tuscl

do they hire black girls?

i’ve been told many times this club is racist AF, but when i look on their instagram and some other pages i see they have a few black girls working…. i’ve tried to get hired here multiple times and they ignore me. but the black girls i have seen working didn’t look like much at all, not to sound rude but i look way better than them. so what the fuck is the problem? do they only want skinny petite women? like what is the type here. bc i’ve never been rejected from any other club i’ve tried to work at and i look damn good. is there anyway i can go up there and get hired directly instead of sending in pictures to a manager?

18 comments

• Electronman
    3 years ago
    Ive been an infrequent customer at this club for a number of years but I don't know very much about their hiring practices. I can confirm your observation that the club does have a number of black dancers, probably 25% or less. I can also confirm that the talent seems to focus on slender women with some preference for zero or more discreet tattoos. But there are certainly exceptions as you'll see in my recent review of FC where I note that "thicker" women are also dancing at FC.

I don't know if their hiring practices are "racist" but I do know that they seldom play any rap music and the club has a very different vibe than some of the "urban" clubs where the focus is on making it rain and less on selling private dances. Personally, I feel comfortable in a mixed race club (both patrons and dancers) and I enjoy black dancers, especially if they are on the slender/athletic end of the spectrum. Its a preference for body type and performance, not skin color. But, I do not like the "urban" clubs with customers (regardless of their ethnic background) who "make it rain." In my experience, if the dancers can make bank by twerking for some customer who is willing to throw a hundred ones on stage, then they will not be very motivated to provide high quality private dances. Thus, I enjoy Flight Club, partly because of the focus on private dances.

As to the hiring strategy, you might get better advice from the other dancers on this web site.
  • lxoxo101
    3 years ago
    okay. i am a black dancer but i’m not “urban” at all, i dont work in all black clubs and prefer to work in VIP based clubs rather than make it rain type places. it’s frustrating bc I look great and they won’t give me the time of day, but a lot of the black dancers ive seen working there don’t look good at all? whatever. i’ll stay at landing strip 💎
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Were you with that agency to get any feedback? I get the impression a lot of Detroit club managers are too lazy to deal with auditioning dancers themselves. Back when waffle was posting I remember her mentioning, and that whole concept is odd to me.

https://motorcityshowgirls.com/
  • lxoxo101
    3 years ago
    when i called the club they give me that number, i texted him and he responded and as soon as i sent my pics i never got a response. i’ve tried to get hired here maybe three times the past three years and i never get any response
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    You might try DMing NinaBambina, she’s a Detroit native also, and I remember her both mentioning that agency and working at the Fight Club
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Per my only visit to Flight Club from out of town on a dayshift, I only saw one black dancer and she had more of a "whitegirl's body" (slim with fake boobs).

Flight Club is on the upscale end and IME these types of clubs tend to hire few black-dancers and the ones they hire often tend to have slim figures.

I get the sense these types of clubs only a hire a set # of black dancers and it's probably harder for black dancers to get in (it may be hard on avg for dancers to get in but probably even harder for a black dancer).
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    The Platinum Plus in Columbia SC had a policy of only hiring a few black girls. The sent most of the applicants to their sister club. I do remember a rather chunky black girls working at PP and I asked my ATF how that black girl got hired. She told me that the dancer claimed to be Pacific Islander.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    The Flight Club definitely has black dancers but most dancers are white. Maybe 10% black. The black dancers tend to resemble the stereotypical white girls. I don't know if this is a racist policy or not. They used to allow dancers to come to the club and audition. You could call them and ask to audition.

Why do you want to leave the Landing Strip?
  • lxoxo101
    3 years ago
    i actually love landing strip, i just wanted to try some other clubs because i like variety. i think it’s stupid they won’t allow in person auditions tho bc i know for a fact they would hire me if they saw me in person vs a selfie.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    The thinking these managers have is if they hire too many black girls, it becomes a black club and then there's no going back. I don't know if that's true or not but I have heard that theory stated more than a few times.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    3 years ago
    My trips to FC last year they had black dancers that looked black. My trips this year I haven't seen any dancers that didn't appear "mixed". Maybe they've changed their hiring standards. It's not like FC has a sterling reputation with POC
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "You might try DMing NinaBambina, she’s a Detroit native also, and I remember her both mentioning that agency and working at the Fight Club"

I've worked with two agencies but neither was Motor City Showgirls. Never worked at the Flight Club. 😊

As for the OP, Flight Club has a few black dancers but is majority white in dancers and clientele. This means they tend to hire thin/fit white girls. They will hire a black girl if she has a "black barbie" sort of look, as opposed to a thicker and more urban look. What is your body type? That will be a factor. Also, they just might be on a black girl hiring freeze. A lot of the majority white clubs will do this. One club I worked at years ago told my black friend to her face that he had too many black girls. He told me he'd hire her when he got rid of some of his black girls and he eventually did. A lot of strip clubs are very discriminatory. FC is no exception.

You could try Landing Strip near the airport. Last time I was there (as a customer), they had a few black girls. They also have a much lower tipout than Flight Club and less extras.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    OOPS, just read the entire thread and found out you've already been at Landing Strip. Sorry!
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I guess this is the trenches or where “the rubber meets the road” when it comes to affirmative action.

Most places try to provide entertainment their clientele wants.

A heavy metal rock club (do they have those still? I’m getting old) isn’t going to book an R&B band.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    I work here. They hire black girls no problem. They just don't like thick girls of any race. You have to text photos of yourself to one of their agents and tell him you want to work here. He'll arrange for you to come in and audition. OR you can just show up and audition. A bunch of girls were recently fired, so this club needs girls because of shift quotas or something (someone explained it to me like that). You can pm me if you have any questions.
  • lxoxo101
    3 years ago
    i was thinking about just trying to show up and audition then instead of sending pictures bc whenever i have sent pics, i never get a response. and i definitely look better in person lmao
  • lxoxo101
    3 years ago
    if you don’t mind me asking, why did so many girls get fired? bc all the flight club girls came to LS and we were confused why there were so many mew girls lol
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    Dancers had disagreements with each other and things got heated. Let's leave it at that. They'll be back eventually and I don't want them coming after me for putting their business on here. I saw your PM. I'll respond tomorrow (late Thursday). Alan the owner is visiting this week, so if you want to audition, try it on Sunday or Monday when he's less likely to be there. He expects his dancers to be of a certain caliber and he demands perfection of his staff. I'm not putting him down for this though; he just knows he has a great club and wants to keep it that way. But you're more likely to be hired if you audition on one of those two nights.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion