tuscl

New law puts hundreds out of a job at Texas strip clubs

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 1:19 PM
"Gov. Greg Abbott, on May 24, signed a law making it a criminal offense for sexually oriented businesses to hire 18-, 19- or 20-year-olds either as employees or contract workers. The law came into effect the day of Abbott’s signature, meaning hundreds of Texans under the age of 21 lost their jobs immediately."

Abbott is a woke pussy.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-t…

22 comments

• gammanu95
    3 years ago
    As long as clubs are appropriately and honestly operated, this bill does nothing but hurt honest workers. If a place is found to be profiting from sex trafficking or other exploited persons, then punish that business and that instance. From the standpoint of a fan of both strip clubs and bully breeds, this makes as much sense as a breed ban.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I feel sorry for the people that are now suddenly out of a job. But I also see the point of the new law. Does an 18 year old really understand what they are getting into when they go to work at a club ? Not sure a 21 year old does either, but at least she is a little more mature.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I heard JS69 has been crying all week over this announcement.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    Girls that age generally suck at lap dances anyway.... MILF power!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I believe that this has already been discussed at length here:

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7607…
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Let the dancers know Arizona is open.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Agree girls that age generally suck :-)
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    20 is too young to dance and yet "In Texas, 17-year-olds who are arrested are automatically sent to the adult justice system. Texas is one of only four states left to treat these teens as adults for criminal justice purposes."

I am not interested in dancers still in their teens, but recognize the hypocrisy in TX.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Maybe if they allowed assault rifles in clubs. Texas is a backward shit hole
  • Bavarian
    3 years ago
    Baby Dolls had a significant amount of under 21 dancers. Now they are gone.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    This is ridiculous and I can't believe people are defending it. I thought conservatives were against Gov intervention in our daily lives?
    What's the significance of age 21? If it's so critical then stop letting 18 year olds join the military, buy property, open their own investment accounts...
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    It's insanely hypocritical not to mention not well thought out. This is more of an assault on our freedoms than a mask mandate. I want my full array of options at Bucks Wild damnit
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Texas is one the better strip club states overall but you’d have to think his will take it down a couple notches. That is a huge segment of the stripper population.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I get the 21 year old limit if the clubs allow dancers to drink and encourage customers to buy drinks for dancers. I have rarely seen a club that actively stopped customers from buying drinks for 20 year old dancers.

Personally I would rather just see a crackdown on clubs that allow dancers under 21 to drink but it would take something like a year long liquor license suspension if caught serving an underage dancer for it to be effective. The harsher penalty would be appropriate because the club couldn't "accidentally" serve alcohol to an underage dancer since they would have to check ID when hiring them.

If the club doesn't sell alcohol or at least doesn't allow customers to buy dancers drinks it should be allowed to have 18+ dancers.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Soo much for personal freedoms. This is nanny state stuff
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ Texas does not have 100% juice bar clubs. In the clubs that don’t serve alcohol, the customers can bring it in from home. Dancers have drank with customers there too.

From that point of view, there is nothing wrong with closing the loophole with alcohol access. I do have sympathy though because, sadly, not everybody has the luxury of much of a safety net in their lives and it’s one more thing that will be cut off.

I remember seeing another article somewhere on this. This started because of one woman who was mad because her daughter was working at a club and died while driving home after her shift (unknown to her at the time), and another woman who worked at a club back in the day and owed a pimp 7k a month back then, and I forget the backstory of the third woman. I don’t agree that this recent stuff passed will end the stuff that caused their grievances, but is what it is.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    These girls will turn to meet random guys online but thank goodness they won't be exposed to alcohol.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Yeah if they passed this to address "human trafficking" it won't make a difference. Anyone that would force an 18 year old into the sex industry against their will can and will do the same thing with a 21 year old. Or they will just get a fake ID for the 18 year old, or younger, girl since they obviously don't care about the law. They can aways jump pimp them out through SeekingArrangements or OnlyFans or just turn them out on the corner the old fashion way.

If anything this will help human traffickers find victims because it takes away an option for a lot of young women to support themselves.

I just assumed the 21 year old requirement was alcohol related like some states have had for a long time.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    And how many clubs is this gonna close down?
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    dont worry about the hypocrisy mr goodyman

as a space geneious i predict that mr skibum or mr theosu will appear and explain how this is all due to liberals

then mr dugan will appear and explain to u how mask mandate are equivalent to the holocaust but this law is perfectly reasonable and actually expands freedom

im certain these explanations will be truely brilliant and will not bring politics into the front room and therefore make baby jesus cry. i am now starting the countdown to their geneious explanation: 3, 2, 1 ...,
  • Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    No problem with that. 21 is plenty young enough. You guys are so concerned with a 17 year old having a loving relationship with a 19 year old but become outraged if an 18 year old can't work in a strip club.

Anyway, older women are hotter anyway. Lets protect the 18 and 19 year olds. Its not a big deal.
  • how
    3 years ago
    Seems to coincide with the legal drinking age...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion