoln Continentals of the day. Leno said, "If you worked in a factory, this is the car the boss drove." Well yes, that is how some people thought. Actually most of the bosses I have encountered were driving MBZ E class. But then other real technically oriented managers had things like Dodge Colt, Dodge Dart, and very old Honda Civic. BUt I get his point. BMW sells lots of cars and they are very expensive but usually that are not that big. By the standard of today, the Chrysler 300 is a really big car, though it is not an especially utilitarian car. Seats 5, not really much of a cargo hauler. Why does it interest me? I guess it is the mystique and the legacy of the name plate. I would like better that 6.4L higher power engine which they used to offer. But yes, the car is impractical and conspicuous. SJG Led Zeppelin, Danish TV 1969 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So that 6.4L 392cid engine size is that 300s had in the 50's. This is why Chrysler had it today. But this was never used in the 60's and 70's, in Charger's and Challengers. When those had hemi head engines, the were 426cid, 7liter. BUt the problem is that now they only offer 6.4L on Charger and Challenger, not anymore on 300. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Here for example is a Chrysler 300 with the 6.4L 392cid engine. But probably it has just a 5 speed automatic, not 8 speed [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So, it would be better if they still offered the 300 with that 6.4L engine, 470hp. That sized engine was used in the 300, in the 50's. The car they offer now looks more like an Elmwood Engel "slab design" from the 60's and 70's, or like an MBZ. But the big engine would still be nice. They offer it in Chargers, at 485hp. There are lots of reasons the power maybe higher. It could be just a better fresh air feed, bringing in colder air. That engine size though never had been offered in Chargers and Challenger. My real concern after looking at all this some, is anyone going to be manufacturing passenger cars in the US? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I guess the American car makers, compared to the Germans, have more separated Performance models from Luxury models. And I think the Performance offering has always been influenced by hotroders. Seems that this is what Lively Set (1964) is telling us, starting off with the bucket roaders. And then there was this novel Wheels (1971) an unflatering depiction of the auto industry. And it was made into a TV mini-series. [view link] In the story there is this National Motors, and they made a car called La Mancha, a very conservative model. And they finally have to admit that much of the car buying public would never go for anything like that. So they develop a muscle car. Usually seen as being the story of the Ford Mustang. But it could also be the AMC Javelin. [view link] The car they developed they called Hawk, and that had been a Studebaker name. But it also had gull wings. GMC had the Cheetah, which had gull wings. And John DeLorean wanted to make Trans-AMs with gull wings. In 1987 Chrysler acquired American Motors Corp, getting its Jeep line, and also this line they had made seemingly to go with it, Eagle. [view link] This Chrysler 300 is both Performance, and Luxury, but I think it especially plays to the sentiments for American Luxury, and also that it is about the same size as an MBZ E Class. It is an impractical car, fuelish. But I would like to see higher power. They could go back to the 6.4L engine, 470hp in earlier models, now 485hp in Dodge Charger R/T scatpack. Or they could go to higher power per liter. They have direct high pressure injection in their I4 engines, right around 100hp per liter. The other two makes have things like this. And then the Charger and Challenger HellCat are super charged. They could go go exhaust powered Turbo charging. Ford is getting about 150hp per liter this way. They could drop the displacement down from 5.7L, and still get lots and lots of power. The idea of that RWD floor plan has to be high V8 power! Otherwise, practical cars today are always FWD. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Anyway, if they could lower the displacement to maybe about 4.5L, but get the horsepower up to maybe 450, that would make for a much more appealing car. But it still is not a practical car, just appealing. My concern though is still, is anyone besides Tesla going to be building cars in the US? SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^^ do you enjoy talking to yourself on these threads SJG? You aren’t engaging with anyone, so you’re settling for the meta narratives inside your head. Bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So let me look at the other Chrysler offerings: [view link] So the power levels are always less than the 363 for the V8 300. But they are Pacifica and one called Voyager. No more Chrysler 200, that with Dart, being the legacy of the K-Car. So maybe Voyager is cheaper than the other Pacificas, that having been the name used on the Plymouth vans. One of the Pacificas can seat 8, and that is interesting cause the older and bigger minivans could only seat 7. I still say the V8 Chrysler 300 needs to be higher hp and higher hp/liter. Then they can drop the displacement. Make it about 4.5L and 450 hp. SJG Pleaser 10" [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    One of the things vintage Chrysler usually gave you was a better set of gauges. With the other makes it seemed like they did not like gauges, or they felt that people did not understand them, or that it made the car look complicated. It was not just about cost. And in particular, Chrysler would give you the Drain-Charge gauge. This was important, after you knew the engine was running, and you knew you had oil pressure, you would check drain-charge, to make sure the electricals were working. the D-C gauge sits in the center when the ignition and other stuff are off. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    '65 Plymouth Sport Fury, 383 cid, see the 3 gauges on the drivers left: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    corrected links, Plymouth Valiant, Drain-Charge gauge sits in the center [view link] '65 Sport Fury, usually 383 cid, notice console shift lever for the 3 speed TorqueFlight, and place in console for mechanical link tachometer, and the three gauges on the driver's lower left [view link] These must have been fun times, when gas was cheap and seemingly boundless. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ about the '65 Sport Fury picture. In the years which followed they would be cutting down the size of the steering wheels, as power steering was accepted as universal. And of course a Sport Fury has bucket seats. SJG Nirvana, Reading [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So looking at the engine offerings in new Pacificas: up to 287hp looking at Voyager [view link] 3.6L V6 24valves 3600lb towing capacity ( more than they used to spec on Dodge Journey) 9 speed automatic transmission (wow!) has an auxiliary battery Electric Power Steering engine oil cooler and transmission cooler SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Let me look at the Jeep site. Though the Chrysler passenger cars are not using I4 engines now, I believe that with Jeep you will see these, and by using direct high pressure injection and the associated freedom in valve timing you do get high power per liter. [view link] Grand Cherokee has 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine w/ESS, and fly by wire throttle. says 290 hp. ( better per liter than the Chrysler 300 V8, 5.7 liters, 363 hp ) ^^^ but this is not direct high pressure injection or turbo. Renegade has 2.4L I4 Zero Evap M-Air Engine, and on a 9 speed automatic transmission! they say it is 180hp. So then could a 4.8L V8 do 360hp? No, it is not as high a power per litter as I had expected, and I have seen higher. Imagine a Chrysler 300 V8, with the displacement cut down, but high power per liter, and how that would compare to an MBZ E-Class, regular or AMG. I too am concerned about the viability of Chrysler, but I am also concerned about the other two US combustion automakers. SJG The White Stripes - Jolene. Glastonbury 2002. 4/14 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So as I know, the FIAT Nuevo 500 has its unibody made in Italy, and then in the US it gets a Michigan power train. This is how it was explained at first. Not sure about now. [view link] Right now I see that they have dropped the 2dr. This pisses me off. 2dr was a great feature for the Nuevo 500. And they have dropped the Abarth, which I really liked 160hp from 1.6L Looks like the 124 spider has 4 versions, all 1.4L multi-air turbo. (Is this made by Mazda, the MX-5 engine?) 6 speed manual transmission, but you can get 6 speed automatic. ( 6 speed automatic is like 7 speed manual cause you get your first pair of gears right out of the torque converter ) The abarth gives you performance suspension and "sport mode" ( does this mean active suspension, I do not really like this ) All 160hp, except Abarth which is 164hp Abarth has limited slip rear axle. Curb weight (lbs.) 2,436 Specs and Dimensions, Curb weight (lbs.), 2436, available Curb weight (lbs.) 2,436 Specs and Dimensions, Curb weight (lbs.), 2436, available Curb weight (lbs.) 2,436 Specs and Dimensions, Curb weight (lbs.), 2477, available Curb weight (lbs.) 2,477 Specs and Dimensions, Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) (lbs.), 2941, available Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) (lbs.) 2,941 Such a low Gross Weight, but this is a 2 seater.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So the Nueveo Fiats now all seem to be turbo charged, 1.4L and 160hp. So could they make a 4.2L V8 and get 480hp? I think that would be awesome for the 300. So just to compare, let me look at the MBZ E-Class 4 dr, regular and AMG. [view link] SO they have E-350, and then E-450 ( 4 matic ie AWD, which I do not like, extra weight and extra C/V joints ) 362 HP. Now yes, these are fast cars. And this is more HP per liter than Chrysler. Also very pricey. I can't see that they even make an AMG E-class anymore! We have talked on this board about these models before! Maybe it is the fuel economy standards, or just the high gas prices, or maybe the entire auto industry is just getting screwed up. I do not know. SORRY, they have AMG versions E53 Sedan, E63 sedan, and E63 wagon. Oh, but they don't have the engine sized you would think, E63 sedan has a 4L V8 and 603 horsepower. THis stuff is extremely expensive, but I still think on the Chrysler 300 they could be doing a better job of equaling it. E63 sedan, Prices start at $107,599 This is making 150hp per liter. I think only Ford is doing that. SJG X - The Have Nots [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I guess it must be with you. But remember, you do have IGNORE and THREAD IGNORE. And then there is always for you the Underground Circle Jerk Room. SJG Rizo de Oro [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Lloyd, is IGNORE broken? How about THREAD IGNORE? SJG Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - Live '95 Amsterdam [view link]
  • georgebailey
    3 years ago
    Club ad..
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    '65 Imperial. I'm ure it has a Drain-Charge gauge and torsion bar front suspension, and the left side lug nuts are left hand threaded. And the reason it looks like a Lincoln is that in '61 they were able to hire Elmwood Engel. And notice that this car is a two door. What more could you want? Thing is, no one makes passenger cars that big anymore, not in a long time. [view link] So I need to get some more info about the MBZ E-class 4dr sedan, 63 AMG version. So I am looking at MBZ-AMG E63 S [view link] uses 20" wheels, same as Chrysler 300 V8. And they are 5 spoke, so they follow the bolt pattern. having a hard time finding exact tire size, weights, and dimensions. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    '49 - '53 Chrysler Imperial Instrument Cluster. See +/- 50 Amp drain charge gauge [view link] 2010 Chrysler 300 SRT 8, instrument cluster. No Drain Charge Gauge? Can't drive a Chrysler without a drain charge gauge/ [view link] SRT-8 went up to 470hp on 6.4 liters. Speedo went up to 180 mph. Still, should be power from smaller engine, but it is still impressive. Like Charger r/t scatpack. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Dodge Charger, modern, no drain charge gauge. [view link] I will concede this. We used to have generators and mechanical voltage regulators. Then we had alternators and solid state regulators. And then it went to internal solid state regulators which can measure more things and be more sophisticated. And then better belts to run the alternators a higher RPM. SO maybe the range of load and rpm over which the alternator works well is better. Maybe a volt meter is enough, and easier to install? Still, I did install a drain charge gauge on a european made car. I liked it. And also, I think boats still have drain charge and volts both. [view link] Well, maybe they have moved away from it too. If you had an external to the gauge shut, and active electronics to read it, that would be better. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    OMG, Vdo does not even seem to make the gauges. These were really crude gauges, 30 to 50 amps right through them. External shut, active sensing, and then in the digital instrument cluster would be better. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stewart Warner Ammeter [view link] '69 Dodge Coronet Super Bee, right most side of cluster is ammeter. [view link] Even pickup truck does not have the drain-charge guage. I guess they feel it has technologically out moded. [view link] SJG Gimme Shelter [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, this is a digital upgrade cluster for the old cars. [view link] No ammeter, just the volt meter. I guess the new systems work so well that you don't need the ammeter anymore. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler, Corp History [view link] The Chrysler World Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, also an office for Stellantis North America It began an engineering partnership with Mitsubishi Motors, and began selling Mitsubishi vehicles branded as Dodge and Plymouth in North America. On the verge of bankruptcy in the late 1970s, it was saved by $1.5 billion in loan guarantees from the U.S. government. New CEO Lee Iacocca was credited with returning the company to profitability in the 1980s. In 1985, Diamond-Star Motors was created, further expanding the Chrysler-Mitsubishi relationship. In 1987, Chrysler acquired American Motors Corporation (AMC), which brought the profitable Jeep brand under the Chrysler umbrella. In 1998, Chrysler merged with German automaker Daimler-Benz to form DaimlerChrysler AG; the merger proved contentious with investors. As a result, Chrysler was sold to Cerberus Capital Management and renamed Chrysler LLC in 2007. Lee Iacocca passed away 2019 [view link] [view link] Lee Iacocca books [view link] [view link] Where Have All the Leaders Gone? by Iacocca, Lee A.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Are you thinking of trading your purple huffy bike in for a Chrysler 300? It’s going to take a lot of lawn mowing and aluminum can collecting to save up for that!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Desoto Firedome [view link] [view link] Their first experimental hemi-head engine was made for the war, for Republic P47 Thunderbolt! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, 1952 Firedome 8 [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    You are just a fountain of information aren’t you? Are you sure you’re not a long lost nephew of Lee Iococca?
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^^ OMG!! This fucker is back on here talking to himself in his own threads again! Why the hell can’t he just talk into his own echo chamber on that testosterone lifeboat site he arranged! I swear he goes on and off his meds periodically. Bacon!!
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    That was for SJG, not Shailyn. SJG is a pussy pretending to get some pussy!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I'm a long lost admirer of Pamela Tiffin. [view link] SJG
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^^ she’s dead you fool! You admire dead people?? Bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Wow, FIAT Chrysler EV plan [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat Chrysler unveils aggressive five-year plan [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat Chrysler Automobiles wants to turn Jeep into a global brand and bring Alfa Romeo back to the U.S. as part of an aggressive five-year plan unveiled Tuesday. The company is working to meld Auburn Hills, Mich.-based Chrysler Group with Turin, Italy-based Fiat to create a more nimble global automaker that can better compete with the likes of Toyota Motor Corp., Volkswagen and General Motors Co. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    List of Chrysler Plants [view link] [view link] [view link] I read what the corporate plans are, and to me they do seem sound. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So FIAT Chrysler has got big plans based on its European brand names, especially Alfa-Romeo. That want a stylish line of automobiles, to compete with FORD, VW, and Toyota. 2021 GIULIA 280 hp. So does this mean that they are breaking away from these Dukes of Hazard Mobiles? My objection started with low power per liter on the Chrysler 300 V8, making it for a gas guzzler. So are they breaking with this? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    yeah, used to go up to 505hp Horsepower: 280 to 505 hp [view link] yeah 280 hp is I4. 505hp is 2.9L V6 Engine liters (L) 2.9 Cylinder configuration V-6 Horsepower (hp) 505 @ 6,500RPM Drive type Rear-wheel Transmission 8-speed automatic Entertainment SpecificationDimension Radio AM/FM/HD/Satellite CD None External digital memory control Yes Voice activated audio control Yes Speakers 15
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, so for Alpha Romeo, just ordinary passenger cars, really just the one model, but at a couple of different levels. [view link] Car and Driver [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Maserati MC20 [view link] SJG
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    The OLD AlfaRomeros are fucking cool. one coupe pictured on a Prince Royce album a few years ago.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    I just watch the video for the Maserati that you posted. very cool. but I’ll still choose the Tesla for 1000 Alex. just please give me the audio of the car racing up through the gears.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I agree. They are cool. FWIW, spent a lot of times hands on the wrenches with these basic types of Italian cars. Alfa Romeo had not been one and the same with Fiat - Lancia before. But now FIAT, Alpha Romeo, Maserati, Citroen are what Fiat Chrysler are looking to as their introduction. Does not seem to include Ferrari. They see in Alpha Romeo the chance to make a stylish new entry and to be able to complete with the likes of Ford, VW, and Toyota. And they are moving into electrics as well. Seem to have dropped many Chrysler models, and other models across the line. 280 to 505 HP, at 2L to 2.9L [view link] [view link]
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    I don’t care what size is the car in liters. could be 500 in.³. I just want the most awesome audio car screaming up through the gears. Just so I can play it on the tesla as i floor the accelerator pedal…
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    my youngest daughter has one.. it’s pretty damn quick.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    literally twice as fast as a 6.3 Mercedes sedan i used to have.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Don't have 2dr Fiat Nuevo any more, only the 4dr. But they so have this new 124, and the Abarth version. Really cool. FCA = FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES [view link] [view link] FCA Technology Center [view link] [view link] SJG SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Citroen, founded 1919, seems to be back! Have had relationship with Masserati since 60's [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Old Plants [view link] Sounds like now it is all HQ in Turin. I for one will not be sad when those Dukes of Hazard Mobiles have drifted their last. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Los Angeles 2021 show [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Key people John Elkann (Chairman) Mike Manley (CEO)[1] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] 1000 Chrysler Drive 70 George St, Noordwyk Auburn Hills, MI 48326 United States [view link] [view link] Pro Forma(1) Net revenues of €75.3 billion, up 46% Stellantis fist half 2021 financial reports [view link] Over 72 billion Euros They are giving an address in Amsterdam. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis N.V. is a Dutch-domiciled multinational automotive manufacturing corporation, formed in 2021 on the basis of a 50-50 cross-border merger between the Italian-American[7] conglomerate Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the French PSA Group headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands.[8][9] As of May 2021, Stellantis is the sixth-largest automaker worldwide, after Volkswagen Group, Toyota, the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance, General Motors, and Hyundai Motor Group.[10] The company is listed on Milan's Borsa Italiana, on Euronext Paris and on the New York Stock Exchange.[11] Founded 16 January 2021; 7 months ago Key people John Elkann (Chairman) Carlos Tavares (CEO) Owners Exor N.V. (14.40%) Peugeot family (7.19%) ( never heard of this before ) French government (6,18%) Dongfeng Motor Corporation (5.62%) The executive board of Stellantis is formed by 11 members. Five members come from PSA and leading shareholders (BpiFrance, FFP), while five others come from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and main shareholder (Exor). The remaining seat goes to Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis and former CEO of PSA. [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] March 4, 2021 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stallantis NYSE. [view link] not sure how it works that they also trade on euro exchanges at the same time. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Oh, they are offering the 124 spyder, but they say that production has ended. [view link] [view link] [view link] 2L, 280hp [view link] "Compact Executive Car", and it is their return to Rear Wheel Drive. (still not enough 2dr models) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So I had not realized that GIULIA was the name Alfa Romeo had used for a similar car going back to the 60's. The old cars though I remember well, and we still have a shop that gets them too. Great cars. But at this point we need more 2 door models. Now they have about zero. [view link] Giant facility in Turin, now used by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles It was inaugurated on May 15, 1939 in the presence of Mussolini himself, but the Duce found himself speaking in a cold climate of workers, marked by the increase in food prices due to the politics of autarchy and the fear of the imminent war, which point to leave the stage when a question addressed to the crowd was answered only by a few hundred people out of the 50,000 present. [view link] FCA Turin [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FCA employs 300,000 people and is the worlds 6th largest automaker. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Need to get these 2drs back onto the market [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Pulling the plug on 2dr Fiat Nueveo 500 [view link] Huge loss. But what is the longer term plan? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Awesome 2dr Abarth Pic [view link] They say that in the US, people just have an appetite for larger cars. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat is a storied Italian brand, dating back to 1899, founded in Turin by Giovanni Agnelli, whose family retains some ownership and control more than 120 years later. Today the Fiat brand is part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles or FCA, which has a headquarters in Turin, Italy, and one Auburn Hills, Michigan, which oversees the Chrysler portion of the company. Fiat Group was owned by Fiat S.p.A. until 2014 when it merged into the newly created FCA. The first Fiat was exported to the U.S. in 1908, and a plant in Poughkeepsie, New York, started making Fiats including the Fiat 60 HP and Fiat 16-20 HP in 1909. The Italian vehicles were expensive and coveted, costing about five times as much as a Ford Model T. The Fiat plant was closed in 1917 after the U.S. entered World War I. Fiat returned to North America in the 1950s with the original Fiat 500, the 600 Multipla, and the Fit 1100, 1200, and 1300. The U.S. also got the Fiat 124 Sport Spider and X1/9. But sales were never strong. The brand had a reputation for poor quality, and Fiat pulled out of North America in 1983. It wasn't until 2009, when a bankrupt Chrysler needed help and Fiat took a 20 percent stake in the struggling American automaker, that plans were made to bring the Fiat brand back across the ocean. Chrysler started making the Fiat 500 two-door car at one of its plants in Mexico for sale in North America. In 2013 the electric 500e was introduced in California, and then-CEO Sergio Marchionne famously said he lost money on each unit he sold. The Fiat Ducato and Doblo commercial vans were rebranded and sold as the Ram ProMaster and Ram ProMaster city. For the 2020 model year, Fiat announced it was discontinuing the sale and production of the Fiat 500, 500e, and the performance 500 Abarth in North America. In other words, gone are the best-looking, greenest, and most powerful models. In the U.S., Fiat continues to offer the larger, more practical four-door models. That includes the FiatX, a small all-wheel-drive crossover that was launched in 2015 and has a platform twin in the Jeep Renegade. Also still on the market is the 500L stretched hatchback that arrived in the U.S. in 2013. And Fiat still sells the 124 Spider that was developed in conjunction with the Mazda MX-5. (and yes, here it confirms what I had suspected by the engine size of 1.4L, that the Fiat Nueveo 124 Spider was developed in conjunction with Mazda MX-5. Two very similar cars. )
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    And here FIAT memorandum of understanding with Renault [view link] And a new 500 electric for Europe [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FCA sentenced for paying more than $3.5M in bribes to UAW leaders YIPES! [view link] Fiat Chrysler Loses Third Bid to Decertify Dart Owner Class YIPES AGAIN! Sounds like a class action law suit [view link] Former Ford, Honeywell executive Christine Feuell to become CEO of Chrysler brand [view link] Stellantis job seekers look to build on family legacies, seize opportunity [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Seems like so many model lines have been dropped, and it all looks to be in free fall. But I have to believe that some of it is only temporary. Still though looking to see what their real plans are. I still do not feel that I have a handle on this. [view link] Well, the 124 Spider production is over. So they just have the 4dr Nuevo 500. Not seeing the vans at all! Don't have the little tiny FIAT vans on the Dodge page. They are gone! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Just a check. Saw a nice bright red Toyota Yarus 2dr. Have they brought the 2 dr's back? Shit, I am not seeing any Yarus. They have that FRS/86 2dr. Two doors really are endangered, and not just from Chrysler Fiat. [view link] SJG Robin Trower " Wish You Were Mine" [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    okay, so I look to FIAT Europe and it looks like they have an updated 500 2dr! okay, but these are electric and hybrid [view link] [view link] At least this is something encourageing They still list 124 Spyder [view link] Still not seeing the little vans. But they do have this: [view link] Well they list this for Italy. [view link] But some of these look more like they are made by MBZ, Scandia, or Nissan. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    found this: Stellantis will halt output at Europe's biggest van plant on chip shortage [view link] Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen commercial vehicles Stellantis builds the Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper/Relay vans at its Sevel plant in Italy. "I can confirm production at the Sevel plant will be suspended next week due to a shortage of chips from a supplier," a Stellantis spokesman said on Friday. This was Aug 27th, 2021. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So this is their product plans: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Official financial reports [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    they still put lots of stock in Jeep Wrangler, and Wagoneer. The kind of stuff which only sells in the US. SJG The Myth of Self Control [view link] Paris Night JAZZ - Lounge Jazz - Background Romance Cafe Music for Relax, Study, Work [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    They used to make 2dr, but not now, and these are pricey [view link] 420hp V6, 4100 lbs, 3 liters And then this MC20, don't have any idea how much they want for it. [view link] Don't seem to have specs or a price. But they had said 3 liter V6, 621hp, 202 MPH top speed. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] Lancia Ypsilon, want to know more about this. It the picture they show a 6 speed manual transmission shift knob. [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    112 comments, 108 of them by SJG - god damn you’re an idiot.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Lol, it's like that with all of his threads, yet Founder let's him post his crap even though 99% of us are against it. I just do not understand it. I just skim past most of them all the time now. The only reason I entered this one is I saw from the front page that you commented and figured it would be funny.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ You two Circle Jerkers! They have empty seats, they are calling you! Going to make you attend a mandatory class on how to use ignore. The stellantis web site does not work right on Chrome. But it does work on FoxFire. [view link] So I am reading more now, especially about their EV plan. They took in a record 73 billion, and at over 10% profitability, last year. So they should have money to do whatever they want. But I am still finding their line up lacking in certain regards. Still trying to understand it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat Dino, 124 sport coupe body, but with 3 liter Ferrari V6. People loved these. [view link] Looks like right now, Lancia offers nothing for the US. Maybe the same for FIAT, except for that 4 door version of the Nuevo 500. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] Stellantis EV Plan [view link] Video with Carlos Tavares [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis: EV DAY 2021, Introduction by Carlos Tavares, Stellantis CEO [view link] [view link] Tavares gives the brands 10 years [view link] Carlos Tavares is a Portuguese businessman, and the chief executive officer of Stellantis, the world's sixth largest automaker by sales, formed by the merger of the PSA Group and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. He was formerly the chief operating officer at Renault. Wikipedia Born: August 14, 1958 (age 63 years), Lisbon, Portugal Children: 3 Education: École Centrale Paris (1981), Lycée Français Charles Lepierre SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    More EV day [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Developed 4 EV platforms! 4 sizes. Number 3 is for US style muscle cars. Number 4 is for full sized SUV's and pickup trucks [view link] SJG
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    My first car was a '76 GMC VanDura with a straight six and 3-speed on the column. "Three-on-the-tree" they used to call it. Once a week it would jam when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Had to pop the hood and manually pull the linkage back into place. Loved that truck though.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Was this one of the Dog House Vans, all three firms made them. Engine between the front wheels? Opening the hood, doesn't sound like it. Having to unjam a shift linkage problem, that would get to me. Should be able to fix it. And getting it into two gears at one time would jam the transmission and probably split the case. Stellantis ( FIAT Chrysler) is talking about two different battery chemistries. [view link] SJG
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    SJG WTF? Engine between the front wheels? Duh... yeah, where else would it be. I try and contribute something relevant to your post, instead of berating you like everyone else, and you proceed to one-up me with your superior knowledge of engine design. You really are an asshole. No wonder everyone hates you. Stupid fucking cunt.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The original American vans, all there makes, had the front wheels pulled back, so the engine was between them and the front seat bench was on top of the wheel wells and the engine. This was inspired by the VW Transporter. And often I6. Later the US firms went to the engine further forward, as well as the front wheels further forward. Here: [view link] But yours sounds like a newer type. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis: EV DAY 2021 (Fiat Chrysler) [view link] Harold Wester Chief Engineering Officer, speaking from Italy 4 EV platorms: 1. Unitized body and frame, small cars 2. Unitized, medium and premium cars 3. Unitized, performance and American Muscle Cars 4. Separate Frame, for full size pickup trucks and SUVs More than adequate top speed, very high acceleration, range of at least 300 miles, and quick charging times. In my view, energy costs only 20% of a combustion vehicle. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    speaking next is Patrice Lucas, Cross Car Line and Project Engineering
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Speaking next is Ralph Gilles, Chief Design Officer SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This company is really planning on market dominance. And they have the cash to do it too. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Speaking next is Yves Bonnefont, Chief Software Engineer [view link] SJG Plus Size boob out [view link] Dress with gloves [view link] [view link] [view link] Fat and Ugly [view link] [view link] HK Girls [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Next is Michael Bly, Head of Global Propulsion Systems SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Jean Personnaz, Electrified Power Train Engineering SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    More Stellantis EV Day Carlos Tavares CEO [view link] SJG Yandy Plus Size [view link] Yandy access snaps on ass [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ awesome Stellantis EV presentation. I have some trouble reconciling their kwh per mile numbers. The most difficult to follow is the talk of the battery chemistries, and then the talk of being able to have solid state batteries. I have more to learn. SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Dodge Brothers House, Meadow Brook [view link] Michigan [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I started this thread explaining about a friend who has an old full sized Dodge van, and it needs a tricky fuel injection problem fixed. Well, my friend has passed away. They are calling it a COVID death, and he did die on the ventilator. But it is actually a death caused by serious chronic conditions. In his mid 60's, he has lived a hard life. Troubles with the law both minor an major, and usually off of the health care system. He had a heart condition and diabetes, and a very serious untreated hernia. But he had the biggest heart of any man I have ever met, and in his later years he really improved. I though could seem him slowing down and having a hard time just living, for the last 2 years. F.B. RIP, You will always be dearly missed! SJG Robin Trower [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The only problem I have with this Stellantis plan is just how many car models they have now dropped, and especially dropped from the United States. And then some they have allowed to become obsolete, putting their faith in electrification only. Seems like they should still be trying to stay as strong as possible in combustion, until electrification surpasses it. And then the cost and practicality of all these EVs on the grid. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    One of the issues which jumps out at me in the Stellantis (Fiat Chrysler) EV plan is that they talk only of using IGBT's. As I know, these cannot self commutate. So you could use them for regenerative braking though a AC traction motor, or for charging off of AC ground power. But for using a battery to run a motor, I think not. But I need to look into this more. So they main Stellantis EV day 2021 videos: [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG Right here, BSDM kit! [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    We Are Stellantis [view link] Jan 19, 2021 Stellantis - Will It Work Out [view link] April 1, 2021 Chrysler is Officially Gone, Stellantis Takes Over (Dying Brands, Electric Vehicles, & UPDATES!) [view link] Jan, 26, 2021 SJG BSDM kit [view link] Body Harness [view link] Harness [view link] Harness [view link] Chain Harness [view link] Open Nipple Bra [view link] Open Bra [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    5 Things Chrysler Must Do to Survive – The Blueprint for their Future Success [view link] Aug, 26, 2020 SJG [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^ the criticisms these guys make are the same as mine. Chrysler and Dodge allowed to atrophy, and so many models dropped or going out of date. And then ownership by MBZ was a huge cultural conflice. And I see this in the dropping of the Cab Forward or LH platform, which I thought was great. And then replacing that with the rear wheel drives. MBZ seemed to want to choke off Chrysler. SJG [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Carlos Tavares to Step Down from Airbus Board of Directors in 2022 AMSTERDAM – Stellantis N.V. today announced that Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis, has made the decision to step down from the Airbus Board of Directors at the end of his second term in 2022. This personal decision should allow Carlos to dedicate his full professional time to leading Stellantis to success, together with the leadership team, through this critical transformation period in the automotive industry. 9/17/21 FIH Mobile and Stellantis Establish Joint Venture to Deliver Disruptive, Smart Cockpit Solutions for the Automotive Industry Mobile Drive will be equally owned by Stellantis and Foxconn Technology Group Stellantis accelerates execution of technology roadmap through innovative partnership Shared technology expertise, market experience and intellectual property from both entities will lend to creating an outstanding on-board experience Product development and technology gains will be expedited through the integration of global supply chains Management team of new entity will comprise of senior executives from each company AMSTERDAM, TAIPEI - Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., (“Foxconn”) (TPE: 2317) together with its subsidiary FIH Mobile Ltd., (“FIH”) (HKG:2038) and Stellantis N.V. (NYSE / MTA / Euronext Paris: STLA) (“Stellantis”) today announced that they have entered into a joint venture agreement. Mobile Drive, the joint venture entity, will focus on delivering a smart cockpit solution for vehicles that will disrupt current design conventions and foster the development of intelligent connected vehicles. This update comes after a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was initially signed on May 18, 2021. Mobile Drive will be equally owned by Stellantis and FIH. The partnership has combined Foxconn’s capabilities in ICT industry and smart solutions, with Stellantis’ expertise in the automotive sector, ensuring the growth of Mobile Drive. Mobile Drive will focus on developing infotainment and telematics solutions as well as a cloud service platform, which will aim to deliver a comprehensive smart cockpit solution. Its roadmap of software innovations will include artificial intelligence-based applications, navigation, voice assistance, e-commerce store operations, and payment services integration, amongst others. The hardware innovations will be related to the smart cockpit and telematics box. Through the exchange of intellectual property by its founding entities and the vertical integration of respective supply chains, Mobile Drive will be able to create industry-leading automotive digital services to achieve a seamless user experience in and outside the vehicle. In the future, the smart cockpit solution will not only be available to all Stellantis vehicles, but also to third-party vehicle manufacturers, expanding the reach and impact of the Mobile Drive venture as it aims to be a global leader in smart cockpit and connected vehicle solutions. Foxconn is Taiwanese Sept 24 Stellantis and TotalEnergies welcome Mercedes-Benz as a new partner of Automotive Cells Company (ACC) and raise its capacity plan to at least 120 GWh by 2030 ACC battery cell_internal Mercedes-Benz becomes an equal shareholder of ACC along with Stellantis and TotalEnergies, each with 1/3 equity stake Mercedes-Benz to provide technology and production know-how to Automotive Cells Company (ACC). The partners will accelerate ACC’s development with an objective of at least 120 GWh of cell capacity by 2030 Paris, 24 September 2021 – Stellantis, TotalEnergies and Mercedes-Benz have entered into agreements to welcome Mercedes-Benz as a new partner of Automotive Cells Company (ACC). Following its entry, the partners commit to increase ACC’s industrial capacity to at least 120 GWh by 2030. The transaction is subject to agreement on definitive documentation and customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals. ACC results from the initiative taken in 2020 by Stellantis and TotalEnergies and supported by the French, German and European authorities, to create a European battery champion for electric vehicles. The entry of Mercedes-Benz in ACC is a clear demonstration of the industrial progress and of the merits of the project, which it will strengthen. ACC’s objective is to develop and produce battery cells and modules for electric vehicles with a focus on safety, performance and competitiveness, while ensuring the highest level of quality and the lowest carbon footprint. The updated ACC capacity plan will mobilize an investment of more than seven billion euros, which will be supported by subsidies and financed by equity and debt. The creation of this European battery champion will support Europe to address the challenges of the energy transition in mobility, ensure its security of supply of a key component for the electric car industry. ACC will be supported by a winning trio of partners that combine: A deep technological expertise in battery development with Saft, an affiliate of TotalEnergies, which has more than 100 years of experience in the field of long-life batteries and battery systems. A leading global mobility player with Stellantis that has a clear mission to provide cutting-edge technology to ensure freedom of movement for all through distinctive, appealing, affordable and sustainable mobility solutions. The research and development expertise of Mercedes-Benz, along with its support to the expansion of ACC’s production facilities based on the brand’s benchmark quality standards. “To have Mercedes-Benz join us as a new shareholder is a major milestone for ACC,” says Yann Vincent, CEO of ACC. “Mercedes-Benz will bring a vote of confidence in our technology roadmap and product competitiveness that significantly strengthens ACC’s business potential and underpins our ambitious growth plans. This is our contribution to an electric and sustainable future.” “Mercedes-Benz pursues a very ambitious transformation plan and this investment marks a strategic milestone on our path to CO2 neutrality. Together with ACC, we will develop and efficiently produce battery cells and modules in Europe – tailor-made to the specific Mercedes-Benz requirements,” says Ola Källenius, CEO of Daimler AG and Mercedes-Benz AG. “This new partnership allows us to secure supply, to take advantage of economies of scale, and to provide our customers with superior battery technology. On top of that, we can help to ensure that Europe remains at the heart of the auto industry – even in an electric era. With Mercedes-Benz as a new partner, ACC aims to more than double capacity at its European sites to support Europe’s industrial competitiveness in the design and manufacturing of battery cells.” “We welcome Mercedes-Benz as a strategic partner who shares our ambition to accelerate ACC’s leadership,” said Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares. “Stellantis’ electrification strategy is running full-speed ahead, and today’s announcement is the next step in our plan to be the automotive frontrunner, with all 14 brands committed to offering best-in-class fully electrified solutions that meet demands of customers. This consortium leverages our shared technical expertise and manufacturing synergies, and continues to ensure that Stellantis leads the way the world moves in the most efficient, affordable and sustainable way.” “We are delighted to welcome Mercedes-Benz as a new partner of ACC. This demonstrates the credibility of our initiative taken a year ago with Stellantis and will clearly support our ambition to create a European battery champion. Together, we are bringing all our skills to contribute to the sustainable development of mobility. This new step is another demonstration of TotalEnergies transformation into a broad energy company and of our willingness to extend our footprint in electric mobility. TotalEnergies will draw on the recognized expertise of its subsidiary Saft in batteries and on the industrial know-how of our partners to meet the strong growth of electric vehicles in Europe”, said Patrick Pouyanné, TotalEnergies’ Chairman and CEO. Read More ACC battery cell_external ACC battery cell_internal Back Paris € 16.45 ▼ -2.81 % CONTACTS EMAIL ALERT FCA | PSA A SJG Boob out and maybe crotchless, sounds like they offer crotchless panties [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    june 3, 2021 Foxconn and Stellantis to form Mobile Drive, an advanced digital cockpit company [view link] “Today, there’s something that matters just as much as beautiful design or innovative technology, it’s how the features inside our vehicles improve the lives of our customers,” said Carlos Tavares, Chief Executive Officer at Stellantis. “Software is a strategic move for our industry and Stellantis intends to lead with Mobile Drive, a company that will enable the swift development of connectivity features and services that mark the next great evolution of our industry, just as electrification technology has.” works on foxfire, but not chrome [view link] Stellantis, a conglomerate that owns the Dodge and Fiat brands, will bring its engineering expertise to Mobile Drive. As Bloomberg reports the company sold 6 million automobiles last year. That means it has the reach to mainstream the startup’s innovations across multiple popular fleets worldwide. Why Foxconn is Working So Hard to Break into the Automotive Field Since its founding nearly 50 years ago, Foxconn has emerged as the world’s foremost consumer electronics manufacturer. Last year, the Taiwanese corporation generated $5.36 trillion ($191.2 billion) assembling products for Apple, Nintendo, Dell, and Xiaomi, among others. However, the firm has aggressively worked to break into the automotive industry recently despite its success in another sector. Most likely, Foxconn is trying to expand because it sees which way the wind is blowing. The last few months, the global vehicle industry has grappled with an unprecedented shortage of electronic components. As a result, leading carmakers have slashed their production quotas or temporarily idled their factories. Since modern personal transports require an array of microelectronics just to function, the device assembler sees a major opportunity. Since it makes sophisticated electronic devices, it is a no-brainer for it to join an industry that is quickly going electric and increasingly technologically complex. By founding a cockpit platform company with Stellantis, it can establish a foothold in the most digitalized aspect of contemporary automobile design. Its vehicle-assembly deal with EV manufacturer Fisker provides it with critical infrastructure. And its partnership with Yageo Corp. to create an automobile-focused “small IC” development firm ensures its new ventures will be adequately supplied. Within a decade, Foxconn could be as essential to automotive OEMs as it now is to electronics companies. SJG full backdoor and fantastic paint up [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis Goes From Zero to Many BEVs With Ambitious Electrification Plans [view link] Electric Dodge muscle car and Ram pickup part of Stellantis’ $35.5 billion EV plans [view link] Ford, GM and Stellantis Joint Statement on Electric Vehicle Annual Sales [view link] Video [view link] SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Battery Chemistry and Plans Stellantis Intensifies Electrification While Targeting Sustainable Double-Digit Adjusted Operating Income Margins in the Mid-term [view link] SVOLT's Batteries [view link] Renault and VW to enter EV battle [view link] 4 EV Platforms [view link] SVOLT [view link] SJG look at the different models used for the different colors [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The fact that SVOLT will be one of the future suppliers of battery cells alongside CATL, BYD, Samsung and LG Energy Solution. [view link] SVOLT kicks-off cathode production for cobalt-free batteries At the current expansion stage, the lines will produce 5,000 tons of cathode material key to the company’s cobalt-free batteries. [view link] new cathode material for its NMX cells that consists of 75 per cent nickel and 25 per cent manganese. The new mix renders cobalt, otherwise used in NCM cells for thermal stabilisation, obsolete SVOLT cobalt-free batteries up for order SVOLT publishes details about cobalt-free lithium cells The battery cell manufacturer that emerged from the Chinese car manufacturer Great Wall, has announced that it will adapt the 226 Ah cells to a ‘high-end model from Great Wall Motors’. With its ‘matrix pack design’, this vehicle could achieve a range of up to 880 kilometers. Cobalt Free Lithium Ion Battery [view link] SJG BBW [view link] Backdoor [view link] OMS [view link] links to Yazidi and Esoteric Islam info [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis N.V. Seems to have an unassuming HQ building in Amsterdam, not the big Chrysler place in Michigan or the enormous FIAT place in Torino. Now over 400,000 people. SJG The Brotherhood of the Golden Arrow [view link] BBW [view link] Backdoor [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    When I first scrutinized a Datsun 510 sedan, right away it looked so much to me like a Fiat 124 sedan. [view link] They first started coming in in 1969 as I remember. Impressive. Look at the rear roof posts and the plastic air vents. Most makes do not have visible cabin vents. But FIAT did, and so did Datsun. And later Nissans also often had them. VW Super Beetle did, but their other stuff and most other makes do not. Also the interior of a Datsun 510, and the dashboard and the heating and ventilation controls look like FIAT. A lot was lost when FIAT pulled out of the US. Less still on the road today. [view link] I want to see FIAT come back. I liked that Nuevo FIAT 500 2dr, especially the Abarth. But that is no more here. I want to see it come back, combustion and electric. SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, the FIAT 124 Sport Coupe, this is the one I really liked, look at the pics [view link] [view link] Then it was this that they then made with the V6 Engine which was used in the Ferrari 246 Dino, to make the Fiat Dino. That Ferrari was 2.4 liters and was considered entry level, attempting to get Porsche buyers. Stellantis' Alfa Romeo to launch new model every year to 2026 [view link] SJG IBIZA SUMMER MIX 2021 ↠ Ibiza, Maldives, Thailand, Bali, Paradise [view link] Lacey, understands highest of heels [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Roissy [view link] [view link] OMS Martinism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat 128 [view link] This is the Ralley. These have their shortcomings, like top gear too low, 4000rmp at 60 mph. Tops out around 90mph at 6000rpm. Only 2 3/4 in stroke, so it works out and it does it. But I still love 'em. The FIAT Nuevo 500 2 door I saw as an update, and without the short comings. classic 500. I know that someone here had owned such! [view link] 2013 [view link] I really like these, especially the pricier Abarth. But no more. SJG Two poledancer83 threads, discussion of What Color is Your Parachute [view link] bondage in high heels, so much fun that it should be illegal [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FIAT 128 SC (Sport Coupe) Very small backseat, and also similar to the Hatchback version (3 Porte), and sometimes conflated with SL version, which had different headlights. [view link] Notice the air exit vents, black plastic by rear roof post. Datsun/Nissan has also made cars with these cabin exit vents. [view link] [view link] basic tire size is 145/70/13, and on stamped steel sport wheels. But you can go bigger and to allow wheels, like 185/60/14 [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] The hatchback version, 3P, 3 Portes. And these stamped steel wheels were the basic offering, with 145/70/13 [view link] Plymouth Belvedere 1954 - 1970 [view link] 1967, always seemed neat. Not sure if there was a Dodge version [view link] When there was Dodge version it was Regent. Never seen or heard of that before. [view link] SJG [view link] [view link] Real Life Story of 'O' [view link] TJ Street [view link] The Satanic Temple | Mental Health Abuse and Malpractice [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler, at least in the 60's, and on the ones with V8s, they had a heat riser on the right side exhaust manifold, hose which went up to the snorkel input on the air filter housing. There was a thermostat value down on the exhaust manifold. The spring is usually not tight enough so it rattles, it moves in sync with the engine. It makes sound, it sounds like rod knock. I believe people have rebuilt engines cause of this. The proper remedy is to unwind that spring and then rewind it. Here, this is for A-Bodies ( Dart, Valiant, ect.) [view link] Well, this is for I6, people are offering repair parts: [view link] [view link] SJG House of Harlot Latex [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Left Hand threaded lug nuts for Chrysler [view link] Time moves on, 3rd Quarter Shipments and Revenues: (Works on Foxfire, but not Chrome) [view link] oh, not ready yet: Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm CEST / 7:00 am EDT [view link] Stellantis and LG Energy Solution to Form Joint Venture for Lithium-Ion Battery Production in North America New battery plant to have annual production capacity of 40 gigawatt hours; targeted to start by first quarter 2024 [view link] Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis [view link] Toyota also building battery factory in United States. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    These are made by Mazda. Not making them anymore, but still selling them: I like. [view link] These are about like early VW Rabbit in size, but 4drs. [view link] Sorry, I like the 2dr, totally different shape, and smaller. But no more new ones. Abarth limited edition [view link] Don't know if this is still in the US. 1.4L-> 180 hp. Impressive, but it is Mazda engine. manual transmission, I think 6 speed. SJG
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So I had thought the New Dodge Dart was part of the K-Car legacy, and like the Chrysler 200/Sirus/Sebring. But the Dart had a FIAT transmission and instead of lug nuts it had FIAT style lug bolts. Should we say that it was a FIAT? " Is there a 2021 Dodge Dart? Image result for new dodge dart Dodge Managed to Sell 1 Brand-New Dart in Q1 2021 – Five Years After Its Death. ... That's because the American carmaker managed to sell one brand-new example of this small sedan in Q1 of 2021. This comes five years after the carmaker discontinued this model. " [view link] 2013–2016 Dodge Dart [view link] After Chrysler's merger with Fiat in late 2010, the small Dodge Hornet concept took on a new form to share a Fiat platform.[8] In December 2011, the automaker announced the new small sedan would be called the Dodge Dart. On January 27, 2016, Fiat Chrysler announced the end of Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200 production to redirect its focus towards crossover vehicles. A plan to move production from its Belvidere Assembly Plant to Mexico was in the works but later scrapped. The Dart ended production on September 2, 2016 after failing to meet sales expectations,[47] with a revived Dodge Neon based on the Fiat Tipo replacing it in the Mexican market. So yes it was basically a FIAT, and it could even have had a transaxle made by Hyundai. So no, there is not a k-car legacy. SJG Caramel Star, knows how to make great pictures [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    The bug says buy a Toyota and “Ban san_jose_creep”
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^^ What is your issue Mr. OSU? Sure, Mr. San Jose prattles on posting about shit i don’t care about. But he does. And you’re shitting on his posts. That’s kinda like stealing the retarded kid’s homework and wiping your ass with it before he can turn it in. So I ask again, what’s your issue. Still upset over the school bullies that would use your homework as TP?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So you have to put the wheels onto FIAT's carefully. But was it like this on the New Dodge Dart, 2013-2016? Did it not have hub centric wheels? I find this, though about FIAT 500. This looks very suspect. And remember, that Abarth could do 225km/h, that is 139 miles per hour. great forum [view link] But I like the 500, need to look into this. SJG VampyRaven [view link] Sabrina718 [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Speaking of issues mr fakephildot, I'd ask why you had to take the original phil's name and add a dot to it but we already know the answer to that. The original Phil used to bitch slap you all over the board and use you to mop up the mess, in effect stealing your homework, so being the brave soul that you are you resorted to taking his name and adding a dot to it and now you think you're TUSCL's conscience when in effect you're just reminded that you're the pussy that had his homework stolen in school and never grew out of it as even today you can't flush those memories of it.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Hub Centric Rings ??? [view link] ????, and are these plastic?? [view link] [view link] Hub Centric Rings ??? [view link] ??? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    " What are centric rings needed for? Centric rings are needed when the hub hole (the center bore) on the rim is larger than the wheel hub of the car. The rim manufacturers deliberately make the hub ring as large as possible for the rim, taking in to consideration the hub hole, to allow the same rims to be sold for the various different models of car using hub centric rings. " If I am understanding this correctly, it is totally fucked!! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis committed to new product, three shifts in Windsor [view link] Samsung SDI, Stellantis agree joint electric vehicle battery deal -source [view link] The purpose of the centric ring is to perfectly center the alloy wheel to the wheel hub and hence prevent vibration to the steering wheel during driving and the shaking which typically appears around speeds of 40-60 mph. They show this on a BMW. And wobbly floating nuts and bolts, YIPES! [view link] I really cannot believe that they do this, that this is even lawful. [view link] [view link] [view link] Fiat, Chrysler, and the Power of a Dynasty Clark, Jennifer, 1972-. 2012 book, Nuovo 500 2dr on cover Fiat 500 is not like the old ones. It takes hub centric rims. But needing these special hub centric spaces, and in plastic, on after market rims, blows my mind. And that someone would drive the car around without such is nuts. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FIAT 500 Maintenance Schedule Oil and filer every 8000 miles. Vehicle has cabin air filter. Rotate tires [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    32k miles for spark plugs. Most cars of the last decades have super high voltage ignition, and then real big gaps, and they use $6 all platinum plugs, so they can go 100k miles. But this fiat way is okay. Lubing sun roof tracks is important! YEAH, THEY extend this out to 72k miles and 6 years, inspect all front suspension ( test for play ), and booties on CV joints, and on steering. I add, need to also change transaxle oil, and always check tire wear and front and rear toe in. Need to lube pedal linkages and door hinges and lots and lots of other stuff! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Benson FIAT Studio 500A W Wade Hampton Blvd. Greer, SC 29650-1443 [view link] I don't see that they have any new FIATs. They have one FIAT 500 Turbo, 2016, $11,250. Here they have a new FIAT clearance, but only on the 124 spider and on the 4dr 500 [view link] says they have a 2017 2dr 500 [view link] says they have the new electric version, 200 mile range, 2020 [view link] so they say this is Sept 20, 2021, electric FIAT 500 [view link] right hand drive, meaning UK. ****************************** So I guess Chrysler has a plant in Belvidere Il, which I guess was the reason for the naming of the Plymouth Belvidere, which was also called Dodge Regent sometimes. I had not known this. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FIAT 595 Abarth, Rally Blue and Scorpion Black, 2021, so where are they? [view link] 17" wheels, and four lug fasteners. From the images it looks like nuts on studs. Here is a used 2019 Abarth [view link] this one looks like lug bolts maybe. This used dealer has lots of FIAT 500s this is 6 speed automatic this is 160hp, but don't know where it is. THEY SELL THESE ON THE ABART WEB PAGE, INSTEAD OF FIAT. [view link] 180hp 5 speed gearbox, but robotized [view link] So they run from 145hp to 180hp. Always 5 speed robotized manual transmission. Gone are the 6speed manual and 6 speed automatics. That major components change like this to me suggests that someone else is making them, like maybe Mazda. Always 1.4L I4 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Neat Abarth video [view link] They are making these into a phenomenon like Mini Coopers. Makes sense. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    FIAT of Burlingame, has 500 2drs on their front page [view link] Don't seem to have in inventory any Abarth or other 500 2drs Fiat of Glendale [view link] They have 9 new fiats, all 4dr. [view link] they only have 3, and they are all of the Nuovo 124 Spider type. SJG
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^^ are you ever going to stop claiming you’re involved with sensitive matters that require your firewall to be stronger than the cia, because we know you do nothing of the sort since you type all day at the library on this website to be able to involve yourself in anything important?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Sensitive, CIA grade firewall and CIA protection tactics. So the Nuovo Dodge Dart was a FIAT, and not a legacy of the K-CAR. How about Chrysler 200? [view link] Assembled in Michigan, dropped 2017. Used this FIAT Compact Platform [view link] Holy shit, Jeeps and Pacifica too: Compact: 2010–2020 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Compact Wide: 2013-2017 Dodge Dart/Fiat Viaggio/Ottimo[7] Mid-Size Wide: 2014-2017 Chrysler 200 2017–present Chrysler Pacifica 2020–present Chrysler Voyager 4X4: 2014–Present Jeep Cherokee 2018–present Jeep Grand Commander Sounds like it is the same for Dodge Dart. But both 200 and Dart have been dropped. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So Dart and 200 used the same FIAT platform, and this is the same with Pacifica? I thought Pacifica would be wider. How and where are they doing this, actually shipping anything from Italy? I would have thought that too expensive. [view link] Assembly Canada: Windsor, Ontario (Windsor Assembly) In 2015, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne announced that it would invest $2 billion in developing a new minivan, and overhauling the Windsor Assembly Plant to facilitate its production. a former CEO of Ferrari! [view link] Well, it is an impressive vehicle design. Not seeing anything which connects it to any FIAT platform, or to DART or 200. SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So second generation Chrysler 200 uses [view link] Manufacturer Alfa Romeo (FCA Italy) Chrysler Group LLC (2012–2014) FCA US LLC (2014–2021) Stellantis North America (2021–present) Also called Short wheelbase: Compact Long wheelbase: Compact-Wide or Compact U.S. Wide (CUSW) Production 2010–present So this is made by Alfa-Romeo and used for even Pacifica? Does that mean it is shipped from Italy? The long wheelbase version is called Compact Wide and was used for US-built models of Chrysler sedans like the Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200. Vehicles based on Fiat Compact platform Compact: 2010–2020 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Compact Wide: 2013-2017 Dodge Dart/Fiat Viaggio/Ottimo[7] Mid-Size Wide: 2014-2017 Chrysler 200 2017–present Chrysler Pacifica 2020–present Chrysler Voyager 4X4: 2014–Present Jeep Cherokee 2018–present Jeep Grand Commander All made from this, but does that mean something physical gets shipped from Italy? [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Q3 Report, must make free registration with email address, first and last name, and company name, so they can send you updates. [view link] They have been impacted by the semi-conductor shortage, and they are bracing and preparing for increasing raw materials prices in coming years. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, date a little obscure, but had to have been before 2014. This FIAT platform would be for 200 and Dart, as well as some Jeeps. Weights 174kg, and seems a quite advanced design. But are they making it in Italy for all these North America made cars? [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler has a state of the art engine facility at Dundee Michigan. This article is old, but they are trying to settle on the platform. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] again date ambiguous, but it is about this platform. My question though is how many facilities do they have to make these, and so are they shipping them across oceans? SJG Honeyybunn [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The first incarnation of this platform was the Alfa Romeo Giulietta which was unveiled in 2010. Developed in Turin, Italy, the Compact platform was designed to adapt to future cars of both the Fiat and Chrysler group. Developed a new high-performance platform that uses only a front central part of the floor from the old C-platform. The frame composition is 84% high-strength steel (as opposed to the old C-platform, 65% of which was high-strength steel) and 4% aluminum, and magnesium. The front suspension uses MacPherson Evo struts with aluminum uprights and is 4 kilograms (8.8 lb) lighter than the previous design with steel uprights (as used in the Fiat Bravo). The rear suspension uses an independent multi-link suspension and each of them consists of two lateral links with an aluminum longitudinal arm that mounts the hub and spring.[3] Using aluminium rather than steel, which has a higher density, enabled a total combined weight-savings in the suspension bits of 14 kilograms. The framework for the rear seats and the magnesium alloy cross member reduced weight by 35% in comparison to earlier cars. Developed in Turin, but where is it made for all these different cars? And then why have they dropped so much of their US line up and potential line up. unveiled in 2005 [view link] Still, not finding out what I want. And this idea of platforms is how they are approaching the EV, 4 different size platforms. SJG Honeyybunn [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis Supply Chain, 2021 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis Executive Appointments [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Executive Profiles [view link] [view link] Manufacturing image gallery [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Manufacturing Logistics, can I learn anything about how they operate? [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] might need a free registration to their newsletter [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^^ and like clockwork SJG so baits his last post at 5:30 PM pacific time zone, tye same time everyday that the local library closes. Coincidence? I think not!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    How Car Shortages Are Putting the World's Economy at Risk, Opel plant (Stellantis) closed. semiconductor crisis [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] " I-Fast Container Logistics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FCA, organizes the transport of individual components from the suppliers to the FCA factories, where they are processed and assembled. As soon as the car is produced, another subsidiary of FCA takes over the transport to the dealers worldwide: I-Fast Automotive Logistics. For the transfer from the distribution warehouse to the port, state-of-the-art, natural gas-powered car transporters are used, which represent the sustainable revolution in freight transport. Around 60% of the transports in and out of the FCA plants are environmentally friendly by sea or rail. " The 540 Horsepower Lightweight Alfa Romeo GTA & GTAm Have Finally Arrived [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The 540 Horsepower Lightweight Alfa Romeo GTA & GTAm Have Finally Arrived this has a 2.9 liter V6, and the whole thing is really light. Why is this not in US showrooms right now? 2011 article [view link] [view link] [view link] Penske Logistics: FCA Supplier of the Year, 2020 [view link] Automation and lean supply chain at FIAT Chrysler [view link] James P. O'Connor Head Manufacturing Logistics Engineering US/CA [view link] World Class Manufacturing (WCM) is a structured, rigorous and integrated production methodology adopted at FCA plants worldwide [view link] WCM data [view link] WCM history and some books, but back in 2005 [view link] WCM association [view link] Automation and Lean Supply Chain [view link] Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has 162 plants around the world. How do you tackle the cultural differences you encounter in different countries? Luciano Massone is Head of EMEA World Class Manufacturing & Projects at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. [view link] 2020 Syncreon [view link] Getting the flavor of it, but not answers to my specific questions. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis cutting 1800 jobs and the second shift at the Chrysler Pacifica plant at Windsor Ontario. Oct 15 [view link] because of the global microchip shortage and effects of the COVID-19 pandemic doesn't happen though until April [view link] [view link] oh, they also make the VW Routan, a rebadged Chrysler minivan These plant closures and reductions are reminiscent of the 2008 Great Recession and of the 1930's Great Depression. Everyone fears that they will be permanent. I am still bothered by all the vehicle types that Stellantis is no longer selling in the US. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Here is a PDF chart of their world wide manufacturing operations: [view link] WOW! Oh, only for North America. I do feel now that they must be shipping these FIAT Compact Car Platforms, about 400 lbs each, to North America. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fiat : the secrets of an epoch / Giorgio Garuzzo ; foreword by Alan Friedman ; translation by Alastair McEwen. 2014 Fiat 500 & Panda owners workshop manual / Martynn Randall. (2012) Fiat 850 owners workshop manual : by J.H. Haynes and B.L. Chalmers-Hunt., 1974 Automotive SPICE in practice : surviving interpretation and assessment / Klaus Hoermann [and others] (2008) Abarth : Fiat-based cars / Andrea & David Sparrow. (2005) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This dropping of 1800 jobs and a shift at then Windsor Ontario Chrysler Pacifica facility is of concern. They are announcing this now, even though it does not go into effect until April. By that time the semi-conductor chip shortage will have worked itself out. They must be anticipating slower vehicle sales. Either some new competition, or people wanting smaller vehicles. Mini-vans are the thinking man's alternative to SUV's. But today, some might want to return to the compact cars. Either that, or it just the anticipated slow economy, capitalism is broken. Want to read: Fiat, Chrysler, and the Power of a Dynasty Clark, Jennifer, 1972- + [view link] SJG WOW! The Devil’s Daughters w/ Danny B Harvey - Rock Boppin’ Baby [view link] Beth Hart - Baloise Session 30.10.2018 [view link] Drum Hand [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    auto transport, works with FIAT-Chrysler [view link] FCA to stop B-segment developments due to fusion with PSA [view link] Aug 6, 2020 Fiat 500e for Europe [view link] Jan 18, 2021 PSA & FCA complete Stellantis merger [view link] Oct 31, 2019 According to both vehicle manufacturers, they plan to base a joint venture in the Netherlands which will be held by PSA and Fiat Chrysler, with a 50 per cent stake each. PSA CEO Carlos Tavares is to become the Chief Executive, the Board of Directors is to be chaired by the current FCA Chairman John Elkann, a grandson of the long-time Fiat boss Giovanni Agnelli. [view link] Feb 23, 2021 - 12:51 pm Citroën adds passenger variant for the ë-Berlingo [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    For FIAT and Abarth, the do not have enough dealerships. I mean Bay Area and Los Angeles. Only one or two each. And none have the cars they are talking about, like that Abarth FIAT Nuovo 500 2dr. It reminds me of the early 80's when they pulled out. Made people afraid to hold onto the cars. If they just sell a few cars, they should combine parts, service and selling with Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep. Something still rings wrong to me about the whole set up at present. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Holy Shit, intentional factory explosion: Explosion at Stellantis Windsor Ontario Plant for Chrysler Pacifica Nov 6, 2021 Police in Windsor investigate explosion at Stellantis minivan plant as 'intentional act' [view link] Explosion at Windsor Stellantis plant believed to be 'a deliberate act' [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So PSA Group was merged with FCA ( Fiat Chrysler ) to form Stellantis, with Carlos Tavares (CEO and Chairman of the management board) [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis recalls nearly 250,000 Ram heavy-duty diesel trucks over fuel pump failures [view link] AutoNews Now: Arrest made in Stellantis minivan plant explosion [view link] Stellantis eliminates 200 workers from Tipton plant [view link] SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ On a diesel engine the fuel pump is high pressure, for direct injection, it is powered by the engine and it is on the valve timing chain. But it is also it seems controlled by software. Wonder if the pump was supplied by Cummings. Adult white male arrested. No one had been harmed. Around 200 positions at the Tipton Transmission Plant have been permanently eliminated, but Stellantis says it is expected that most of the affected employees will redeploy to other area plants. Transmission plant. They are saying that this is partly due to the slow downs due to the microchip shortage. Subterfuge. That will be clearing up. It must be because they are anticipating a slower market. [view link] Also 400 let go from Belvedere, and we also have 1800 being let go from Windsor Ontario in April. SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Stellantis 300 Newsroom [view link] No Wonder Stellantis Isn’t Shutting Chrysler Down, People Keep Buying Their Cars [view link] The Chrysler 300 Could Finally Die in 2023 The sun is setting on Chrysler's last remaining sedan. [view link] Yes, it does look like MBZ-E Class, and it lacks torsion bar front suspension, and it was by killing the LS or Cab Forward cars: "The current 300 and its platform-mate the Dodge Charger debuted in 2004 and 2005 respectively, on a chassis distantly related to the Mercedes-Benz E-class of then-partner Daimler. " Stellantis Eager To "Give Chrysler A Future" Feb 2021 [view link] Combined with the merger of FCA and Groupe PSA, there have been fears this could be the end of Chrysler, but Tavares is determined to reinvent the brand. "We consider that this brand is one of the three historical pillars of Stellantis [Fiat and Peugeot are the other two], and of course we are eager, and I am eager, to give this brand a future," Tavares said. Tavares didn't provide any further details, so we'll have to wait and see what the future holds for Chrysler. ************************ Chrysler Division Facing Uncertain Future [view link] " Alarm bells in the US have already begun ringing. Late last month, Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., the great-grandson of Chrysler founder Walter P. Chrysler, sent a letter to FCA management urging them to reconsider the merger out of fear it will hurt American jobs and damage certain brands, such as Chrysler. His proposal calls for a new company called Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram Corporation that doesn't include PSA. Rhode's proposal stands no chance. " Chrysler Founder's Great-Grandson Trying To Stop Merger [view link] The great-grandson of Chrysler Corporation found Walter P. Chrysler, Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., sent a request on December 24 to FCA to consider his merger plan alternative. In short, he doesn't like the idea of his great-grandfather's company becoming a multi-nationally-owned corporation. 2022 Chrysler 300 Soldiers On with Little Change, 10/2021 [view link] *************************** Why Stellantis needs Chrysler Ideas for rejuvenating the 96-year-old icon [view link] New Brand CEO for Chrysler, Sept 2021 Stellantis in September named Christine Feuell as CEO of its Chrysler brand. Stellantis Says It's Sticking By Chrysler. Should It? March 2021 In the sprawling new Stellantis empire, it might make sense for some brands to die so that others may live. Does the herd need culling? [view link] FCA's John Elkann, scion of the Fiat-founding Agnelli family, has become the chairman of Stellantis, and former FCA CEO Mike Manley is heading up North American operations. As much as enthusiasts love their Giulias and 500 Abarths, the Italian invasion led by the late Sergio Marchionne has proved a folly. Fiat's U.S. sales plummeted to just 4304 units last year, from a high of 46,999 in 2012. The Dodge Dart, an ostensible bomb, was finding more than 85,000 buyers at its peak, 20 times Fiat's U.S. sales today. Last year Alfa Romeo sold about 18,500 Giulias and Stelvios here, while Dodge found almost three times as many buyers for its profitable Challenger—and that includes the high-priced Hellcat versions, whose cultural reach and halo impact are immeasurable. On top of that, Dodge sold some 77,000 Chargers, 58,000 Durangos, 40,000 Journeys, and 39,000 Caravans. ^^^^^ Shows graph of how much the various brands sell Stellantis: Fiat Chrysler Merges with PSA, Becoming World’s Fourth-Largest Automaker [view link] You may not recognize the new name, but chances are good you know of Stellantis’ many global automotive brands, including Alfa-Romeo, Jeep, Dodge, and Ram as well as names more familiar in other markets: Citroën, Peugeot, and Opel. With annual sales of approximately eight million vehicles and 400,000 employees, the combined entity becomes the fourth-largest global automaker by volume. The merged company will be headed by PSA CEO Carlos Tavares, who’s no stranger to the American market. The late Sergio Marchionne, who led the merger of Fiat and Chrysler but died in 2018, certainly left a huge mark on the American market, and Tavares would like to have similar impact. Tavares spent two years (2009 to 2011) heading North American operations for Nissan, and had a major role in introducing the Leaf electric car here before running afoul of the formidable Carlos Ghosn. It’s clear that Tavares, who’s fluent in English, has been itching to get PSA back into North America, a market where it has been conspicuously absent since 1991. PSA stands for Peugeot Société Anonyme. The company is a big global player with a strong presence in Africa, Europe and China, but to most U.S. consumers, the company’s brands are definitely “Anonyme.” The core PSA brands, Peugeot and Citroën, both have diehard fans from when they were sold in the USA, but that was decades ago. Citroën abandoned the states in 1974 and Peugeot followed in 1991, a victim of declining sales and the Gulf War recession. Germany’s Opel, purchased from GM in 2017, has provided models for Buick and Saturn in recent years but hasn’t been directly sold in the USA since 1975. May 2021 [view link] With the merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and France's PSA Group to form Stellantis completed in January, everyone remains eager to see what CEO Carlos Tavares has planned for the new automaker's 14 brands. Fortunately Tavares isn't interested in retiring any of the brands just yet, including the likes of Alfa Romeo, Chrysler and Lancia which each have lineups consisting of three models or less. Autocar reported on Wednesday that Tavares said Stellantis is committed to a 10-year investment for each of its brands during a speech he made at this week's Future of the Car Summit hosted by the Financial Times. “My clear management stance is that we give a chance to each of our brands, under the leadership of a strong CEO, to define their vision, build a roadmap and make sure they use the valuable assets of Stellantis to make their business case fly,” he said. “We’re giving each a chance, giving each a time window of 10 years and giving funding for 10 years to do a core model strategy.” SJG Martinism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    2022 Chrysler Lineup: What’s New on Pacifica, Voyager, and 300 [view link] 2022 Chrysler 300: Unchanged Alfa-Romeo 2022, USA Unparalleled performance is the driving force behind the 2022 Giulia, if you're looking for its equal—give up the search. Our performance-driven sport sedan comes equipped with a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivering 280 horsepower and a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds (AWD). ( this is RWD and w/ 9 speed automatic) [view link] base model $43k premium V8 version Giulia Quadrifoglio MSRP* starting at $80,030 Actually this now has 2.9L twin turbo V6, I think 540hp, and 8 speed automatic SJG collar [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Elmwood Engel 1964 Chrysler New Yorker, notice the transmission push buttons. [view link] [view link] FIAT Mirafiori Factory, Turin (Torino) [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link] Baker Gurvitz Army Baker Gurvitz Army 1975 Full Album [view link] [view link] [view link] Shameless Pretty Boy Crooner Eric Carmen [view link] Faces [view link] The Rolling Stones "Midnight Rambler" Marquee Club 1971 [view link] Lou Reed live 2 hours [view link] Egg Cream [view link] Linda Maria Ronstadt was born in Tucson, Arizona [view link] [view link] High Flying Bird , Judy Henske , 1964 Vinyl [view link] Jefferson Airplane Monterey [view link] Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten up (1968) [view link] [view link] [view link] Archie Bell and The Drells - The Origins (FULL ALBUM) [view link] MC5 Looking At You [view link] A Taste Of Honey live - Boogie Oogie Oogie [HQ Audio] [view link] [view link] Born to be Wild [view link] Super Fly [view link] The World Is A Ghetto [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The Cult of the Inventor: Unfortunately in my life I have known a lot of people like this. They believe that they have these great ideas and that with just someone dumping money in their lap they will make zillions. Maybe it originates with the mythic status of Thomas Edison. I don't know, but most of these people are idiots. Often their ideas are just things which amount to perpetual motion machines. This one guy has expressed an interest in a number of things, one of which is electric vehicles. So I told him about the huge commitment Stellantis has made to plug in EVs. He then when on to state a bunch of stuff which is provably false about FIAT and Chrysler. Then we talked about the Stellantis CEO, and this guy asked if he was approachable, as if he would be someone who would be stupid enough to dump money onto him. I finally said, "I am not going to continue this worthless discussion with your". Probably I will not seem him again for another 6 months. SJG Peugeot 508 [view link] [view link] Maggie May [view link] Mr LDK82's Asian Girl [view link] TJ Street [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    So I am sending him this: " [view link] Stellantis has made a major commitment to p-EVs. They are the 4th largest car maker in the world, employing 400,000 people, and many of them in North America. They employ people in everything from factories, to the transportation and parts network, to the dealerships. They work with people who bring skills and a positive attitude, and who want to be part of the team. " Of course skills, positive attitude, and want to be part of the team, are qualities which this guy has none of. With any luck I will avoid having to hear the sound of his voice again for at least 6 months. SJG Rod Stewart [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Front Torsion Bar Suspension was the most distinctive thing about Classic Chrysler! [view link] has height adjusters. I had not known this. How to use a mopar Torsion bar tool [view link] Torsion Bar Removal Tool by Rough Country [view link] I guess you can buy the height adjusters. But you can also buy stiffer torsion bars and anti-sway bars [view link] SJG Stripper Training Manual, how to use sexy dressing and makeup to manipulate men [view link] Stripper Supplies [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Front Torsion Bar Suspension was the most distinctive thing about Classic Chrysler! [view link] has height adjusters. I had not known this. How to use a mopar Torsion bar tool [view link] Torsion Bar Removal Tool by Rough Country [view link] I guess you can buy the height adjusters. But you can also buy stiffer torsion bars and anti-sway bars [view link] [view link] Before World War II (1934), the front wheel drive Citroën Traction Avant had independent front torsion bar suspension and a flexible trailing dead axle, also sprung by torsion bars. The flexibility of the axle beam provided wheel location features like a twist beam axle.[1] Also in the 1930s, prototypes of the first Volkswagen Beetle incorporated torsion bars—especially their transverse mounting style. SJG Stripper Training Manual, how to use sexy dressing and makeup to manipulate men [view link] Stripper Supplies [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Plymouth Duster Torsion Bars Duster Front Suspension and Torsion Bar Removal. Dust or Bust. 1974 Plymouth Duster Rebuild [view link] 1974 Plymouth Duster Part 8 Restoration Torsion Bars [view link] Mopar torsion bar removal [view link] B and E Body Torsion Bars explained. [view link] Garage Gurus | Torsion Bar Leveling Kit Installation [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The Plymouth Duster is a Mostly Forgotten MOPAR Coupe That Was Loved Against The Odds [view link] I remember the advertisements for this, the voice of Lee Iacocca on the radio. Dodge Spirit [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    1971 Dodge Gets A Slant Six - Engine Power S2, E3 (don't hear much about the slant 6) [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Dodge Dart, sometimes they did go more to a coupe shape, like Plymouth Duster [view link] Pretty Neat! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Imperial Torsion Bars, not seen talk about them for these large size cars [view link] [view link] They are calling some of these C body, which as I knew was New Yorker, but also the larger years of Monaco and Fury. Same torsion bars? I think there is a big weight increase with Imperial, like they are over 5000 lbs SJG TJ [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Making the big C bodies ride harder: " Torsion Bars for C-bodies. These bars are forged proudly in the USA and are designed to improve the handling and performance of your Mopar C body. Take that land yacht floating feeling away and give your C body a modern feel with PST's 1.12" torsion bars, while regaining stock ride height. " [view link] C bodies only, Imperial [view link] 70 Fury [view link] 70 300 [view link] 67 300 [view link] 70 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, video (Fury's had been B body, but by now they were C body) [view link] 65 Monaco, 2dr. At this time it was about the same as a Sport Fury would be. [view link] 73 New Yorker [view link] This must be a New Yorker [view link] '69 Imperial, they must count this a C body, even though to me it looks bigger than a New Yorker and I have seen the weights, like 5200 lbs. [view link] '67 Imperial LeBaron [view link] 732 discussions on Imperial [view link] Guy wants torsion bars for '64 Imperial [view link] This guys will make them custom, and it is 50" long for Imperial. Firm Feel [view link] this gives more the body style classifications [view link] Mopar and Women [view link] SJG Frigid Pink [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    70 Plymouth Sport Fury [view link] This does seem strange to me, such a large car, but 2 doors instead of 4, and bucket seats and a center console instead of a bench '67, 383cid, 750 CFM edlebrock [view link] 71' with the headrests Marketed as "The Executive Supercar," standard issue beyond the plusher Sport Fury trim in '71 was the 375-hp 440-cube Super Commando V-8 with dual exhaust, GT stripes, heavy-duty suspension, power disc front brakes, and H70-15 Goodyear tires on 6-inch-wide road wheels. A 3.23:1 final drive and heavy-duty battery completed the package. I guess '71 was the last year of the Sport Fury [view link] '64, now this was a B body, not yet the larger C body [view link] 426 Wedge '62, 318cid and push button shifters ( has center console but no shift lever ) [view link] '65 [view link] '70 [view link] looks like New Yorker and Imperial. Maybe it is as big as New Yorker by now, but not Imperial '66, 383 cid. Maybe you had to buy the 'GT' to get 4bbl. But this one says '4 bbl' on its air filter cover [view link] SJG Best Blues Songs Ever | Relaxing Jazz Blues Guitar - The Best Blues Music Of All Time | Rock Ballads [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    List of Chrysler engines [view link] I had not known this but Big Block started at 350 cid, and then goes up to their maximum, 440 cid. Hadn't known that it started that low. Like for GM, big block means an extra 200 lbs. So I guess this is why Chrysler made lots of vehicles with 318cid and 340cid, but 383cid tended to be reserved for high performance or for large vehicles like C-body. Chrysler Newport [view link] Someone on this forum had posted about such, I guess the parents owned it. 383cid 4bbl Newport ended up being the entry level. Always looked to me like they were the same size as New Yorker, C-body, though of course not as big as Imperial 1970 2dr [view link] 1971, 6.3 Liter 2dr [view link] ^^^^ this one is missing its flexible heat riser tube on the engine's left side 1965 4dr, look good, looks like Imperial, though I don't think it is as big [view link] Column shift lever, not the push buttons Has the double brake master cylinder, so it looks like from the cover According to the owner, the 383ci 'Chrysler B' motor is the factory matching-numbers engine, never rebuilt. It is fitted with a 2V carb and outputs 270bhp. This MOPAR big-block still sounds strong. It is backed by a Chrysler 3-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission and the chassis is equipped with power steering, power brakes (front disc brake/dual master conversion) and torsion bar front suspension. Steel wheels with full factory wheel covers mount 14” radials. 1969 Newport 4 dr [view link] 1968 Newport [view link] 1978 Newport ( one of the last of the full sized breed ) The decade that dawned with the Big Three Detroit automakers perpetuating the "bigger-is-better" philosophy of design, saw them begin to embrace downsizing by its midpoint. At Chrysler, the Charger-sized 115-inch-wheelbase personal-luxury Cordoba debuted in 1975, and the top-of-the-luxury-line full-size 124-inch-wheelbase Imperial was retired after that same model year. Mid-1977 brought the comparatively diminutive LeBaron measuring 112.7 inches between its wheels. The Newport and New Yorker retained their 124-inch wheelbase (listed at 123.9 inches for 1978) until being redesigned for 1979 with a chassis that measured 118.5 inches from the front to rear wheel centers. Hence, the 1970s concluded with smaller and lighter Chrysler models across the board. 1966 2dr [view link] It is powered by a rebuilt original big-block 383ci engine that develops 270hp and 390 ft/lbs of torque with a rebuilt TorqueFlite 3-speed automatic transmission. It also has power steering and new dual exhaust. Looks like it has column shift lever, not push buttons '65 2dr, has column shift leverl [view link] B-Series 383ci Big Block V8 / Automatic Transmission, 4bbl On these kinds of cars the wheel wells are not structural. You can see that they can be removed. Not sure what the tops of the sock absorbers connect to. C platform [view link] [view link] [view link] C-bodies only [view link] This is after market frame conversion stuff, go from torsion bars to coil springs. Anyway, shows where the sock absorbers probably go. Costs $5800. [view link] these guys, Magnum Force, are in Las Vegas Mopar C models. They had D models for a while, Imperials I think. I guess after that Imperial came down to sensible size> [view link] SJG Best Blues Songs [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler 300, 1956 [view link] 354 cid pushrod hemi 1957, 392 cid pushrod hemi [view link] race version did 390hp 1959 [view link] 1966 [view link] 6.3 liters, 274 hp 1968 [view link] 440cid, clearly not hemi. 1970 Hurst [view link] This is very similar to that 1971 Sport Fury GT I found, the last of the sport furys. This Chrysler has a Hurst shifter because it has bucket seats and a center console, like the sport fury. Though the sport fury has a Chrysler made shifter as they had since 1965. A pretty big C body, big trunk and rear overhang. Probably 440cid 4bbl. Yeah, they call these the non-letter series, but not sure how far they went out beyond 1970. Seem to instead offer Cordoba, a Charger sized B-body. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler New Yorker 1966 2dr, 440 cid wedge head, no transmission push buttons, but a console shift lever [view link] 1968 4dr 1970 4dr, with the iconic wrap around bumper. I do not like vinyl tops. [view link] Yeah, they did not need to have New Yorker, 300 Newport, Imperial, and then Plymouth and Dodge C platforms too. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Dodge Polara 1960 to 1973. Looks like it started as a B body, then became a C body. [view link] 1964 Station Wagon [view link] 1968 2dr convertible Coupe ( looks a lot like Plymouth Sport Fury) [view link] [view link] Monaco went maybe from 65 to 77 ( police fleets I think kept it going ) And 1977 was a B-body ( charger size and Chrysler Cordoba size )Then till 92, but that was a K-car version [view link] So now to understand the full history, Founded by Walter Chrysler 1925 [view link] acquired by Daimler-Benz 1998 In 70's began partnership with Mitsubishi On the verge of bankruptcy in the late 1970s, it was saved by $1.5 billion in loan guarantees from the U.S. government. New CEO Lee Iacocca was credited with returning the company to profitability in the 1980s. In 1985, Diamond-Star Motors was created, further expanding the Chrysler-Mitsubishi relationship. In 1987, Chrysler acquired American Motors Corporation (AMC), which brought the profitable Jeep brand under the Chrysler umbrella. In 1998, Chrysler merged with German automaker Daimler-Benz to form DaimlerChrysler AG; the merger proved contentious with investors. As a result, Chrysler was sold to Cerberus Capital Management and renamed Chrysler LLC in 2007. Like the other Big Three automobile manufacturers, Chrysler was impacted by the automotive industry crisis of 2008–2010. The company remained in business through a combination of negotiations with creditors, filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization on April 30, 2009, and participating in a bailout from the U.S. government through the Troubled Asset Relief Program. On June 10, 2009, Chrysler emerged from the bankruptcy proceedings with the United Auto Workers pension fund, Fiat S.p.A., and the U.S. and Canadian governments as principal owners. The bankruptcy resulted in Chrysler defaulting on over $4 billion in debts. By May 24, 2011, Chrysler finished repaying its obligations to the U.S. government five years early, although the cost to the American taxpayer was $1.3 billion. Over the next few years, Fiat gradually acquired the other parties' shares while removing much of the weight of the loans (which carried a 21% interest rate) in a short period. On January 1, 2014, Fiat S.p.A. announced a deal to purchase the rest of Chrysler from the United Auto Workers retiree health trust. The deal was completed on January 21, 2014, making Chrysler Group a subsidiary of Fiat S.p.A.[5] In May 2014, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles was established by merging Fiat S.p.A. into the company. This was completed in August 2014. Chrysler Group LLC remained a subsidiary until December 15, 2014, when it was renamed FCA US LLC, to reflect the Fiat-Chrysler merger. The Imperial name had been used since 1926 but was never a separate make, just the top-of-the-line Chrysler. However, in 1955, the company decided to offer it as its own make/brand and division to better compete with its rivals, Lincoln and Cadillac. This addition changed the company's traditional four-make lineup to five (in order of price from bottom to top): Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and the now-separate Imperial. Yeah, there was a glory day, but that is long gone. Don't know what the future holds today, and not for FIAT either. SJG Elegant Blues Music - Best Slow Blues Songs Of All Time - Slow Relax Blues Ballads [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Lets look again at the more recent history of Imperial. [view link] Imperial Web Pages [view link] [view link] 1967 Imperial Crown [view link] bigger than New Yorker, something other than C-platform? 1969 - 1973. Yeah I guess it is a C-platform. 2 door version interesting. [view link] 1974 [view link] 1976 [view link] Yeah, 1978, no difference between Imperial and New Yorker / Newport. Also in 75 they introduced a B-body Fury [view link] " Nineteen seventy-eight was the last year for the big New Yorker. Chrysler’s lineup was shrinking–the Dodge Royal Monaco, Plymouth Gran Fury, and Chrysler Town & Country wagon had all disappeared at the end of 1977–but you could still get a big, “luxy” Chrysler, by golly! " Iacocca came in in Nov 1978, to save a company sinking fast. and then the Chrysler Cab Foward or LH. IMHO, the most advanced American cars ever made. I think Daimler cancelled them because they did not want to have to compete with them on the world market. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    K-cars [view link] To drive nice with their body size and with the I4 engine, they would have needed to have had a 4th automatic transmission gear. With that they would have been fine, just a nice as the current Japanese cars. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Chrysler 300 today 4 door only V6 or V8. No more 6.4L V8 at 470 HP, just 5.7L V8, 363 HP. No turbo to make it be able to match MBZ E63 AMG, even though the car was built with only a minor modification of the E-class platform. Dodge Charger, RT Scatpak, not sure that I like the styling, otherwise it is the same as 300, and 4drs only. 392 cid (6.4 L, 485 hp) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I think the LH Platform or Cab Forward, were the most advanced American cars ever made. It had actually been a joint project of Renault and American Motors. Chrysler acquired American Motors in 1987. [view link] [view link] a lot of stuff on this: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    thread [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I am going to join these two forums. IF you like old cars and like to keep them up, you need support of kindred spirits. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Let me look at the engine offerings on Dodge Pickup Trucks [view link] Ram 1500, $32.7k ( quite high from my view, but these are 4dr cabs) base offering is: Engine liters (L) 3.6 Cylinder configuration V-6 Horsepower (hp) 305 @ 6,400RPM Other engines? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    AMC Rebel The AMC Rebel (known as the Rambler Rebel in 1967) is a midsized car produced by American Motors Corporation (AMC) from 1967 to 1970. It replaced the Rambler Classic. ... A high-performance, low-priced muscle car version was produced in 1970, the Machine, that is most recognized in its flamboyant white, red, and blue trim. Engine: 232 cu in (3.8 L) I6 145 or 155 hp (116 ... [view link] made mid-engine: [view link] How I got SCAMMED buying a Plymouth Superbird online sight unseen (So much broken/missing) (this car has the hemi-head, I think 426 cid) [view link] SJG DR.JOHN live at an Italian TV music program (1988) [view link] Bruha Bembe [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Did Hudson to to American Motors? [view link] Yes, merged with Nash in 1954 to form AMC. Hudson name used until 1957. [view link] How about Willys? [view link] Yes, sold to AMC in 1970 How about Packard? Packard bought Studebaker in 1954. There was talk of merging with AMC. George Romney said no. Well this is complicated and it goes out so far as the Studebaker Avanti. But it looks like both names are gone, along with Pierce Arrow. But I have read that they Studebaker grounds, along with their name in the landscaping, has been preserved. I think the Duesenberg name had been bought. SJG Bruha Bembe [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Hudson introduced the first Hudson Hornet in 1951. The automaker formed a stock car racing team centered on the car, and the "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" soon became famous for its wins and stock-car title sweeps between 1951 and 1954. American Motors retained rights to 'Hornet' name during Automotive Manufacturer Association ban on factory supported racing from 1957 to 1962, and was dormant from 1958 to 1969. The rights to the "Hornet" nameplate then passed to Chrysler with that company's acquisition of AMC in 1987. The Hornet's styling was based on the AMC Cavalier and Vixen show cars. [view link] 1971 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I remember a time when I was able to diagnose and correct a problem on a Chrysler. It was a mid-70's B body, still fairly new. Owner would start it up cold and it would go onto the fast idle cam. But then it would not come down. So she had to make a very hard shift into D, to move. Lots of people looked at it and were confounded. Dealer serviced it. They replaced parts, like the fast idle cam. But in a few months it was the same. I looked at it. Took of the air filter housing and examined how it worked. I saw that the choke was close because it was cold. Choke activated fast idle cam, but only when you stepped on the gas could it engage. So I started it up and then got out and watched. Choke opened quickly. Fast idle cam was still engaged. When I pulled on the throttle by hand, it did not want to come down. So I tried again and pushed it down. This was fine. So I shut it down and took the fast idle cam off, as well as the circlip for the rod which allowed the choke to set it. So I cleaned everthing with WD-40, and then I put it back together. Since it was warm now, I set the fast idle cam by hand, and then saw that it came down as soon as you pulled on the throttle. So I put the air filter housing back on. Then I explained that it should be tested again the next morning. And it worked fine. Now in less than 6 months it was gummed up again and did not work, as before. So I cleaned it with WD-40, without taking anything off and with out taking the air filter housing off. It was decided that it should get this cleaning every 3 months when the oil gets changed. Often in life I have been able to solve technical problems with things which confounded other people. I was able to do this because I would think logically, make careful observations, study available documentation, and then just stay with it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    D 1957–1966 full-size car Imperial Chrysler D platform. This was in that era when Imperial was bigger than New Yorker [view link] [view link] If you wanted new front torsion bars for one of these, you might need to have them custom made. And I would suggest much stiffer ones. Those firm feel people that make them for C-Body would likely know how. And a guy posted on a forum about having such made. SJG OMS Martinists [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Saw a Chrysler 200S. License plate said it was a 2015 model year. Nice car. Alloy wheels and 235/40/19 tires. 4 doors of course. Never really like the 200 name. Not historical. Could have called it Sirus, Sebring, Concorde or Newport. Not sure if this was the same as Dodge Dart, might have been bigger. Originally Chrysler 200 was the legacy of K-cars. But the last were build on a FIAT platform. Not sure where they were assembled. Not sure if anything came from Europe. Those platforms run around 400 lbs. Some problem with manual transmission Darts. It was a FIAT transmission and the clutch linkage would fail. Not sure how many they sold manual transmission. And most things have some design defects. If something is wrong you fix it. The 200 was FWD and so you get more cabin and trunk room. A very practical car. But now 200 and Dart are gone. The 200 was about the same size as Toyota Camry and that still sells. Toyota Camry [view link] The brand which sells the best for Stellantis is Jeep. But that is just because of the legacy, and because some people want those kinds of vehicles. They should still be able to make ordinary passenger cars and sell them. No one is building a FWD passenger car in North America. SJG Drive My Car [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I saw a huge old Chrysler going down the expressway. It was an open top touring car. I don't really go for that because it is hard to have a roll bar when you have the back seat. But this is what people like to collect. I think it was going to a collector's event. The guy was not driving it very fast. The old car would not have had the breaks, tires, or suspension of the new cars. Not the thing you want to push fast anyway. Must have been early to late 60's. I noticed it right away because of how big it was. I would say Newport or New Yorker. But it was so big that I think it had to be a D-platform Imperial. 1966 Imperial [view link] 1965 [view link] 1965 Chrysler Newport [view link] 1966 Chrysler Newport [view link] 1966 New Yorker [view link] 64 Imperial [view link] 63 Imperial LeBaron [view link] 67 Imperial Crowne, Jay Leno's [view link] 62 Imperial [view link] SJG Ayla [view link] Weather Report - Live at Montreux (1976) [Remastered] [view link] M Davis Bitches Brew 1970Full Album] HD 1080p (1) [view link] Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone (Live at Newport 1965) [view link] Mick Jagger about Bob Dylan's voice. [view link] All Along the Watchtower (1994) [view link] Frampton [view link] Steely Dan: "Live" St. Louis, MO, Sept. 4th, 2006, Full Concert, (HD) [view link] Steely Dan - Katy Lied (1975, Studio Album) 09 Any World (That I'm Welcome To) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Stellantis ( works on Foxfire but not on Chrome ) news [view link] Software Day [view link] [view link] presentations [view link] Stellantis 1 year [view link] SJG Joni Mitchell [view link] Piperdown [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    These guys are way out there! One fast year down, a bright future lies ahead for Stellantis, a company born to seize the new era of mobility by offering innovative, agile and efficient solutions that will change the way the world moves. “Our industry is entering an exciting new era, fueled by our customers’ ever increasing digital lifestyles,” said Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis. “It is no coincidence that Stellantis was born precisely when our world requires a new kind of spirit, one that supports this human imperative by providing clean, connected, affordable and safe freedom of mobility for all. I’m grateful to every Stellantis employee for their daily contributions to building our common community and achieving greatness as we pave the way for a bright future.” Dramatic Video: [view link] Software Day Stellantis Presents Its Software Strategy During a live digital event, Stellantis mapped out its software strategy to deploy next-generation tech platforms, building on existing connected vehicle capabilities to transform how customers interact with their vehicles, and to generate approximately €20 billion in incremental annual revenues by 2030. This transformation will move Stellantis’ vehicles from today’s dedicated electronic architectures to an open software-defined platform that seamlessly integrates with customers’ digital lives. It greatly expands the options customers have to add innovative features and services via regular over-the-air (OTA) updates keeping vehicles fresh, exciting and updated years after they have been built. “Our electrification and software strategies will support the shift to become a sustainable mobility tech company to lead the pack, leveraging the associated business growth with over-the-air features and services, and delivering the best experience to our customer. With the three all-new AI-powered technology platforms to arrive in 2024, deployed across the four STLA vehicle platforms, we will leverage the speed and agility associated with the de-coupling of hardware and software cycle.” - Carlos Tavares, Group CEO Web Cast, need to register, and click to show that you agree to be contacted: [view link] Tech Talk: [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Carlos Tavares [view link] They are not giving up on combustion vehicles. There new extensive software with immediate HP upgrades will be on Dodge, Ram Trucks, and Alfa Romeo. I feel better knowing this, but I still want to see competitive combustion practical passenger cars (FWD) being sold in the US. Made in North America too. As it is now, there are too many market niches they seem to have given up on. SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] Joni Mitchell - Amelia [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The origins of B-platform. I think back in the 50's, Fury was as big as anything they made. But then in the early 60's we had this Plymouth Sport Fury: [view link] and here '62 [view link] These tended to be 318 cid and 4bbl carb, and with the push button transmission. Now it was in '65 that they came out with Charger and Satellite, and that was also when Fury changed to being the bigger C-Platform. So I think it was these early 60's Furies, and then also the Belvedere. Belvedere went back much futher and there was also Dodge Regent. But here is a 65, just like the early 60's Sport Fury [view link] Someday I will be able to collect and restore old cars just like Jay Leno SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    231 responses on this thread. 225 of them were you responding to yourself and now I’m 232 just to make fun of you. Please seek help, you need it. Retard.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^^^ We are seeing her in Shailynn the effects of that Kevlar belted and vulanized rubber jock strap that his mom makes him wear to keep his voice from changing, so that he gets to keep singing in the West Texas Christian Glee Club. *********************************************** So Plymouth, what models did they make and what is the history of Fury? This is '59, and it is as big as New Yorker [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Says here that Plymouth Fury was introduced in 1956, originally as a variant on Belvedere. [view link] I assumed that Belvedere was named after their plant in Illinois. Unless maybe they built the town and gave it that name. 3rd Gen '62 - '64 used the new B platform. [view link] '65 they went to C -platform and you can see that they look like New Yorker. About 75 they went back to B-platform, as did a lot of their other stuff. Lets look at the history of that division name, going back to 1928, then up to 2001 [view link] Totally cool, 62 sport fury, B-platform. Remember that A-platform was smaller [view link] Plymouth was pithced at the econo market, like Ford and Chevrolet. Check this out 54 plymouth explorer [view link] ANd here was acclaim which would have been FWD, a k-car, so Transverse [view link] Wikipedia does not show Belvedere [view link] Belvedere 54 to 70 54, says it is made in michigan [view link] this is just like New Yorker. Maybe new yorker has longer hood and rear fender hips. [view link] SJG Tom Jones - She's a Lady [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Dodge Polara [view link] During the years this was made, it was the closest to Plymouth Sport Fury. The day is coming when I will be able to collect and restore old cars, just like Jay Leno. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    So how does Dodge Monaco fit into this? They say it was a C-platform, intended to be the Dodge flagship and it superseded Polara. But then in 1978 they changed it to a B-platform, just like Coronet and Charger. [view link] But then in 1979 they changed it to St. Regis [view link] and then lets look at Regent too, like Belvedere [view link] Mostly before 1960 and with a flat head I6 They also had this Dodge Mayfair [view link] And then about Virgil Exner, worked for Chrysler and Studebaker [view link] Forward Look was 1955 to 1963 [view link] I would point out that Packard was making ther cars look very much like that at that time. 1956 DeSoto Adventurer [view link] I think that model name was the last for DeSoto, last year 1962. ANd Exner was with Studebaker before he was with Chrysler. Chrysler had Dodge Polara B-platform 62 to 64. Before that there were not really platforms because the cars were not unitized. Plaforms started, from Memory, 1958 with A platform ( Dart, Valiant, Lancer, Baracuda) then in 62 they came up with B platform. Then maybe C became a plaform in 1965 Just like Jay Leno I will be! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    [view link] So '62 to '64 Dodge Polara was a B-Body. Just like Sport Fury. Then in '65 they changed to C body. But then eventually Polara was replaced by Monaco and Sport Fury by Gran Fury. Makes sense, let the big C bodies by luxury cars, and let the muscle cars be B body, Satelite, Road Runner, and Charger. And they also had the more extreme E-BOdy 2dr only, Challenger and 'Cuda. Before '62 there would not have been B or C platforms. They had A platform, but the bigger cars were not unitized. Probably a common frame, but that was all. SJG Montrose KSAN [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The Last Sport Fury !971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT attempt at a C-Body Muscle Car. Suspension firmed up with torsion bars from firm feel in Las Vegas 440 cid, 750 Edelbrock 4v. But 6v option also available. Dual exhaust, front seat headrests, and this would have had front disc brakes. Made for Just '70 and '71 [view link] So this is the same size as Polara, New Yorker, 300, of the same years. SJG [view link] [view link] Live - All Over You - 7/23/1999 - Woodstock 99 East Stage [view link] Creed [view link] Live Freaks [view link] Daughtry Greatest Hits Full Album - Best Songs of Daughtry 2020 playlist [view link] Beyoncé - Sweet Dreams [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    [view link] 1960 to 1976 I kind of like the second generation, from 63. Here 64 [view link] This was the A-Body Plaform, I think the work started in 1958. Before that they had full sized cars and they were separate body and frame. But A body was where they first went to unitized. This was probably where they first brought out torsion bar front suspension. Two sizes of I6. Later they started going to small block V8. So stock you could go up to 340 cid. Not sure how well big block would fit. Cars this old will have drum brakes, though the front will be double action. And single master cylinder. But maybe you can adapt the parts from newer cars and get front disk and double master cylinder. The plan for these cars was small outside, but not necessarily so small inside. By today's standards these cars are quite big. [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    So this 1960 Valiant is a Virgil Exner Forward Look design. Exner had been hired away from Studebaker. [view link] The second generation started in 1963. Seen here in this 1964 that I like, available 2dr and 4dr. [view link] It is an Elwood Engel Slab design. Engel had been hired away from Ford. Lets look at Dodge Dart and see how it was. [view link] So actually this name plate started on a big car, Virgil Exner Forward Look. Then in the second and third generation it was the A-body Elwood Engel Slab design. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Dart doesn't become A body until 3rd generation. 1963 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Jay Leno's Garage [view link] [view link] [view link] garage tour [view link] Pics [view link] 140,000 sqft tour [view link] SJG Thin Lizzy [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Works on Foxfire, but not Chrome Stellantis April 13, 2022 q1 meeting, another meeting for May 5th too. [view link] SJG X [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Look at the old New Yorker in this video. Cream color convertible. [view link] This was before the platforms, A, B, C, D, and E, so it was not unitized, separate body and frame. Virgil Exner was hired away from Studebaker in 1955. This might though have been a bit before him. [view link] 1954, just like in the video. [view link] 1955, this is Virgil Exner [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Stellantis (works on Foxfire but not Chrome [view link] First Half 2022 Results Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 12:30 pm CEST / 6:30 am EDT Communications Technology [view link] Still 15 brands, but not enough vehicle models to use a third of them, IMHO. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Stellantis (works on Foxfire but not Chrome ) First Half Results 7/28 [view link] Stellatis Start Up Awards, 7 Companies Recognized [view link] Driving Towards Sustainability [view link] 14 car brands now, but not enough vehicle models, especially in the US SJG Jefferson Starship - Jane - 2018 School of Rock AllStars Team 6 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    THe Seven Startups [view link] (works in FoxFire, not Chrome) Dare Forward 2030 ambition of embracing breakthrough ideas and customer-centric innovations that enable clean, safe and affordable mobility for all. I guess these are the 7 startups mentioned here: Customer Experience – Developed by HAAS Alert in the U.S., the Emergency Vehicle Alert System has the mission to get everyone to their destination safely and help avoid distracted driving by alerting drivers to nearby emergency vehicles and hazards in real-time. Stellantis is currently offering the technology on a limited number of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram vehicles. Quality – Applied in Turkey, Daxium’s digitalization of a pre-delivery vehicle inspection checklist and dashboard are helping Stellantis improve its control process, as well as to ensure that the quality and delivery of its imported vehicles to the end customer achieve the highest standards. The project will soon be extended to Morocco, Egypt, Israel and Europe. New Business – Deployed in France on the Citroën Ami, DS E-TENSE electrified models and Peugeot 308 plug-in hybrid and in Italy on the Citroën Ami and all-electric Fiat New 500, the solution developed by the startup Demooz turns current vehicle owners into ambassadors, connecting them with potential customers to facilitate through word of mouth the discovery, access, and testing of Stellantis products. Automotive Tech – U.K.-based startup Envisics is providing more effective and timely driving information with a new generation head-up display that uses augmented reality and high-quality holographic technology. The innovative feature will be offered on Stellantis’ next generation premium and luxury vehicles. Industry 4.0 – Applied inside the Stellantis plant in Betim, Brazil, the solution created by Phygitall uses smart watches to analyze the pattern and intensity of hand movements to optimize the manufacturing process, increasing safety, quality and efficiency. Supply Chain – Developed in Argentina and Brazil by JettaCargo, the software leverages artificial intelligence to simulate the optimal loading of cargo on trucks and containers. It is currently automating Stellantis’ planning and composing of ground transportation, reducing the impact of CO2 emissions and breakdown of goods in transport, while improving logistics and increasing cargo safety. Agility & Efficiency – Applied in India for the Citroën brand, the virtual assist developed by BlinkIN supports vehicle repair shop technicians with real-time, remote assistance from Stellantis expert engineers via smartphone, enabling the deployment of a cost-effective solution that ultimately reduces the down time for customers’ vehicles and provides a better customer experience. THis is a pdf press release. They don't give links to these firms. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Having a hard time getting to see the Stellantis first half report. But here is some interpretation: look at the Porsche Tascan Pricing buoys Stellantis, VW keeps outlook [view link] [view link] [view link] Okay, this seems to be first half, and it runs on Foxfire, but not Chrome [view link] This Dodge Speed Week is something not expected as they are moving to EV's. Maybe they will update Challenger and Charger, and maybe 300 too. August 16 and 17: Gateway Muscle and Future Muscle Reveals as part of ‘Dodge Speed Week’ September: Jeep 4xe Day November 3: Q3 2022 Shipments and Revenues November: Ram Revolution 14 page pdf [view link] I wish they had a more extensive use of all their brand names, especially in the US, but by the numbers they seem to be doing real well. Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS Automobiles, Fiat, Jeep®, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, Vauxhall. I want to see them bring back some of the old brand names from Chrysler and American Motors too. But by the numbers they seem to know just what they are doing. SJG Seattle, also looking pretty good, much better than San Jose. The key is to get them in stripper shoes, strapped on, painted up, and in skirts or dresses. They they are the equal of strip club, Viet Coffee, or AMP girls. The rest of what they wear does not matter is it won't be staying on very long. [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Gimme Shelter - Rochester School of Rock [view link] Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Stellantis plans a profitable goodbye for combustion muscle cars [view link] Stellantis ranked last among major U.S. automakers in corporate average fuel economy in 2021, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. U.S. regulators earlier this year said they would increase penalties for failing to hit CO2 emissions targets, a decision that could cost Stellantis as much as $572 million. Stellantis has said it will retool the Brampton, Ont. factory that builds the Charger and Challenger "to support the company's electrification plans," as part of a broader $2.8 billion investment that will include conversion of an assembly plant in Windsor, Ont. to build a new "multi-energy vehicle" architecture. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Just what I wanted, reusing the AMC names. Hornet came from Hudson. Dodge’s first electrified vehicle will be a new crossover called the Hornet [view link] Not a fan of SUV's, but they've got to build what sells. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ If they can make this work, then they can make a low floor low roof FWD only sedan version. And they could even make a 2dr Coupe version. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    [view link] The compact crossover will be Dodge’s new entry-level vehicle, with a starting price of less than $30,000 for a Hornet GT model with a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder engine. The plug-in hybrid model, which Dodge is calling the Hornet R/T, will start at about $40,000. It marks a return to the lower-priced mainstream market following the discontinuation of the Dart sedan and Journey crossover in 2016 and 2020, respectively. “We think the potential is huge with the growth of this segment,” Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis said during a media briefing. He declined to discuss sales expectations for the vehicle, which was unveiled Tuesday night at an event in Pontiac, Michigan. The Hornet R/T PHEV will have more than 285 horsepower and 383 foot-pounds of torque, according to Dodge. It will be able to travel more than 30 miles before a 1.3-liter turbocharged internal combustion engine turns on to power the vehicle. Dodge says the GT model will have at least 265 horsepower and 295 foot-pounds of torque. The Hornet GT is expected to arrive in U.S. showrooms late this year, followed by the plug-in model next spring. The vehicles will be produced at a plant in Italy alongside the Alfa Romeo Tonale, which has a shared a platform and components but different design characteristics. (I had thought it might be made in Turin. I think Alfa Romeo used to be in Milan. I know Stellantis was planning on an Alfa Romeo electric SUV. Glad they made it Dodge instead.) Dodge also showed a concept vehicle called Hornet GT GLH (Goes Like Hell) – another resurrected name from the Dodge Omni GLH in the mid-1980s – that could be built using aftermarket parts or go into production at a later date, offering additional performance to the vehicle lineup. The unveiling of the Hornet comes a day after the company confirmed it would discontinue the Dodge Charger and Challenger muscle cars at the end of next year. They are expected to be replaced by at least one new electric performance car starting in 2024. Stellantis was formed by the merger automaker of Fiat Chrysler and France-based Groupe PSA. It has 14 auto brands including Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Peugeot. The company is investing $35.5 billion in vehicle electrification and supporting technologies through 2025. The Hornet name was first used for a car produced in the 1950s by Hudson Motor, made popular in recent years by Disney’s “Cars” franchise. It was then used by American Motors in the 1970s, followed by Chrysler, now known as Stellantis, for a concept car that never made it into production in 2006. ($35.5 billion invested in eVs !) SJG In My Dreams [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Alfa Romeo Tonale, Well they are calling this a crossover SUV, seems to look the same as Dodge Hornet. MOre interested in sedan and coupe versions myself. [view link] $38k [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I am not a fan of SUV's, crossover or otherwise. But if they can make this, they can make a 4 door sedan version and a 2 door coupe version. Low roof and floor, FWD only better. Have to be able to sell enough copies to keep the name plate alive. [view link] And hybrid drive is the way of the future, unless you go all electric. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    New Dodge Charger EV Concept And Hornet SUV, 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Plus Lincoln And Acura Concepts: Your Weekly Brief [view link] with 800 volts on the Charger, that will be like a Porsche Taycan, high voltage for lower current. Really Fast. Also the new charger has a lower hood, and this was a problem with these retro Chryslers. The originals had push rod motors. The retro's were overhead cam, so you can't ever get the hood as low so they didn't look the same. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Stellantis to Dodge: Find a Replacement for Displacement [view link] 2022 [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Plymouth Belvedere in the 50's was just a body on frame, full sized car. In the 60's though they started making this platforms because the cars became unitized. C platform would be full sized. Belvedere became a B platform. Fury started in 1956, but by the early 60's it was B platform. They had Sport Fury 318 cid 4bbl, with push button transmission. But they also had Savoy 4dr with push button transmission. [view link] '64 was the last year, and this is what I saw, just like this: [view link] From Belvedere came GTX, B body. [view link] What I saw was like this, a collector's car and 440 cid w/ 3x 2bbl. [view link] The transformation of all their cars to fuselage body would come a bit after. Like this 1971 [view link] Notice the wrap around from bumper, and just like Charger, Satellite, and Road Runner. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Fiat New 500 EV production hit by parts shortages as Stellantis confirms yearly target Stellantis plans to double its Fiat New 500 EV production year on year. (Image source: Fiat)Stellantis plans to double its Fiat New 500 EV production year on year. (Image source: Fiat) Stellantis has confirmed its plans to double the number of Fiat New 500 electric vehicle units it produces this year compared to last year. However, CEO Carlos Tavares has also stated that the company is facing parts shortages, which has put this target at risk. The electric 500 remains popular in Europe, second only to Tesla vehicles. [view link] SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion